Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Not A Bowl Game GDT: 1/1/07 Thrashers @ Sens 3 pm

Old
01-01-2007, 04:41 PM
Tristelune

vCash: 500
DW really need to do everything he can to keep Kozlov with the Thrashers.

Tristelune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JohnnyAppleSeed50

Lovin' it, Looovin' it, Lo - vi - nnn' iiiit!!!!

JohnnyAppleSeed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
DOH! Tied up on the power play from a point shot.

It looked like Havelid bailed out after he had Schaffer tied up the corner. I rewound the DVR a couple times to check this. He started to get his stick caught around Schaffer and wanted to avoid an interference penalty.
Look one more time, McAmmond actually ran a moving pick into Havelid. That should have been interference, but these refs were all over the place with calls and non-calls.

ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:42 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Kovalchuk had a nice chance there.

Majik1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:42 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Kozlov is Klutch

Nice way to rebound from the Buffalo game. Good road win.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristelune View Post
DW really need to do everything he can to keep Kozlov with the Thrashers.
TRUTH!!! Kozlov the GW

Old
01-01-2007, 04:43 PM
JohnnyAppleSeed50

How about Hoss - 3 point night... fantastic... Bye for now guys.

JohnnyAppleSeed50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky17 View Post
Look one more time, McAmmond actually ran a moving pick into Havelid. That should have been interference, but these refs were all over the place with calls and non-calls.
I rewound it again, and I think it was a borderline pick, but Havelid backed off before McAmmond even got there. You can see Havelid go backwards and throw his arms back to show he was not holding or interfering with Schaffer. That happened right before McAmmond got got. That is what I'm talking about.

Old
01-01-2007, 04:50 PM
en_fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post
I think it was Ilya that did the spearing on that occasion.
Neil slashed Kovy on the skates first, and Ilya slashed back across Neil's mid-section.

What a horribly reffed game. Kelly got hit in the face at least twice, and the refs missed it every time. That goalie-interference on Kelly was also BS. They didn't call the obvious crosscheck Vish put on whoever. This list could go on.

What was the deal on that goal that got waved off? I heard the PA announcer in the arena say something about "the puck was forced into the net"...

en_fuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 04:58 PM
Majik1987
I know kung fu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by en_fuego View Post
Neil slashed Kovy on the skates first, and Ilya slashed back across Neil's mid-section.

What a horribly reffed game. Kelly got hit in the face at least twice, and the refs missed it every time. That goalie-interference on Kelly was also BS. They didn't call the obvious crosscheck Vish put on whoever. This list could go on.

What was the deal on that goal that got waved off? I heard the PA announcer in the arena say something about "the puck was forced into the net"...
I didn't understand the PA announcers call, but I think the reason for the wave off was that the ref was in the midst of blowing the playing dead when the puck was put into the net (i.e. he was bring the whistle up to his lips).

The Wolves had this happen to them Saturday against Rochester. The goal was waived off because the ref was in the process of stopping the play when the puck was put into the net.

Old
01-01-2007, 05:31 PM
en_fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1987 View Post
I didn't understand the PA announcers call, but I think the reason for the wave off was that the ref was in the midst of blowing the playing dead when the puck was put into the net (i.e. he was bring the whistle up to his lips).
Except he wasn't. He clearly waited until the puck was in the net before blowing the whistle and waving the goal off. If you saw the replay, the ref was watching it the entire time. Someone suggested that it was because it was under Emery and then Emery was pushed into the net - but that's not what happened either. The puck was under Emery and then Krog or Kozlov reached in and shoved the puck in - Emery never moved. The ref didn't blow the whistle until a good couple of seconds AFTER the puck went in.

Old
01-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
Quote:
Except he wasn't. He clearly waited until the puck was in the net before blowing the whistle and waving the goal off. If you saw the replay, the ref was watching it the entire time. Someone suggested that it was because it was under Emery and then Emery was pushed into the net - but that's not what happened either. The puck was under Emery and then Krog or Kozlov reached in and shoved the puck in - Emery never moved. The ref didn't blow the whistle until a good couple of seconds AFTER the puck went in.
You guys got a free goal earlier when the ref missed the highstick call, which you scored on shortly after. Not to mention the 2nd major and the goalie interference call. I wouldn't complain about the result if I were you.

Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 05:50 PM
en_fuego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting View Post
You guys got a free goal earlier when the ref missed the highstick call, which you scored on shortly after. Not to mention the 2nd major and the goalie interference call. I wouldn't complain about the result if I were you.
And you guys got a point because you scored on a BS Thrashers penalty to tie the game. I'm *****ing about the heinous officiating on both sides, not the result of the game.

Old
01-01-2007, 09:20 PM
ISensFanI

Quote:

I was at the game and the announcer said "No Goal, Because the goalie was forced in the net."

Sens played a really good game with Spezza, Fisher and Vermette all hurt.

ISensFanI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Fravashis

Wow ... I just saw the replay of Kozzy's OT goal ... what an effort . IMO, Kozzy for captain.

Fravashis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 10:57 PM
kracker1

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater23fan View Post
Wow ... I just saw the replay of Kozzy's OT goal ... what an effort . IMO, Kozzy for captain.
kozzy for C absolutely

kracker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Fravashis

We could start the "KFC" movement (Kozlov For Captain)

Old
01-02-2007, 01:17 AM
animalchin

Just poppin' in to agree that the officiating was bad both ways....given the obvious triple non-calls against Kelly of the Sens, I must say it was slightly tilted in one direction. That said, the tilt was only slight, as the non-goal was a mistake as well...not sure if it evened up in the end, but all in all - a decent game. Too bad all the talk is about the refs - when it was a pretty exciting game.

You fans of Atlanta have a nice team to watch....Hossa, Kovalchuk and Lehtonen are the makings of a solid team.

animalchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Fravashis

I cant say im impressed with the Ottawa team right now, I was watching The Score's recap of the game and all the Sens players were doing was *****ing about the calls and how they should have won. Also im really starting to get pissed off with the Canadian media. They made it seem like an upset that the Thrashers knocked off the "mighty Sens" even though we are 10 points up on them in the standings. Dont get me wrong, I have nothing against the Ottawa fans, your board is the one I go to when things on this board get slow. But from what I saw tonight from your boys, I was not impressed.

Old
01-02-2007, 02:42 AM
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater23fan View Post
But from what I saw tonight from your boys, I was not impressed.
I'm sorry, but take the 3 top centres off any team and there's going to be a significant drop-off in the offensive and defensive execution of the team.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
I'm sorry, but take the 3 top centres off any team and there's going to be a significant drop-off in the offensive and defensive execution of the team.
We'll send you Steve Rucchin if you want....no charge, just pay his for his bus ticket.

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Shameus

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Blazer View Post
From the AHL website:

01/01/2007 11:59 AM

The Atlanta Thrashers announced on Monday that they have recalled right wing Darren Haydar, the American Hockey League's leading scorer, from the Chicago Wolves.

The 27-year-old forward currently holds the longest scoring streak in AHL history, registering at least one point in each of Chicago's first 36 games of the 2006-07 season. Haydar's streak will be considered intact until he returns to the Wolves.

The Toronto native, who is by far the AHL's leader with 53 assists and 75 points this year, has appeared in two career NHL contests, both with Nashville in 2002-03. He won the Dudley "Red" Garrett Award as the AHL's outstanding rookie that season, and led the Milwaukee Admirals to two Calder Cup Finals appearances, including a league championship in 2004.

Overall, Haydar has totaled 132 goals, 219 assists and 351 points in 329 career AHL tilts.

Atlanta visits Ottawa on Monday afternoon before heading to Minnesota on Tuesday night.

http://www.theahl.com/news/league/in...rticle_id=7323
Here is a story about it from today's AJC.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sp...rashnotes.html

Basically they weren't expecting Hossa to play and were planning on him playing with Kozlov. HiBob said they have a lot of players with little injuries and may sit someone tonight and let Haydar play. Also the article talks about X not being able to get in the lineup because of how well the other defenseman are playing and because X has horrible skating. This is the first time I have heard DW or HiBob talk about X not being a good skater and this is what is keeping him out of the line up?

Shameus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 12:41 AM
gamera

Send a message via ICQ to gamera Send a message via AIM to gamera Send a message via MSN to gamera Send a message via Yahoo to gamera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameus View Post
How money is Kozlov.....score on the breakaway for the win!
slava is THE man

he is unstoppable 1 on 1 ... i'd hate to be a goaltender and see him coming towards me with the puck

what a game!

and I got to meet fellow hf poster, pothier, at the game!

gamera is offline   Reply With Quote