HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Maloney interview on MSG last night

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 01:03 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Maloney interview on MSG last night

Just curious as to what people thought of Maloney's interview on MSG last night. It sounded like the teams hot to make a deal, Maloney saying he & Slats have been trying to find out about certain players, the brass had a meeting with all the Pro scouts the other day, etc.... but of course no names mentioned. What type of player most likely are they looking to aquire? I guess this is just an exercise in seeing where we stand on what the teams needs to improve the current squad.

Old
12-03-2003, 01:09 PM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Just curious as to what people thought of Maloney's interview on MSG last night. It sounded like the teams hot to make a deal, Maloney saying he & Slats have been trying to find out about certain players, the brass had a meeting with all the Pro scouts the other day, etc.... but of course no names mentioned. What type of player most likely are they looking to aquire? I guess this is just an exercise in seeing where we stand on what the teams needs to improve the current squad.
Yeah, I think he mentioned that that the Rangers were interested in more up and down (the ice, not performance like we have in spades) and N-S wingers/players..SOunds great to me ..Replace perimeter pansies like Nedved, Hlavac, Poti, and even Carter with them and all would be right with the world..Now, who those players are and wheter any are available is a horse of a different color..

Old
12-03-2003, 01:29 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Yeah, I think he mentioned that that the Rangers were interested in more up and down (the ice, not performance like we have in spades) and N-S wingers/players..SOunds great to me ..Replace perimeter pansies like Nedved, Hlavac, Poti, and even Carter with them and all would be right with the world..Now, who those players are and wheter any are available is a horse of a different color..
Two names to throw at ya - Scott Walker of Nashville, Ethan Moreau of Edmonton. Discuss....

Old
12-03-2003, 01:59 PM
NYR469

he didn't say they are doing anything that every team isn't doing...they are keeping the lines of communication open with other teams and always looking for a way to make the team better, he could have simply said 'we are doing the best we can' and it would mean the same

Old
12-03-2003, 06:56 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
he didn't say they are doing anything that every team isn't doing...they are keeping the lines of communication open with other teams and always looking for a way to make the team better, he could have simply said 'we are doing the best we can' and it would mean the same
Nah, something's up, i bet we see a trade soon.

Old
12-03-2003, 07:28 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
Nah, something's up, i bet we see a trade soon.
I hope so.... hopefully we can slip Hlavac in a deal. I know he has almost no value but if we could make him part of an outgoing package I would be very happy. I always liked Nedved but at this point I've seen enough "pretty" hockey. Look at last years finalists. Devils and Ducks. How many finesse players were in the cup and the ones that were didn't make much of an impact (Kariya, Chistov). Not to say they can't... I'll take Elias any day but teams win with hard working players that go into corners and get pucks.

Edmonton needs a center and Nedved would be off the payroll after this year... he'd probably fit better in the west anyway. Maybe EDM could re-unite the Czech line getting Nedved and Hlavac to join Dvorak. Just throwin somethin out.... Poti, Carter, Hlavac, and to a much lesser extent Nedved would all be available in my book.

Old
12-03-2003, 08:59 PM
DLaCouture39

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
On defense the only 2 defensemen I would mind trading are Mironov and Bouchard, the rest I don't care that much.

No way. Id take Bouchard and Mironov over Poti any day of the week. I think the Rangers should try to get either Scott Walker from Preds, Scott Thornton from Sharks, Andres Dackell from Habs, or Ian Lappierre from the Kings.

Old
12-04-2003, 03:31 AM
Laches

According to this article, the Oilers could be looking to shake things up:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...ame=nhl-oilers

There's certainly trading history between Sather and his old team, so it wouldn't be surprising to see him go there again.

McKenzie is speculating on shakeups in Ottawa and on the Island:

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie.asp

We're getting to the point in the season now where I think we'll starting seeing moves made: players traded, coaches fired, etc. Teams will probably want to get certain things done before the holiday trade freeze.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:51 PM
LeServ

Peca to Toronto? I can just see it: Peca and Tucker as roommates on the road.

Old
12-04-2003, 08:46 PM
Dorthmall

Send a message via AIM to Dorthmall
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaCouture39
No way. Id take Bouchard and Mironov over Poti any day of the week. I think the Rangers should try to get either Scott Walker from Preds, Scott Thornton from Sharks, Andres Dackell from Habs, or Ian Lappierre from the Kings.

I would love to see Malakhov get traded, just so Bouchard can play. Oh yeah, and out of those players you listed, the only one I have mild interest in is Laperriere.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:12 AM
barnaby63

jason arnott from dallas and scott walker from nashville.

walker-lindros-lundmark
rucinsky-holik-kovalev
simon-arnott-barnaby
ortmeyer-messier-lacouture

arnott brings multiple choices to the lineup, you can even put him with lindros.

Old
12-05-2003, 08:14 AM
barnaby63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorthmall
I would love to see Malakhov get traded, just so Bouchard can play. Oh yeah, and out of those players you listed, the only one I have mild interest in is Laperriere.
how stupid is that? so you trade a guy that is part of our strongest defensive pairings all year just for you can let another player play?

and how about poti for brad stuart.

Old
12-05-2003, 10:18 AM
Leetchie

Send a message via AIM to Leetchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnaby63
how stupid is that? so you trade a guy that is part of our strongest defensive pairings all year just for you can let another player play?

and how about poti for brad stuart.

If I'm San Jose, my reaction to that would be...

Old
12-05-2003, 10:55 AM
Dorthmall

Send a message via AIM to Dorthmall
Quote:
Originally Posted by shapa999
Dorthmall do you read George R.R. Martin? "Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken" those are the words of House Martell.
Yep, thats where I got it from. I love A Song of Ice and Fire.

Old
12-05-2003, 12:52 PM
LondonFan

No way the Kings would trade Lappy. He's a leader and a fan favourite.

Closed Thread