HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

If you had to pick one to go, Rens or Slats?

Old
12-30-2006, 02:30 PM
Captain11

vCash: 500
Sather is a great GM, but was forced by Dolan to 'win now.' He now has the salary cap which puts him in a position like he had in EDM, which he succeeded in.

When you start to curse at Sather, look at the job he has accomplished from the `05 draft on. The prospects that he has gained which has strenghtened our pool as an organization is quite remarkable. He took Sauer and Cliche in round 2, when, without their injuries, would have been in the 1st. He also brought Tommy Pyatt to our team, and that looks to be a steal and a half. This all without mentioning his move to acquire Staal. Look at the deal he made for Jagr.

Sather has made a number of moves which has SUBSTANTIALLY made our team better.

Like I've said in threads before, I give him 2-3 more years to see what he has brought us. Then we can burn him all you want.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Plato

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Both
none

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 04:35 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Sather, as the old saying goes, the fish rots from the head.

And "Captain11" what about the fact that Sather came in proclaiming to every journalist in sight that he had complete control over the team? He said he wouldn't have signed with the organization without it. Plus, James Dolan doesn't know hockey: he didn't demand Sather sign Malakhov or Cigar or Karpa or etc, etc, etc. Dolan never heard of those players. Dolan didn't demand that Sather hire the coaches he did.

Finally, as Fletch said, if I were King, Sather wouldn't have made it to the 2004 draft, I would have thrown him out on his ear after he fired Trottier and then couldn't even get behind the bench and motivate the players he had chosen for the team to make a solid run for the playoffs. But, then again, I would have never hired him in the first place.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 04:51 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Sather, as the old saying goes, the fish rots from the head.

And "Captain11" what about the fact that Sather came in proclaiming to every journalist in sight that he had complete control over the team? He said he wouldn't have signed with the organization without it. Plus, James Dolan doesn't know hockey: he didn't demand Sather sign Malakhov or Cigar or Karpa or etc, etc, etc. Dolan never heard of those players. Dolan didn't demand that Sather hire the coaches he did.

Finally, as Fletch said, if I were King, Sather wouldn't have made it to the 2004 draft, I would have thrown him out on his ear after he fired Trottier and then couldn't even get behind the bench and motivate the players he had chosen for the team to make a solid run for the playoffs. But, then again, I would have never hired him in the first place.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
That avatar is so amateur its hilarious... I cant stop laughing when I see it... hahahah

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 12:45 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Make it Sather. Renney tonight proved to me that he knows what he's doing

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 12:50 AM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Make it Sather. Renney tonight proved to me that he knows what he's doing
Was it Renney?? Nobody knows (though i dobut it because he lost 7 in a row)...it was the players and vets who won the game...not Renney.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 12:52 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Was it Renney?? Nobody knows (though i dobut it because he lost 7 in a row)...it was the players and vets who won the game...not Renney.
Well in his post game comments he stated that his team MUST be physically engaged ALWAYS not OCCASIONALLY. He said he doesn't necessarily mean fighting...but just being physical involved. That to me...shows me that he knows a little something. The way he handles his lineup on the other hand....ehhh

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 01:38 AM
Captain11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
This is going to be insane if we blame renney for the loses and congratulate the players for the wins.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 03:14 AM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Love the avatar.

Primitive yet profoud.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 07:31 PM
shoothepuck
NY Raiders AMNRL

Renney needs to go. He has shown with two teams already that he is not a good coach at the NHL level

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Prucha25Graves988*

I dont even think there is any competition to this question, Sather must go !!!!!!!!

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote