HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

A bright spot...

Old
12-31-2006, 03:25 AM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
Haha, I wonder how much of this is just because we're New Yorkers... we just don't trust a ******* thing and question everything. That's good though - that way you're never disappointed.

I get very down on our young players sometimes, but let's have some faith in Maloney and just stay patient; it's all we can do, right?

I mean, there are some cases where the dismal attitude is merited (i.e., Jessiman), but let's just wait and see with Korpikoski, Dubinsky, Staal, Sauer, Baranka, Anisimov, Kveton, etc... that's some real talent there.
The pessimism and cynical nature of many Ranger fans is a characteristic that is often disappointing...but never surprising. Thanks for trying to add some levity to yet another winter of discontent for Ranger faithful.

sjb, thanks for the scouting report. I think your spot on for the most part. I'd say we have at least a bakers dozen or so prospects with at least a very good chance to play in the NHL. Maybe half that number have a good shot at being solid core players for the Rangers in 3-5 years.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 08:40 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
The pessimism and cynical nature of many Ranger fans is a characteristic that is often disappointing...but never surprising.
One Cup in 66 years will tend to do that. So too will one playoff appearance in a decade. As will the lack of non-veteran players that one would think would be associated with such mediocrity.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 08:51 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I checked out the "Studs and Duds" thread on the WJC board...Staal is get praised as being a monster, just a total shut down D-man.Cliche has gotten props as a very good PKer, with good speed and skating ability. And, Anisimov drew props from the Russian observers.
Staal is a stud.I have seen all of the Team Canada games-the US game on CI and the rest on the rds.ca webcast.Staal is a huge eraser.His skating ability on the bigger ice is excellent.I was watching the Habs-Caps on TSN.Pierre McGuire and Gord Miller had a re-cap of the US-Canada game during one of the intermissions.They were remarking on how many NHL execs/scouts marveled at Canada's defense-Staal,Parent,Bourdon,Letang.They felt all of the them belonged in the NHL right now

If the Rangers bring up Ivan Baranka soon and play him like they did with Fedor Tyutin in 2003-04,the Rangers could have 1/2 of their defense made up of Tyutin,Baranka and Staal

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote