HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

shishkanov: 15pts in 19 games

Closed Thread

Old
12-01-2003, 07:44 PM
John Druce
Flynt Flossy

vCash: 500
shishkanov: 15pts in 19 games

i've only had the 'luxury' of following timofei's ahl development by reading stats and the occassional article. after a mediocre start, he really seems to have found his touch in north america. 15 pts in 19 games for a rookie is rather impressive. but the +3 (+/-) is what should be noted. if this kid is as reliable defensively as offensively, the preds have something special developing here.

wondering if any preds fans caught a glimpse at try-outs earlier this year? first impressions or initial reactions?

apologies if the shishkanov threads are getting redundant...

Old
12-01-2003, 08:24 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota Norse Star
i've only had the 'luxury' of following timofei's ahl development by reading stats and the occassional article. after a mediocre start, he really seems to have found his touch in north america. 15 pts in 19 games for a rookie is rather impressive. but the +3 (+/-) is what should be noted. if this kid is as reliable defensively as offensively, the preds have something special developing here.

wondering if any preds fans caught a glimpse at try-outs earlier this year? first impressions or initial reactions?

apologies if the shishkanov threads are getting redundant...
His numbers are even more impressive when you consider that during his first 6 games, he only had 1 point. If he keeps it up, he'll challenge Wellwood and Roy (and a few others) for rookie of the year. He's definitely been outplaying them for the past month.

Old
12-02-2003, 04:24 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
His numbers are even more impressive when you consider that during his first 6 games, he only had 1 point. If he keeps it up, he'll challenge Wellwood and Roy (and a few others) for rookie of the year. He's definitely been outplaying them for the past month.
If I remember correctly, he started slowly in the Q also last year before turning red hot. Guess he needs a few games to adjust to the level of play. Who wouldn't?

Old
12-02-2003, 06:33 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnrocketman
If I remember correctly, he started slowly in the Q also last year before turning red hot. Guess he needs a few games to adjust to the level of play. Who wouldn't?
Don't recall if he started slowly for Quebec, but you have to expect some sort of slow start. He's on a brand new team, playing against professionals, in an environment he's really never seen before. His role on the team was probably limited to start out (He had a similar situation in Quebec, I would imagine). Now that his role has expanded, he's arguably the hottest rookie in the AHL and one of the hottest players period.

We all saw how out of place he looked in preseason. Maybe he is turning the corner. I couldn't be happier with his progression.

Old
12-02-2003, 06:50 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

He also missed most of camp with an injury.

Old
12-02-2003, 07:21 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

That's right, a dirty knee-on-knee in the Q pre-season. I had forgotten that.

Closed Thread