HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isn't it more fun to watch the Flames this year?

Old
12-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Body Checker

vCash: 500
Isn't it more fun to watch the Flames this year?

I, for one, would rather see a 6-4 Flames win of this year than last year's 3-1 victories.

The Flames were very hard to watch last year and have realized that the line is too thin in the new NHL to try to play a stifling defensive style.

One injury to a 25 minute dman in Hamrlik and the Flames are struggling defensively.

That's why it is beautiful to watch this team right now because they are generating a ton of offensive chances. I'll take the sloppy defensive plays just to see some entertaining hockey.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 05:24 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Body Checker View Post
I, for one, would rather see a 6-4 Flames win of this year than last year's 3-1 victories.

The Flames were very hard to watch last year and have realized that the line is too thin in the new NHL to try to play a stifling defensive style.

One injury to a 25 minute dman in Hamrlik and the Flames are struggling defensively.

That's why it is beautiful to watch this team right now because they are generating a ton of offensive chances. I'll take the sloppy defensive plays just to see some entertaining hockey.
i personally have always enjoyed watching the flames... i love hard hitting games... and the flames usually dont disappoint in that area... i like the fact we are getting chances but i cant handle watching some of the lazy plays that are leading to goals (the short handed goal against the canucks for example)... i would much rather see a 3-1 game than constantly be disappointed by the defensive effort of players

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 06:10 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
I also don't mind watching a low scoring game, as long as the Flames are hitting, and playing their playoff brand of hockey. those styles of games are exciting regardless of the score. But on the other hand I hate watching them when they are not into the game, but that may just be because it usually ends up being a loss
On a side note, do you notice that when play opens up going end to end, we are usually the ones getting scored on?

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2006, 11:11 PM
tysester

There's only one way to respond properly to comments like that:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSHnd2U4c54

tysester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 01:23 AM
Body Checker

Hey num nuts (all of you) - I was talking about last year, not the 03-04 year. Clearly the Flames did not have the same magic last year as the Cup year. They were tough to watch as they had very little creativity. This year is different. I like to watch some good old fashioned defensive battles but not for a whole 82 game schedule. I'd much rather see Lombardi and Huselius dangling in the offensive zone than Donovan and Simon cycling the puck down low.

And news to some of you, the Flames are not the same hard hitting crew they were in 03-04.

Old
12-31-2006, 02:12 AM
abracanada

If they were, they would be in the penalty box for the whole game though.

They are definitely more entertaining. And it promises to only get better. They gotta start playing as a team defensively again.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 08:00 PM
Kreed

Looks like the op just likes a good shootout because if there is one thing that has been noticable in this playfair era its their work ethic (or lack of)

They just aren't as hard skatin and efficient at forchecking pound for pound like in tht magic season

Kreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 08:50 PM
tysester

hey body checker, just to let you know, my comment with the link to Gelinas' goal was in response to a Canuck troll post that was then deleted, making my post look like it was criticizing your comment.

tysester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Body Checker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysester View Post
hey body checker, just to let you know, my comment with the link to Gelinas' goal was in response to a Canuck troll post that was then deleted, making my post look like it was criticizing your comment.
hey thanks for clearing up