HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nichol vs. Brashear Suspensions

Old
12-31-2006, 09:11 PM
mmneely932

vCash: 500
Nichol vs. Brashear Suspensions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MceB6VBpfPI

Hopefully the above is a link to the Shanahan/Brashear fight and the sucker punch Brashear threw at Aaron Ward in New York.

Brashear got ONE GAME, yes folks that's right ONE GAME for two hits to the face of Ward who just happened to be standing on the ice while Brashear was being shown the to the dressing roo,. Ward was not involved in the fight, nor had there been any confrontation between he and Brashear.

Now, Nichol get NINE GAMES for a one shot punch after he'd been corkscrewed into the net.

The NHL needs to not be quite so obvious in their favoritism, this is just blatant. While I admire Nichol for accepting his punishment like he did I do think in light of what has happened since someone from the Nashville organization should throw a good old fashioned hissy fit.

mmneely932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 09:25 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmneely932 View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MceB6VBpfPI

Hopefully the above is a link to the Shanahan/Brashear fight and the sucker punch Brashear threw at Aaron Ward in New York.

Brashear got ONE GAME, yes folks that's right ONE GAME for two hits to the face of Ward who just happened to be standing on the ice while Brashear was being shown the to the dressing roo,. Ward was not involved in the fight, nor had there been any confrontation between he and Brashear.

Now, Nichol get NINE GAMES for a one shot punch after he'd been corkscrewed into the net.

The NHL needs to not be quite so obvious in their favoritism, this is just blatant. While I admire Nichol for accepting his punishment like he did I do think in light of what has happened since someone from the Nashville organization should throw a good old fashioned hissy fit.
First time I saw the video, but that is total and complete....can't finish my thoughts otherwise I'd be banned.

What a joke, Brashear gets one game...one game and Nichol gets 9??? I mean both Nichol and Brashear are on the same level of skill...who the hell are they kidding???

Orr gets five games for using his stick later in the game on Ovechkin, but again...Nichol who used his fist like everyone in hockey has been trained to do to settle a score gets nine games???

Daniel Briere of the Sabres earlier this week spears Ovechkin in retaliation for Ovechkin boarding Briere earlier this season...what does Briere get??? NOTHING!!!

Again, Nichol used his fists, like every hockey player is taught to do...fighting is the way to settle your scores in this game...and Nichol gets 9 games???

Is it too late to appeal his suspension? What a freaking joke!!!

What Nichol did was wrong and he deserves to be punished, but...come on...nine games for Nichol and then the next "sucker punch" incident, which was far more premediatated/thought out than Nichol's reaction to being corkscrewed into the net, gets 1 freaking game!!!

Colin Campbell you are a jerk...that's all I have to say about it...plain and simple...you are a jerk.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2006, 09:29 PM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Don't forget that Brashear has already had a 3 game suspension earlier in the year for a brawl in an Atlanta game.

*Free Scott Nichol* ...lol

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Don't forget that Brashear has already had a 3 game suspension earlier in the year for a brawl in an Atlanta game.

*Free Scott Nichol* ...lol
Atlanta is as dirty as a team as it comes ... any suspension stemming from an outing with that team should be excused imho

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Cherepanov 71

A sucker punch is a sucker punch, whether the guy is looking or not.

Nichols should have gotten less games,or Brashear more. Personally I think Brashear should have gotten close to but less than nichols.

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 12:20 AM
PredDave

Maybe Colin Campbell was afraid he would appear to be a racist if he gave Brashear more games? The NHL disciplinarians are a bunch of freakin' tools!!!!

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 12:36 AM
scott3428

Is everyone forgetting the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that Ward received at the time? I was pretty surprised that Brashear only got one game because of his past offenses and reputation.

Either way, the suspension given to Nichol is too long. You don't drive someone into the post and not expect any sort of retaliation.

Last edited by scott3428: 01-01-2007 at 12:43 AM.
scott3428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 01:00 AM
Cherepanov 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott3428 View Post
Is everyone forgetting the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that Ward received at the time? I was pretty surprised that Brashear only got one game because of his past offenses and reputation.

Either way, the suspension given to Nichol is too long. You don't drive someone into the post and not expect any sort of retaliation.
If your saying an eye for an eye, than Orr doesnt deserve 5 games. I honestly think nichols deserved it, but I also think brashear and Orr should have gotten similar suspensions.

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 01:29 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

The NHL is officiated by a bunch of panzies that are afraid to do anything. Its infuriating, but its not going to change until Campbell is fired.

01-01-2007, 06:00 AM
PeterAngelo
Adopt-a-stray today!

sort of off topic considering i haven't seen brashear's incident....

If Spacek took out my skates and drove me through the net i would have gotten up and clocked him too. Not saying Nichol didnt deserve a suspension just that i don't blame him at all for that reaction.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
Gotta wonder what Ward said to him. Still, that sucker punch was BS, and only a one game suspension for it is BS, too.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:56 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
The NHL is officiated by a bunch of panzies that are afraid to do anything. Its infuriating, but its not going to change until Campbell is fired.
How could you possibly expect competency amongst on-ice officials when the off-ice officials have proven to be so incompetent.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
How could you possibly expect competency amongst on-ice officials when the off-ice officials have proven to be so incompetent.
My point exactly. My comments were all encompassing, not just directed to the in-game officials.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 11:31 AM
AdsSabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
sort of off topic considering i haven't seen brashear's incident....

If Spacek took out my skates and drove me through the net i would have gotten up and clocked him too. Not saying Nichol didnt deserve a suspension just that i don't blame him at all for that reaction.
Well, I would hope that you would not 'clock him' in the side of the head when he didn't see it coming. Grab the sweater, something, to let the guy know you want to drop...

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 11:36 AM
AdsSabresRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause View Post
Yes, there is so called 'favoritism', and an eye on who is marketable, and who is not, and the length of suspensions. I do think that OV getting as little time as he did for his hit on Briere was not the greatest, and Briere should have definately got time for spearing OV...Nichol was upset at Spacek, and when you think someone tried to hurt you, then your instant reaction is not always the smartest. I thought 9games was harsh, but you guys are right. If the league is about sending messages, it should be more equitable at some level...Brash is a known commodity. That is the game you get with him. Period. Ward jawed at hime and said something that obviously the refs and the league weighed against Brash's actions. But, I think that he should have gotten more as you really should not be throwing fists after the officials step in. It gets dangerous for them. Most guys don't continue throwing after the linesmen break it up, and if they do, they should get some kind of punishment as well...I watched both the ATL and NYR games with the Caps. They both got ugly, and I think that that is something not so much needed by the league right now, IMO.

AdsSabresRule is offline   Reply With Quote