HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what's the chance of seeing Forsberg in avs jersey next season?

Old
12-31-2006, 07:59 AM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 50
Maybe if he were planning on retiring after this season, he could sign a token contract for the league minimum, so he could retire with the Avs. He's not 35 yet, so he could retire and the Avs would get cap relief. This probably isn't realistic, but it'd be nice from a PR perspective.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 09:26 AM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Maybe if he were planning on retiring after this season, he could sign a token contract for the league minimum, so he could retire with the Avs. He's not 35 yet, so he could retire and the Avs would get cap relief. This probably isn't realistic, but it'd be nice from a PR perspective.
I wouldn't do it if it were a token effort. If he's not capable of playing on the top line as a LW when healthy I wouldn't bring him back. If he was iffy on health but still capable of being effective when playing I would consider it..but only as a winger to compliment Joe and not as a center to displace Paul.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 11:14 AM
Nacho
Special

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
Well, he is just like you, a Forsberg fan. I don't think he follows ANY team specifically.
Actually I was a big Avs fan, followed them right back from the their Quebec days. But as Lacroix made his stupid trades, one after the other, the team started to lose it's soul in a way. Forsberg was the final piece of the puzzle(was never that high on Super Joe), as he was, is my favorite player.

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 11:23 AM
Horsehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SectionX View Post
yeah lets see, it wasn't like he helped to propell hockey in denver for 10 years
don't over-react. yeah thats great and all but we don't need him any more. as someone said before, I don't want him back unless its cheap.

Horsehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Actually I was a big Avs fan, followed them right back from the their Quebec days. But as Lacroix made his stupid trades, one after the other, the team started to lose it's soul in a way. Forsberg was the final piece of the puzzle(was never that high on Super Joe), as he was, is my favorite player.

Well, glad you are gone then. We are Avs fans, not specific player's fan. That, including Peter Forsberg.

Mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 02:13 PM
Commander Enigma

I'd like to have a healthy Forsberg back. The Avs aren't lacking in offense, true, but a guy who could control the puck like Forsberg would definitely help this team. And the Avs aren't very good when they are playing from behind in the 3rd this year, Forsberg would definitely help with that. And yes, for sentimental reasons I'd love to see him retire as an Av. I don't think it would stunt the development of Stastny either, maybe Richardson, who needs to hone his offensive upside more, but Stastny is a gamer.

Of course, I did say "healthy". And that may no longer be an option. I don't know if Forsberg would be willing to sign for cheap on account of his inablility to stay healthy, but if he wasn't I don't think the Avs could afford to expend cap space on him.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 05:37 PM
avnots

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkboy View Post
I'd like to have a healthy Forsberg back. The Avs aren't lacking in offense, true, but a guy who could control the puck like Forsberg would definitely help this team. And the Avs aren't very good when they are playing from behind in the 3rd this year, Forsberg would definitely help with that. And yes, for sentimental reasons I'd love to see him retire as an Av. I don't think it would stunt the development of Stastny either, maybe Richardson, who needs to hone his offensive upside more, but Stastny is a gamer.

Of course, I did say "healthy". And that may no longer be an option. I don't know if Forsberg would be willing to sign for cheap on account of his inablility to stay healthy, but if he wasn't I don't think the Avs could afford to expend cap space on him.

avnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 05:43 PM
avnots

if forberg was a horse he would have been put down. a poll in the paper last week had over 80% wanting to resign him. wake up avs fans it's time to stick a fork in him. he's finished.

avnots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 06:55 PM
Allen Degenerate
Embrace the Hate

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by avnots View Post
if forberg was a horse he would have been put down. a poll in the paper last week had over 80% wanting to resign him. wake up avs fans it's time to stick a fork in him. he's finished.
Most people probably remember Peter Forsberg our superstar that helped carry us to a Cup. Keeping in mind that most people don't follow hockey nearly as much as people on these boards, that's what's most memorable about him. People want winners, and Forsberg would certainly get us closer to that, if only with his physical play and inability to not compete every game.

Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 08:12 PM
Commander Enigma

Quote:
It's not like you have a unique POV here. Most people think Forsberg is done. If he doesn't retire, he'll only sign a one year deal somewhere and it won't be for the kind of money that a player of his skills and reputation would normally get. And teams shouldn't offer him that kind of money, because the chances of him being worth it (entirely due to his health issues) don't look good. At the same time, if he were willing to sign with the Avs for fairly cheap, I don't see much downside in bringing him back.

Commander Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 09:09 PM
SChan*

Quote:
6p in 2 games now. He sure is finished.

Last edited by SChan*: 12-31-2006 at 09:34 PM.
SChan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 06:25 AM
Horsehouse

Quote:
6p in 2 games now. He sure is finished.
ZOMG! points when he's not injured. ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!

Old
01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse house View Post
what

Old
01-01-2007, 10:09 AM
chiavsfan

That chances are slim to none, unless it's a sign and retire thing. Forsberg CAN put up points when healthy, but he's hardly ever healthy. I would rather have guys with proven track record of putting up points AND playing 78-82 games a year. Not 30 games and hope for the best. No thanks

chiavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 10:29 AM
Trebek
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
what
Try to keep up.

Trebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 12:37 PM
SChan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor No View Post
Try to keep up.
The hate for Forsberg here is pretty strong. Sad.

Old
01-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
You can't be serious..

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
It was not the "hate".

Majority of us appreciate what Forsberg brought us and we still be a fan of his. We want him to do well. But we are not going to worship him, unlike you do.

Fact is, despite the low balling offer, he did leave us.

Old
01-01-2007, 12:56 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 1640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mules View Post
It was not the "hate".

Majority of us appreciate what Forsberg brought us and we still be a fan of his. We want him to do well. But we are not going to worship him, unlike you do.

Fact is, despite the low balling offer, he did leave us.
And we have young, talented forwrds that would have to give up their spot for Foppa.

On top of all that, this organization is not known for their forgiveness when a player -- real or imagined -- slights management.

Bubba Thudd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 2800
Quote:
I'm not seeing much hate. Most of the people posting recognize Foppa as one of the best players in the game when healthy. And that's just it. The man is broken. If he does decide to stick around in the NHL no team will spend a lot to have him. The chances of him making it through a complete season are about zero. Personally, I hope he plays another 3 years and manages to avoid any major injuries, but that's not gonna happen.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 05:00 PM
Trebek
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Replace "hate" with "logical reasoning skills", replace "Forsberg" with "Section X", and replace "strong" with "weak", and you've pretty much figured it out.

Trebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Mules
Ouch!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor No View Post
Replace "hate" with "logical reasoning skills", replace "Forsberg" with "Section X", and replace "strong" with "weak", and you've pretty much figured it out.
LOL..and the translation is:

Old
01-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Horsehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse house View Post
I apologize if any others were confused by this post but not to SectionX since he obviously thinks that I hate Forsberg

Old
01-02-2007, 05:41 AM
jfc64

Is there a possibility to buy out Theodore from his last year?

Last edited by jfc64: 01-02-2007 at 05:44 AM. Reason: corr
jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 07:19 AM
Jori

Send a message via Yahoo to Jori
Yes it's possible. The Avs would take a cap hit of 1.3 and 2.0 million in 07/08 and 08/09 respectively. Will they buy him out? I'm not convinced. This team is too proud to admit a mistake. If Lacroix wasn't still around, I think it would be more likely to happen.