Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What has gotten into Kipper?

Old
12-30-2006, 11:13 AM
Future_KLM_Pilot*

vCash: 500
What has gotten into Kipper?

I haven't been able to catch many Flames games/highlights this past week - just got a new full-time job - but from what I've heard (and seen) he's not been at the top of his game as of late. The gaffe that led to SJ's third goal last Saturday, the Matt Cooke goal on Wednesday, and the first LA goal from last night come to mind.

Is it a case of mental/physical fatigue from playing in too many games? Is it a confidence issue? Or perhaps, more importantly, could it be an injury that he's trying to play through?

Whatever the case, I've not been too pleased with Kipper's play as of late.

Future_KLM_Pilot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 11:46 AM
abracanada

Well, he hasnt either. He left the ice last night, looking pretty pissed off. The team is transitioning over to an offensive one and as a consequence, a lot of defensive assignments get missed. That is part of the problem as well. Kipper has made some gaffs (I dont include the first goal last night as one of them) and he doesn't seem to be playing his best. It won't help him in negotiating a new contract that is for sure.

October and December have been his poorest months in the past. Here is hoping he has a strong finish.

I sure wouldn"t go out and trade him for a "real" number one center.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Lunatik*

the defense played poorly in october and he struggled... the defense ihas been ravaged by injuries in december... and he's not playing well... hmmm who woulda thunk it?... a large part of the backend (defense and goaltending included) is communication... when the defensemen are playing with partners they are not used to that communication naturally suffers... having 1 pair screwed up is managable but when all of your pairs arent playing together it screws that up alot... and as for last night... kipper made the right play when he charged after the puck on the first goal... unfortunately the puck ended up on a kings stick... and Dion just isnt as good of a goaltender as kipper... and for the most part last night Kipper look much better in his positioning... but since the team is being more offensive i've been noticing that there has been alot of times the defense has been out of position and not there to help clear the rebounds and many many many times recently the defense has left a forward alone on the open side of the net

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 02:19 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I'm sure Kiprusoff will bounce back, like he always does.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote