HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Ryan Parent

Old
12-31-2006, 03:40 PM
Kanadian

vCash: 500
Ryan Parent

I hear he has been traded to Bellville. Thanx for the great hockey Ryan you will be missed in Guelph.

Kanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 04:11 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadian View Post
I hear he has been traded to Bellville. Thanx for the great hockey Ryan you will be missed in Guelph.
Wow, if true that is quite a pickup for the Bulls.

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Haven't seen any confirmation yet, but it would be nice to see Parent move to a first-place team to finish the season. A deep trip into the Memorial Cup playoffs would definitely help his development more than finishing out the season in Guelph and playing with the Milwaukee Admirals as they finish their AHL season.

I love our crop of defensive prospects here in Nashville. I believe Parent to be a key piece of our future with his defensive defenseman attitude and great character. I think he has a very bright future ahead of himself.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 05:03 PM
Default101

hard to believe Guelph would trade him but it would make sense for him to go to a team like Belleville.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 05:19 PM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanadian View Post

Heard this from where Kanadian ? And during the WJC seems a bit strange but the destination is even more strange.

Belleville are not a power house scoring machine about to run over Barrie or even Missy so this looks very far fetched.

The Bulls would need a serious injection of scoring talent up front and Arron Snow is not it.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 06:46 PM
ringetterox15

there was talk about trading him...but is it really final? this is kinda upsetting, he was truely a great all around guy, he's gonna be missed by all guelph fans!!!

ringetterox15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 09:57 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Dave Barr said he would finish his career in Guelph. I won't believe it until I see it.

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 10:58 AM
stormfan#20#33

i can see barr trading him but who wil guelph get in return!!!!

stormfan#20#33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 11:38 AM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

i dont think Guelph would deal him......nor do I think Belleville would pay the price for him, the Bulls have a lot of returning players next year and yes they are in first place in their divison but have you seen their record and who else is in their divison? I don't consider the Bulls legitimate threats. The only way I see this deal going down is if the Bulls ship some draft picks and "futures" which would probably be a roster player in the offseason

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 12:58 PM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly Jimmy Snuka View Post
i dont think Guelph would deal him......nor do I think Belleville would pay the price for him, the Bulls have a lot of returning players next year and yes they are in first place in their divison but have you seen their record and who else is in their divison? I don't consider the Bulls legitimate threats. The only way I see this deal going down is if the Bulls ship some draft picks and "futures" which would probably be a roster player in the offseason

It would take at least a Brian Cammeron to pry this deal loose and why would they mess up next seasons returning roster for a rental.

Belleville already shipped 4 draft picks to London for Matt Pelech so it has to be roster players. Ryan Parent will not be dealt for 5th and 6th rnd pics neither.

Maybe this deal involves a third team like London, could very well be. Sending a 88 to the Knight's might get George his pics back or London just gives them to Guelph.

I can't see a futures deal with pics it would leave Burnett little room for error next season. That is there real run at it with their good current young roster.

Old
01-01-2007, 03:41 PM
ringetterox15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Dave Barr said he would finish his career in Guelph. I won't believe it until I see it.
I don't think Barr said this, they've spoke to ryan about the trade, it hasn't been finallized, i don't think it'd be with belleville because the point of trading him is so that he can be on a winning team, I also do not understand why this is his last season...he was born in 87, he still has a year left

Old
01-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringetterox15 View Post
I don't think Barr said this, they've spoke to ryan about the trade, it hasn't been finallized, i don't think it'd be with belleville because the point of trading him is so that he can be on a winning team, I also do not understand why this is his last season...he was born in 87, he still has a year left
He was quoted in the paper, so think again.

It's his last year because he's too good to return for an OA year.

Old
01-01-2007, 04:59 PM
ringetterox15

so if need be he can return...correct?

Old
01-01-2007, 05:23 PM
MrsSubbanator

I am from Belleville and well this is the rumour that has been on the radio: that Guelph will recieve Matt Belesky and a first round draft pick. Belesky was out of the Bulls line-up today with an oblique "injury". Some think that he needs a change of scenery, as the potential is there he is just in a rut in Belleville.

MrsSubbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
so if need be he can return...correct?
It depends on what Nashville wants to do with him. It's just fairly common for players that dominate the OHL to move on to the AHL/NHL instead of returning to the OHL for a final over-age year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellevegasmel View Post
I am from Belleville and well this is the rumour that has been on the radio: that Guelph will recieve Matt Belesky and a first round draft pick. Belesky was out of the Bulls line-up today with an oblique "injury". Some think that he needs a change of scenery, as the potential is there he is just in a rut in Belleville.
First-round picks can't be traded in the OHL.

Old
01-02-2007, 02:12 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

The Bulls certainly dont need help on the back end, scoring is what this team needs an upgrade in

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 09:28 AM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellevegasmel View Post

ON another forum there is a quote from George Burnett on the chances of Belesky being traded. 0 %

Back to my Brian Cammeron sugestion, don't know of anything else Guelph would want.

Belleville radio should get some more inside info cause the Belesky trade has fallen off the rails.

Old
01-02-2007, 11:54 AM
ringetterox15

its gonna suck if nashville brings him up...he has been so good to guelph...not only would he leave but also would mike mclean, tyler doig, and ryan pottruff all main players to guelphs somewhat success

Old
01-02-2007, 12:46 PM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
its gonna suck if nashville brings him up...he has been so good to guelph...not only would he leave but also would mike mclean, tyler doig, and ryan pottruff all main players to guelphs somewhat success
Translation please?

Nashville can't bring Parent up until his OHL season is complete. And there is little or no chance he'll be sent back to the OHL for his overage year.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Bulls guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post

The Bulls would need a serious injection of scoring talent up front and Arron Snow is not it.
Ain't that the truth.
Everytime he misses the net he always looks at his stick to see what happened. Hate to tell ya Snow it is not the sticks fault.

In regards to the trade why would Parent want to come to Belleville? I am sure he probably has a no trade clause and may want to finish his career in Guelph.
As a player if your OHL career is most likely finishing, why would you not want to stay with the team that has treated well over your career? Belleville has a pretty good team but if he gets to choose his destination my guess is it will be a team in the West.

The Bulls are very deep on the back end they need another scoring centre before a defenceman IMO.

Bulls guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 07:02 PM
leafmon

The only teams willing to pay the price for a guy like Parent should be one with a chance to go all the way and that does not include The Bulls.

leafmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 09:19 PM
ringetterox15

sorry when i said "bring him up" i meant next year, and the only team that has any players they would trade for parent might be oshawa or london

Old
01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
stormfan#20#33

i heard just know on another board that doig's name is in a trade 2!!!

stormfan#20#33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 12:12 PM
ringetterox15

go to the OHL website... www.ontariohockeyleague.com then go to media notes and it tells you all the transactions, as will www.guelphstorm.com then the rumors will stop when you find out everyone here is lying!!!

Old
01-03-2007, 05:38 PM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfan#20#33 View Post
i heard just know on another board that doig's name is in a trade 2!!!
You might just hear almost anything this time of year it's " The Silly Season " minor league edition. Pale in comparison to the NHL trade deadline but still prett wacked out.

In grocery store yesterday running into Western Team scout, ( not London ) and some interesting offers were made to London for Gagner. He also realized that some players are untouchable Sam is one of those.

But if he was 19 playing his last year he would be traded if London were not going anywhere. Ryan Parent will be traded Barr is not stupid, they need talent and no quicker way to get it then January 10th annual auction.

Look for a deal by Saturday or Sunday when the gold medals are given out to a winner.