HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is the Core of this Team???

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2003, 04:43 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
Who is the Core of this Team???

Hey guys... I just want to see who everybody thinks is the Core of this team???

My core would be:

S. Koivu (C)
M. Hossa (LW/C)
A. Kastsitsyn (LW/RW)
A. Perezhogin (RW/LW)
J. Bulis (LW)
C. Higgins (C/LW)
M. Komisarek (RD)
R. Hainsey (LD)
S. Souray (LD)
A. Markov (LD)
R. Zednik (RW/LW)
J. Theodore (G)
M. Garon (G)
N. Sundstrom (RW/LW)
J. Ward (RW)
M. Ryder (RW/LW)

16 players who I think would/should cost a pretty penny to obtain, as they are useful/beneficial to our future.
I am unsure if I forgot anyone, or if some disagree... add reasonings as to why they should not be included.

Old
12-02-2003, 04:50 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

I don't think you can include a player that never ever put a foot in the NHL yet as the core of the team (well you can but I wouldn't).

Koivu
Zednik
Ribeiro
Ryder
Bulis
Markov
Souray
Komisarek
Theodore

Here's your core for the actual team (mine anyway)

As for prospects...

Higgins
Hossa
Plekanec
Hainsey
Perezhogin
Kastsitsyn

Old
12-02-2003, 04:58 AM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1
Hey guys... I just want to see who everybody thinks is the Core of this team???

My core would be:

S. Koivu (C)
M. Hossa (LW/C)
A. Kastsitsyn (LW/RW)
A. Perezhogin (RW/LW)
J. Bulis (LW)
C. Higgins (C/LW)
M. Komisarek (RD)
R. Hainsey (LD)
S. Souray (LD)
A. Markov (LD)
R. Zednik (RW/LW)
J. Theodore (G)
M. Garon (G)
N. Sundstrom (RW/LW)
J. Ward (RW)
M. Ryder (RW/LW)

16 players who I think would/should cost a pretty penny to obtain, as they are useful/beneficial to our future.
I am unsure if I forgot anyone, or if some disagree... add reasonings as to why they should not be included.
Higgins
Komisarek
Perzohgin
Kasistin
Markov
Souray
Ryder
Ribiero
Theodore
Ryan O’Byrne

this is my core all the rest are tradable build around these 9 players

Last edited by Mike The Wall: 12-02-2003 at 05:09 AM.
Old
12-02-2003, 05:00 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

O'Brien?

Old
12-02-2003, 05:09 AM
Mike The Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
O'Brien?
sorry
Ryan O’Byrne

Old
12-02-2003, 05:24 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
O'Brien?
i guess he likes his size

S. Koivu (C)
M. Hossa (LW/C)
A. Kastsitsyn (LW/RW)
A. Perezhogin (RW/LW)
J. Bulis (LW)
C. Higgins (C/LW)
M. Komisarek (RD)
R. Hainsey (LD)
S. Souray (LD)
A. Markov (LD)
R. Zednik (RW/LW)
J. Theodore (G)
M. Garon (G)
N. Sundstrom (RW/LW)
J. Ward (RW)
M. Ryder (RW/LW)

take out Koivu and Sundstrom and your list is ok. But i still think that Hainsey and Hossa have to leave while they have good trade values, i mean trying to get a big center or something, here is my core

Kastytin-???-Ryder
Perez-Ribs-Zedinck
Bulis-Higgins- Ward
???- Bégin-????
Hossa

Markov-Komi
Souray-O'brien?
* -Hainsey

*: what's the name of the 9th pick in 2002, a russian i think?

Theodore
Garon

I think that Micheal Handzus would fit that first center spot perfectly, Zednick is there by force, his trading bait, same thing with Hossa and Hainsey, these three players( together or not) may bring us a Shane Doan or something close to him. Ireally like that third line, all three are hard working players who are as much offensive as they are defensive, unlike the Dackell-Juneau-Sundstrom line :mad:

We are doing great on D

and my list of players doesant even include Beauchemin, Balej or Pleckanek, so i guess were doing ok, in 3 or 4 years!

Old
12-02-2003, 05:33 AM
Orange

My nucleus is

Koivu
Zednik
Ryder
Bulis
Markov
Komisarek
Sourray
Theodore

The only prospect I wouldn't trade no matter what is Higgins ... He's got captain written all over him. Anybody else is fair game (yeap, even perez and kasts). Even though Zednik Ryder and Bulis are part of my nucleus, I would listen to trade proposals that involve them, but would ask for more than their perceived value. The others, I'm very, very reluctant to trade ...

Old
12-02-2003, 05:58 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
take out Koivu and Sundstrom and your list is ok. But i still think that Hainsey and Hossa have to leave while they have good trade values, i mean trying to get a big center or something, here is my core

Kastytin-???-Ryder
Perez-Ribs-Zedinck
Bulis-Higgins- Ward
???- Bégin-????
Hossa

Markov-Komi
Souray-O'brien?
* -Hainsey

*: what's the name of the 9th pick in 2002, a russian i think?

Theodore
Garon

I think that Micheal Handzus would fit that first center spot perfectly, Zednick is there by force, his trading bait, same thing with Hossa and Hainsey, these three players( together or not) may bring us a Shane Doan or something close to him. Ireally like that third line, all three are hard working players who are as much offensive as they are defensive, unlike the Dackell-Juneau-Sundstrom line :mad:

We are doing great on D

and my list of players doesant even include Beauchemin, Balej or Pleckanek, so i guess were doing ok, in 3 or 4 years!
The russian D name is: Alex Korneev

If Koivu with Hainsey or Hossa can bring us Handzus, this is the team I would like to see:

Kastsityn-Handzus-Ryder
Perez-Ribs-Zednik
Bulis-Higgins- Ward
Kilger -Bégin-Bonneau

maybe can be added somewhere:
Plekanek, Balej, Urquhart, Locke, Dagenais, Ferland

Defense:
Markov-Komi
Souray-O'Byrn
Korneev -Archer/Beauchemin

Old
12-02-2003, 06:59 AM
FisherKing

Hmmmm, this thread poses a very interesting question. In fact, with all the talk on these boards about trades, proposed trades and rumoured trades, I was thinking just a few days ago that this is the one question that no one seems to have considered. Thus we have posters who seem to suggest that this player or that is "untouchable" and shouldn't be traded, or that we shouldn't be trading prospects etc. Frankly, I don't think there's ANY player who can't or shouldn't be traded. The only criteria is whether the trade will make the team better of not. If it makes the team better, you pull the trigger. Mind you, when it comes to some players, if you trade 'em, you better DAMN WELL BE SURE its gonna make the team better.

That said, I'm not sure that I can come up with the names of the "core" of the current version of the Habs. In fact, I'm not sure this team even HAS a "core". So, I'm gonna "drift" a bit from the original question posed, and suggest the players (current and prospects) which I expect to be a part of, or PART of the core of, the next "cup contending" Habs team. In other words, although as I said, anyone can be traded if it makes the team better, these are the last guys I'd trade. With one exception (Kastsitsyn), I've stayed away from junior and college prospects.

Anyway, here's the guys (in no particular order) that I think will (read "hope") form part of the next "cup contending" Habs team:

Higgins
Ryder
Komisarek
Garon
Souray
Hainsey
Ward
Begin
Plekanic
Kastsitsyn
Markov
Balez

The rest are what I would consider "front line" trade material (although to be sure some of them would cost a pretty penny get) to be used to fill in the gaps not filled in from developing junior and college prospects or future draft picks. As you can see from my list, there's a LOT of "gaps" up front that would need to be filled.

That's it.

Old
12-02-2003, 07:16 AM
Wildbeliefs

If I'm really talking about the basic core, then the guys I'd like to consider as being untouchable are:

Koivu
Komisarek
Markov
Souray
Ryder
Theodore
Garon

Although there are a bunch of players I haven't named that I like, I don't think of them as completely untradable in the future. If the price is right...

Note: I didn't bother to mention any of the current AHLers and focused only on the current Habs roster.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Marchy79

Interesting players mentioned as 'core' players guys...

I am now going to go through the team's depth and explain the reason as to why the players are/aren't included...

Centers:

11 S. Koivu: To me as I've stated in many other posts currently around :p ... Koivu sets a very good example of what type of intensity and work ethic should be seen in order to stay in Montreal... (core)

71 M. Ribeiro: Could be core player, however based on previous performances, he will have to continue to impress me in order to make my core line-up.. IMHO, there are other potential impact Centermen in the organization that could unseat him... (on the fence)

94 Y. Perrault: Good player while he was here, received a lot of criticism... perhaps by overexpectations... However, I do nopt see him in future plans esp. after his contract runs out this summer. (gone)

25 C. Kilger: I included him in the center list, as Gainey/Julien were talking about him being third line center in the team's future... He still has youth, and a 2 -year contract to turn his fortunes around in Montreal... I put him in the same boat as Ribeiro... He could finally mature, if not, he'll be looking for a job in another town (I really want him to mature though, as he has what we lack, size up the middle) (on the fence)

90 Joe Juneau: Good first year, bad second... mediocre third, age is hitting his game, as he is losing his effectiveness on the penalty kill. Looks to be Joey's swan song as an NHL'er. (gone)

22 Steve Begin: He has been a bright spot on our fourth line. Bringin a lot of what we lacked much of last year (intensity, and willingness to crash and bang). He's a keeper, as long as he continues to do so. (core)

-- C. Higgins: In the minors, this first rounder is doing great down there by all accounts... Voted by us (at HF Boards Montreal site) to be the next impact rookie... future looks good for young Higgs (core)

46 B. Gratton: Great in the AHL, brings similar spark as Begin (just not as much, but is more offensively gifted) I do not see him in future plans other as spot player (on the fence)

-- C. Larrivee: Playing in the ECHL right now, he has a long way to go... To early to judge anything. (N/A)

-- C. Urquhart: Has been very impressive this year, management (Savard in particular) was very high on him on draft day... and we are figuring out why ... I think he'll be in a future battle for a second line role (I think he is the potential that can possibly unseat Rib's one day as second line center) (N/A)

-- M. LaPierre: Has been mentioned as playing a similar game as John Madden... A goo PK'er (so it has been said at least)... Not a pure goalscorer, but a year out of draft, he already knows that... Future key Cog??? (N/A)

-- C. Locke: He seems like an all or nothing pick... Has tremendous talent in the OHL, however will he be able to bring it to the NHL??? He has a lot of character... So I will not bet against him. (N/A)

-- A. Deveaux: What a difference a year makes He has been a pleasent surprise this year, and should get some looks in terms of a contract this summer, this summer will definately say where he is headed in the not so distant future with our team. (N/A)

-- S. Selig: GONZO!!!!

Wingers to come in a bit

Old
12-02-2003, 12:59 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
If Koivu with Hainsey or Hossa can bring us Handzus, this is the team I would like to see:
What is your obsession with highly overrated, big centreman. Koivu AND Hainsey for Handzus?

----------------

Here is my core :

I base this on chemisty, grit, willingness to play for their teammates, playoff success, speed, talent and youth - not size. Maybe the prospects should not be included, but these are the guys I see as can't miss players within our organization.

C
Koivu - Higgins

W
Zednik - Ryder
Bulis - Kastitstyn

D
Markov - Hainsey
Souray - Komisarek

G
Theodore - Garon

There are other players, such as Brisebois, Begin, and Ward who I consider to be key contributors, but I would not call them core members. At this time next year, guys like Plekanec, Balej, and Perezhogin may be wooing us, too.

Old
12-02-2003, 02:18 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude

If Koivu with Hainsey or Hossa can bring us Handzus,

Thats just grotesque

Old
12-02-2003, 02:32 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbeliefs
If I'm really talking about the basic core, then the guys I'd like to consider as being untouchable are:

Koivu
Komisarek
Markov
Souray
Ryder
Theodore
Garon
This list looks pretty good too me, take out Garon and you`d have my list. Most of the other lists seem too long to be considered the core of the team. 16 players is a roster not our core.

Old
12-02-2003, 03:05 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1131
Your list is ****ing long , we only need 4-5 core players .

Right now :
Brisebois
Zednik
Koivu
Théodore

Hopefully on day :
Higgins
Théodore
Koivu
Komisarek
Zednik
One of the offensive prospect ( Hossa , Perez or Kat )

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 12-03-2003 at 08:08 AM.
Old
12-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Marchy79

Here comes the break down of our Wingers...

Left Wing:

38 J. Bulis: Excellent all-around game, speed, mixed with good offence. Very defensively responsible. Makes him a good gamer and a for sure keeper! (core)

81 M. Hossa: Loads of potential... He also could have a future as a 2nd line center. Has not proven anything on the major stage yet... He is in the core mainly because of the teams lack of players with his talents of versatility, and potential... But also could be had for a good price... (core)

15 D. Langdon: Good enforcer. Best days are behind him and only truly has a few years of effectiveness left. Considered a good locker room guyand should be around for a bit. (gone)

32 G. Dwyer: AHL/ECHL talent enforcer with a noticeable glass jaw. Has potential to turn it around, but I am doubtful (gone)

-- T. Plekanek: Has shown some great skills in the 'A'... Will he bring it to the next level (the NHL) with him??? Has the potential to be core, but for now... He remains unresolved (N/A)

26 S. Blouin: I don't think this guy has any future here. (gone)

-- P. Dagenais: Young journeyman. Could have the potential to turn it around... His limitations leave him on the fence... For now. There is simply not enough games he has played in our organization by him to make a definate call. (on the fence)

-- Jerome Marois: I don't think so... Very long shot to make any future impact. (gone)

-- A. Kastsitsyn: The flat out BEST chance in the organization to be the # 1 forward we are looking for. (core)

-- M. Lambert: He has played excellent this year! I certainly did not expect it after a mediocre camp. Kudos must be given.... The depth chart certainly gets more interesting with him moving up it. (N/A)

-- D. Stewart: Time will ultimately tell if he is a bonafide talent or a re-hash of 1980's leaf, Rob Pearson. (N/A)

-- K. Staal: It is looking less and less bleak if he will ever cross the pond. Plays a game we need (Tomas Holmstrom type). I for one would like to see if his game could work here. (N/A)

-- J. Eneqvist: He I'm afraid is never going to make an impact on this squad... He IMHO is already gone. (gone)

-- J. Bonneau: Long way from the NHL... However, he may be here by the end of Langdon's run as a hab. (N/A).

Old
12-03-2003, 02:58 AM
Marchy79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Your list is ****ing long , we only need 4-5 core players .

Right now :
Brisebois
Koivu
Zednik
Koivu
Théodore

Hopefully on day :
Higgins
Théodore
Koivu
Komisarek
Zednik
One of the offensive prospect ( Hossa , Perez or Kat )

I guess the list is kinda long.. Your core list is good, I guess my idea of core is player who should have some sort of future here.

Old
12-03-2003, 03:13 AM
Marchy79

The right wingers:

Right Wing:

82 D. Audette: Gotta feel bad for him... His age already puts him out of contention, but that injury has made him almost completly ineffective. (gone)

20 R. Zednik: He is a great player for us in our weak times... I feel that eventually HE will be shipped out someday to bring in more talent. However, if he does remain, he's core (core)

73 M. Ryder: He brings a lot of great qualities that he brings... Future is bright for this blue-collar worker, who shows up every night not afraid to get his hands dirty (core)

17 J. Ward: Loads of leadership and grit... The best is yet to come. Question is... Is it in Montreal? I'd like to say yes... But there are question marks. (on the fence)

37 N. Sundstrom: Strong in SJ... Could be a good fit here... maybe not. Like Dag's, time will tell, however... there is more doubt due to his high contract than there is assurance. (on the fence).

24 A. Dackell: Ineffective on the PK... His fate seems to be matched with buddy Juneau. (gone)

-- J. Ferland: Low pick has impressed management, must step up his game to earn role on a big club. Incomplete for now. (N/A)

-- Alex Perezhogin: His impact has not been felt yet on this side of the pond... Loads of talent could be a top liner, for now, he's core, as his potential is too high not to be (based on his 2 way game) (core)

-- J. Balej: Has tonnes of intrigue. Will mainly only make it as a top 2 liner, his speed kills, but though he is playing strong this year, question marks still remain if he'll be a top level talent. (on the fence)

-- D. Milroy: Junior star has yet to make a major impact on Dogs due to lack of playing time. (N/A)

-- A. Buturlin: I for one would like to see him cross the pond again... He has become a better player back in Russia, and is effectively scoring there in the RSL.. (N/A)

-- N. Anger: Same as LW'er K. Staal. (N/A)

Closed Thread