HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hawks and Senators talking?

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2003, 04:02 PM
Teemu

vCash: 500
Hawks and Senators talking? (Speculation)

Now, before I start this, let me say that I am just an intermidiary. This trade will rub some the wrong way, so don't shoot the messenger

"Ottawa General Manager John Muckler reportedly has offered goalie Patrick Lalime and center Radek Bonk to the Blackhawks for goalie Jocelyn Thibault and a draft choice.

Apparantly the Hawks don't want to make this trade, as they have no use for Bonk. The Hawks would only want Bonk if they can turn around and quickly deal him for a defenseman. "

Old
12-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu08
Now, before I start this, let me say that I am just an intermidiary. This trade will rub some the wrong way, so don't shoot the messenger

"Ottawa General Manager John Muckler reportedly has offered goalie Patrick Lalime and center Radek Bonk to the Blackhawks for goalie Jocelyn Thibault and a draft choice.

Apparantly the Hawks don't want to make this trade, as they have no use for Bonk. The Hawks would only want Bonk if they can turn around and quickly deal him for a defenseman. "

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

ok bud

Old
12-04-2003, 04:09 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:

Let me get this right. They trade a better goalie plus a 2nd line center to get a goalie.

Ok

Old
12-04-2003, 04:10 PM
Dr Love

Sure makes sense. Thibault is out with an injury.

Old
12-04-2003, 04:12 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Now, before I start this, let me say that I am just an intermidiary.
To Whom? Good Joke.

Old
12-04-2003, 04:27 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:

Then whose "message" is it anyway? This really does sound like fantasy thinking on the part of some Hawks fan. Definitely bogus.

Old
12-04-2003, 04:42 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Then whose "message" is it anyway? This really does sound like fantasy thinking on the part of some Hawks fan. Definitely bogus.

Thr kid in Ottawa just won his 3rd in a row, which makes this even more doubtful

Old
12-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Alfie#11

Quote:

Don't take this as a big bash but why would you even post this?

This is so far from the realm of possibility...

Old
12-04-2003, 05:01 PM
officeglen

Quote:
...This "trade" will rub some the wrong way, so don't shoot the messenger.
Okay then, who do we shoot? If you can't provide a source, then we'll shoot you just for the fun of it.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:06 PM
TheCrazyGoalie

HAAAAAAAAA,HAAAAAAAAAAAAA, Stop it please, your killing me...HAAAAAAAA

Old
12-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Murphy*

Going postal on the messenger seems appropriate in this situation.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:23 PM
Blackhawkpride

Quote:

This was posted at blackhawkzone.com by the creator of the site. He was just passing it along for us to talk about. See for yourself. http://www.blackhawkzone.com/forum/y...threadid=10898

Old
12-04-2003, 05:24 PM
Winston Wolf

This trade is definitely possible where Teemu08 is from. (just look under his avatar!)

Old
12-04-2003, 05:26 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkpride
This was posted at blackhawkzone.com by the creator of the site. He was just passing it along for us to talk about. See for yourself. http://www.blackhawkzone.com/forum/y...threadid=10898
Well now that we know the source we can continue to say that it's a ridiculous proposal.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:27 PM
officeglen

Quote:
I see. Maybe the "creator of the site" should use some discretion on posting emails received before his site becomes a joke.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:31 PM
Blackhawkpride

Quote:
Originally Posted by officeglen
I see. Maybe the "creator of the site" should use some discretion on posting emails received before his site becomes a joke.
The creator of the site isen't the one who posted it here, and maybe you should visit the site before you judge it. Of the sites i've visited, I have the most respect for his. His site is even better than the official site. We have better things to do than dream up trade rumurs

Old
12-04-2003, 05:45 PM
officeglen

Quote:
The creator of the site isen't the one who posted it here, and maybe you should visit the site before you judge it. Of the sites i've visited, I have the most respect for his. His site is even better than the official site. We have better things to do than dream up trade rumurs
I did visit his site before I posted the last message. There I found out that he posted this "trade" whatever with this introduction:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creator of a most respectful site
This was just emailed to me. Don't yell at me if it isn't true, I am just passing it on.
As the creator of the site, one might learn when to pass on something and when to just pass, in order to keep the relative integrity of the site.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:46 PM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Blackhawks get ripped, IMO. Thibault is head and shoulders above Lalime and Bonk combined. Lalime isn't very good. I remember watching him play in his rookie season, and he was (and still is) downright awful, especially his first 16 games in the 1996-97 season.

Old
12-04-2003, 05:54 PM
Teemu

dont let me forget to thank you guys for the intellegent replies

Old
12-04-2003, 05:57 PM
officeglen

Quote:
dont let me forget to thank you guys for the intellegent replies