Notices

Just a few observations....

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2003, 03:54 AM
BubbaBoot

vCash: 500
Just a few observations....

Finally had a few moments to cruise through some of the other boards and the *NEW*WICKED*SUPER-IMPROVED*POLY-UNSATURATED* HF SITE!!!

A new spiffy look with nice graphics and all but I while I think it may be an unfair tag, I sorta miss the numerical ratings of prospects....it was a quick referance point...but that's just a trivial thing compared to:
- a) when is the B's page going to be updated?
- b) for the butchers of the English language, (like yours truly)...a spell check funktion.
- c) something that is just so damn heinious but guaranteed to open up a can of worms....if the Blackhawks are rated as the #1 prospects organization, why does Wirtz fire the head of scouting, (and I'm presuming some scouts also?), along with the rest of the player talent analysis crew?

Is he really that cheap of an S.O.B.?
Is the CBA issue talk just posturing rhetoric or are we really lurching towards a lockout?
Is this a reflection of the times....have we really hit the ceiling?

Old
12-02-2003, 04:16 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
The only thing I really, really dislike about the new site design is that one of HF's code-monkeys decided it would be a good idea to set the background color of the site to black. Now everytime I navigate through the site, I get a black screen before everything pops up. Nothing serious, but it's damn annoying.

To HF people: if the majority of your site is white, use the default white background color. It's just as easy to code the two (or so) table cells to be black as it is to code the rest of it white.

Old
12-02-2003, 04:27 AM
Bruwinz37

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaBoot
Finally had a few moments to cruise through some of the other boards and the *NEW*WICKED*SUPER-IMPROVED*POLY-UNSATURATED* HF SITE!!!

A new spiffy look with nice graphics and all but I while I think it may be an unfair tag, I sorta miss the numerical ratings of prospects....it was a quick referance point...but that's just a trivial thing compared to:
- a) when is the B's page going to be updated?
- b) for the butchers of the English language, (like yours truly)...a spell check funktion.
- c) something that is just so damn heinious but guaranteed to open up a can of worms....if the Blackhawks are rated as the #1 prospects organization, why does Wirtz fire the head of scouting, (and I'm presuming some scouts also?), along with the rest of the player talent analysis crew?

Is he really that cheap of an S.O.B.?
Is the CBA issue talk just posturing rhetoric or are we really lurching towards a lockout?
Is this a reflection of the times....have we really hit the ceiling?
Bubba, the HF prospect rankings must be taken with a grain of salt. I think many of the people who run the prospects pages are nothing more than fans. You shoulda got a load of the last guy to run the Bruins page.....he didnt have a clue. Frankly I think it is more the case of guys being self proclaimed experts or more likely just overzealous fans.....rare occasion you will find a guy who has done some scouting or at least actually *sees* the players he ranks actually play.

Old
12-02-2003, 04:40 AM
BubbaBoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruwinz20
Bubba, the HF prospect rankings must be taken with a grain of salt. I think many of the people who run the prospects pages are nothing more than fans. You shoulda got a load of the last guy to run the Bruins page.....he didnt have a clue. Frankly I think it is more the case of guys being self proclaimed experts or more likely just overzealous fans.....rare occasion you will find a guy who has done some scouting or at least actually *sees* the players he ranks actually play.
While I understand it can possibley be subjective, (when I saw Bergeron at this year's camp, he was always seemed to be in the mix....playing positionally well on the ice, but he really didn't do anything that stood out so I really didn't think much at the time), and numerous observations should be used for proper evaluation. many of the stats and evaluations/ratings date back to the 01-02 season fercrissakes.

You know, if HF paid me I'd be happy to do it...

Old
12-02-2003, 04:48 AM
Gee Wally
Retired

vCash: 50
Awards:
although I don't have any big issues with critiqueing HF format or making suggestions for improvement.... if people want them read by "management" and answered..

then they should be posted here :

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=68

on the Service and Feedback Board.

BOSTON STRONG !!!
Old
12-02-2003, 06:23 AM
HockeyGoddess

Regarding the organization's rankings of the prospects, we're working on it. I solicited folks who participate here on the B's board to submit their top 30 prospects to me by December 8th. From that list, based on what folks here have submitted, and my own top 30 list, as well as the top 30 lists of the other Bruins writers (I'm trying to get them more active, or at least communicating amongst us, but it's like pulling teeth at the moment). Sometime after December 8th (likely within a week, depending on available time), the updated B's prospects rankings will be put on the Bruins main page.

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
Old
12-02-2003, 11:34 AM
Nightslyr

Send a message via AIM to Nightslyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally
although I don't have any big issues with critiqueing HF format or making suggestions for improvement.... if people want them read by "management" and answered..

then they should be posted here :

http://hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=68

on the Service and Feedback Board.
Sweet, thanks for the link, Wally.

Closed Thread