Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Tyler Doig

Old
01-01-2007, 05:08 PM
stormfan#20#33

vCash: 500
Tyler Doig

On thursday night the Guelph Storm faced off with the Oshawa Generals!!

Tyler Doig pissed me off with his stupid penalty and then retalieated and got another stupid penalty which costed Guelph the game he should be traded!!

stormfan#20#33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 07:29 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Umm, I don't mean to sound rude, but how old are you?

Doig has been the most consistent and most valuable forward the Storm have this year. If you want to trade him because he's a good player to dump for a pick or younger player in a rebuilding year then sure, but trade your best forward because he took a penalty and "pissed you off"? That's insanity.

Besides which, Doig hasn't taken a lot of penalties this year. He's been quite good at staying out of the box despite playing the most minutes and has been playing defense for the last month with d-men constantly missing due to injuries/suspensions/tournaments.

35 penalty minutes in 34 games - 5 of which are a fighting major.

So essentially you're looking at 15 minors in 34 games which is a decent average for his icetime/role.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 12:00 PM
ringetterox15

i was at the game...i saw nothing

ringetterox15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 05:53 PM
stormfan#20#33

i think it would be wise to trade him for a couple younger guys so we can rebuild for next season thats what i ment by that!!!

Old
01-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfan#20#33 View Post
i think it would be wise to trade him for a couple younger guys so we can rebuild for next season thats what i ment by that!!!
You're not going to get a couple players for an overage player like Doig. He's not exactly a game-breaker. I don't think he'll be traded at all because the value wouldn't be worth it.

Old
01-02-2007, 09:22 PM
ringetterox15

i think what guelph needs is sam gagner and john tavares...would be some fans in...i know it will never happen, but you could only wish, i mean tom mccollum is in his first year...and he is doing well so goaltending isn't the issue...scoring is

Old
01-02-2007, 10:29 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringetterox15 View Post
i think what guelph needs is sam gagner and john tavares...would be some fans in...i know it will never happen, but you could only wish, i mean tom mccollum is in his first year...and he is doing well so goaltending isn't the issue...scoring is
Yeah they could definitely use a phenom or two. Barr either has to take a chance on an NCAA player and throw a ton of money at him, or hopefully the next superstar comes along the same year Guelph finishes in dead last.

Old
01-02-2007, 10:39 PM
ringetterox15

yeah that is true...i have been to a couple Minor Midget AAA(guelph) games and i guess those players get chosen 9th round if at all but there is one guy who captains that team, and he is pretty good, he is fast and scores...just what they need

Old
01-09-2007, 03:56 PM
stormfan#20#33

Jan. 9 GUE Tyler Doig BELV 2nd Rnd '07 2nd Rnd '08 yes!!!

Old
01-09-2007, 04:12 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Im happy too, can I have a scouting report on DOig

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 04:15 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Im happy too, can I have a scouting report on DOig
All I know is that he kills Kitchener on a regular basis. Glad to see him in the east!

Storm in a Teacup or Paul Fendley will be able to tell you more.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Paul Fendley

Tyler Doig can do it all ... forward, defense, powerplay, penalty kill and when provoked he is a suprisingly good fighter. He is a very good skater with nice accelleration.

On the other side of the coin is the fact that at times Doig seems uninterested and lacks intensity. He looks like he is dogging it out there and has been benched a few times for lacklustre performance.

Make no mistake -- Doig is a player when he wants to be and a change in scenery is perhaps what he needs to recharge his intensity meter.

He'll be a fan favorite - guarenteed.

Paul Fendley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 04:42 PM
JrHockeyFan

Hmmm

Guelph trading away goal scoring? And they picked up two 2nd rounds for him.

Gotta believe that Guelph will deal Parent for 88's or 89's that can put the pick in the net + 3 to 5 round picks.

Still I find it odd that Guelph is not really that far out of things and are trading a commodity that they usually lack. The defense is certainly good. The scoring is not.

Well, Rangers and Storm tonite. Let's see what goes down there.

PS: Lot of teams dealing like they are going for it. Some are going to be disappointed. I see J Donati just went to Sudbury

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 06:48 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

I'm kind of upset about this. The leading scorer on a poor offensive team gets moved? Rebuilding or not, do you want your fans to be entertained? This team was already severely offensively inept, Doig was pretty much the only catalyst on offense for any kind of production. It also took the pressure off of Arniel.

Parent has to be traded now. They're packing in this season, might as well go all in.

Good thing I got those tickets for Friday, Doig was my favourite player.

Old
01-09-2007, 07:24 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I'm kind of upset about this. The leading scorer on a poor offensive team gets moved? Rebuilding or not, do you want your fans to be entertained? This team was already severely offensively inept, Doig was pretty much the only catalyst on offense for any kind of production. It also took the pressure off of Arniel.

Parent has to be traded now. They're packing in this season, might as well go all in.

Good thing I got those tickets for Friday, Doig was my favourite player.
so your saying this is a great deal for my team (bulls)

Old
01-09-2007, 08:55 PM
Paul Fendley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post

I will counter with this. It is my opinion that Guelph see's this season as a stepping stone to bigger things in the next couple of years. With Doig the Storm would still be considered a long shot to make it past the second round. Stranger things have happened but when you look at the inexperience of the majority of this years Storm lineup that is the only conclusion I can draw. By trading Doig the Storm add some leverage in quality draft picks which can really come in handy when the time comes to add that "stud" player soughtafter by all contending teams.

I don't think Parent has to be traded and more than likely won't be traded. There is no point to go all in as Parent, along with the other veteran players can really help show the youngsters how playoff hockey should be played at the OHL level.

I will close with a disclaimer: Should Barr receive an offer for Ryan Parent that is absolutely to good to refuse I assume he will accept. I don't see it happening.

Old
01-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Fendley View Post
I will counter with this. It is my opinion that Guelph see's this season as a stepping stone to bigger things in the next couple of years. With Doig the Storm would still be considered a long shot to make it past the second round. Stranger things have happened but when you look at the inexperience of the majority of this years Storm lineup that is the only conclusion I can draw. By trading Doig the Storm add some leverage in quality draft picks which can really come in handy when the time comes to add that "stud" player soughtafter by all contending teams.

I don't think Parent has to be traded and more than likely won't be traded. There is no point to go all in as Parent, along with the other veteran players can really help show the youngsters how playoff hockey should be played at the OHL level.

I will close with a disclaimer: Should Barr receive an offer for Ryan Parent that is absolutely to good to refuse I assume he will accept. I don't see it happening.
I'm torn. I don't want him to be traded for the reasons you've stated. But at the same time, trading the biggest piece of your offense has already shot the team in the foot, why not trade Parent for hopefully a budding offensive player that can fill the void now and in the future? The team survived quite well on defense without him.

Maybe they can last the whole year winning 2-1 games like this evening, but as I said, trading Doig really hurts this team's chances on a nightly basis, why not continue to improve the team for the future instead of only doing it half-assed? Parent should bring in a quality player and picks - like Downie's return.

With my heart, I want to see him finish his career with the Storm. With my head, after Doig's trade, I think he should be moved.

Old
01-10-2007, 07:11 AM
ringetterox15

this sucks...thats all i have to say

Old
01-10-2007, 09:08 AM
knights2005

I also can't understand why they wouldn't move Parent now that Doig is gone. Even to get out of the first round this year, they'll have to pull off a pretty big upset and they're certainly not likely to get through two rounds.

If Guelph is planning on reloading and competing within the next 1-2 years, they need to get as much for Parent right now that they possibly can otherwise they're going to come up well short of where they need to be in terms of competing against London and Sarnia - both will be powerhouses for the next 2 years.

And the person who mentioned that Guelph needs Gagner....I'd love to listen in on that trade proposal to Hunter.

knights2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knights2005 View Post
I also can't understand why they wouldn't move Parent now that Doig is gone. Even to get out of the first round this year, they'll have to pull off a pretty big upset and they're certainly not likely to get through two rounds.

If Guelph is planning on reloading and competing within the next 1-2 years, they need to get as much for Parent right now that they possibly can otherwise they're going to come up well short of where they need to be in terms of competing against London and Sarnia - both will be powerhouses for the next 2 years.

And the person who mentioned that Guelph needs Gagner....I'd love to listen in on that trade proposal to Hunter.
I absolutely agree. At this point, Parent needs to be moved for offensive help for the next 2 years, plus high picks. As another Knights fan pointed out to me, will the Storm be competitive in Doughty's lifetime? And the answer right now, to me, is no. Sure there's still lots of time to improve, but the best way to start is right now with Ryan Parent.

Old
01-10-2007, 11:14 AM
OHLArenaGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringetterox15 View Post
GM: Hey, you know what my team needs? Superstars! Someone trade me some superstars!

OHLArenaGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLArenaGuide View Post
GM: Hey, you know what my team needs? Superstars! Someone trade me some superstars!

Haha. It's sort of like that mythical 'scoring winger' 10 different teams are looking for around this time.

Old
01-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Paul Fendley

Quote:
I'm not sold on the London as a powerhouse thing.

They will be good next year, yes, but a powerhouse for the next two years?
I think not.

Old
01-10-2007, 04:04 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Fendley View Post
I'm not sold on the London as a powerhouse thing.

They will be good next year, yes, but a powerhouse for the next two years?
I think not.
they will have both Kane and Gagner

Old
01-10-2007, 04:51 PM
ringetterox15

Quote:

1.well parent helps at the back...he is the strongest defence they have...why would they trade him
2. you can't trade for a first round...ever
3. Are Gagner and Kane the same age??