HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Headin to the Meadowlands

Old
01-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Cartman27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Headin to the Meadowlands

Im taking my first trip to the CAA tomorrow night with a few friends for Rangers/Devils. Any of you guys gunna be there/wanna meet up? What can i expect from Devils fans? Ive never been to an away arena other than the Coliseum so im really lookin forward to this. Hope to see some of you there! Lets go Rangers!!!

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:25 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

One of the worst arenas to watch a hockey game. Sorry.

Quite honestly it would be a difficult decision either staying home and watching the game or getting free tickets and going because i cant stand that place. And i live about 15 minutes from the swamp.

Last time I was there for a hockey game it was Ortmeyers first game and the Rangers lost something like 7-1 or something. I sat in the worst section possible, full of fair weather "Devils fans". I overheard them discussing about what i guess was the game in front of them, so it was very annyoing nonetheless.

I know not all Devils fans are like that, but i got the cream of the crop that night, i tell you. Not to mention some of the idiot Jersey fans trying to start **** with anyone wearing a Rangers jersey. But that happens alot either way. For the most part its OK.

They'll be a few real Devils fans there, it should be exciting because its a great rivalry, with both Rangers and Devils fans chanting back and forth at eachother.

The big plus with CAA is the pregame ability to tailgate. Thats the best part about that place. Tool rocked there in october.

Hopefully itll be a good close game, with Rangers coming out on top.

Last edited by HockeyBasedNYC: 01-01-2007 at 08:38 PM.
HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:34 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
I wont be there tomarrow night, but I did see the Devils play the Habs in 04 at the CAA.

The arena has a TON of open space, especially in the areas with the concessions. The tunnels dont get clogged like they do in the Garden. I liked that alot.

The only reason we went was because of the deal for cheap seats. We got 4 tickets for $9 that game in the upper corner of the upper deck. We moved down to the $70 seats in the middle a few minutes in. Theres plenty of space to move around if you dont like your seats.

The crowd was boring as all hell though. There was a " Lets Go Devils! " chant trying to be started at least a dozen times but never picked up swing. The place might be louder tomarrow night though since its a rivalry game.

Have fun.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:37 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I wont be there tomarrow night, but I did see the Devils play the Habs in 04 at the CAA.

The arena has a TON of open space, especially in the areas with the concessions. The tunnels dont get clogged like they do in the Garden. I liked that alot.

The only reason we went was because of the deal for cheap seats. We got 4 tickets for $9 that game in the upper corner of the upper deck. We moved down to the $70 seats in the middle a few minutes in. Theres plenty of space to move around if you dont like your seats.

The crowd was boring as all hell though. There was a " Lets Go Devils! " chant trying to be started at least a dozen times but never picked up swing. The place might be louder tomarrow night though since its a rivalry game.

Have fun.

The tunnel get EXTREMLY clogged from my expirence since they only have 1 tunnel unlike the garden which has 3.

Nassau though has the worst tunnel clogging.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:41 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
The tunnel get EXTREMLY clogged from my expirence since they only have 1 tunnel unlike the garden which has 3.
agreed.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 08:41 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post

Nassau though has the worst tunnel clogging though.
I hate how in the Garden you constantly have to walk through the people who are waiting in line at those " pubs " to buy a $50 beer.

Not lookin forward to doing that on Thursday.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 09:03 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I hate how in the Garden you constantly have to walk through the people who are waiting in line at those " pubs " to buy a $50 beer.

Not lookin forward to doing that on Thursday.
See you there

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 09:06 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
See you there
same....sec 409

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Choice

Hey-

I'm actually going to the game tomorrow night too, first time to CAA in a bunch of years too. Coming from the city, what do you guys think is quicker-driving myself or taking the bus from the port authority? Anyone know how much the bus costs?
Also, can you drink on the bus?

Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 09:21 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Hey-

I'm actually going to the game tomorrow night too, first time to CAA in a bunch of years too. Coming from the city, what do you guys think is quicker-driving myself or taking the bus from the port authority? Anyone know how much the bus costs?
Also, can you drink on the bus?
Drive yourself

Old
01-01-2007, 09:37 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I'll be at thursday's game - 423.

The Meadowlands is honestly not great. The traffic is brutal, the arena isn't that good, the seats in the upper deck can give you vertigo..when the Newark Arena opens, I will go to see them more. But hopefully it will be an exciting game.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 10:04 PM
Diehardfan419

I will be going to the Jan 16th game at CAA vs Devils. Alot of Ranger fans make the trip to the swamp whenever the Rangers are there. About 40% of the building, Id guess. Have a great time.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-01-2007, 10:56 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

I sat in the last row of the upper deck for Game 1 playoffs last year and the view was actually pretty good.

Best part was you couldn't hear the screaming kids and the over-dramatic theatrical announcer that much.

01-01-2007, 10:57 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I went to a Pens-Devils game, sat front row behind the Pens bench, couldn't see a thing all game. But did catch a puck! Also went to a Dev-Sen playoff game and a Devil-Ranger game in the last row

Old
01-01-2007, 11:03 PM
lotus

Went to games 3 and 4 of the playoffs last year. 3 @ swamp. Damn near got involved in 3 fights. After a goal by Betts i think it was, me and my buddy stood up and cheered obnoxiously and then a buncha other ranger fans around us stood up. Those little packaged thunder sticks that were unopened began to rain down upon us. I caught one guy and yelled some **** at him, his girl yelled back so i called her a horny ***** (she was wearing devil horns, it made sense). And two other people screaming at us as the game was ending when we left.

Some ****** fans. Some are okay. One guy next to me was very cool saying that rangers were injured and tired. Said Sykora was a smart pickup blablabla. Decent guy, still bias in some ways. Point is expect allot of crap. On the other hand, most devil fans don't show up until theyre in the playoffs.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 12:10 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Five of my friends and I will be there, all huge nyr fans. What you can expect from Devils fans is for them to do the same Rangers sucks chant literally 50 times during the game. Otherwise they'll boo you and listen to insane heavy metal in the parking lot, but it's funny that there's so many Rangers fans that none of the booing or anything will bother you. I've been to maybe ten NYR games there in my life, and I haven't won since the 1997 playoffs. I want to walk out of the meadowlands with my arms up tomorrow, I've waited long enough and took enough **** over the last ten years. Let's do this!

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 02:19 AM
NYRangerfn09

Quote:
I know not all Devils fans are like that, but i got the cream of the crop that night, i tell you. Not to mention some of the idiot Jersey fans trying to start **** with anyone wearing a Rangers jersey. But that happens alot either way.
If you think they are bad go to a game at HSBC. I go to school in buffalo so I go to the games there with my g/f. I had people trying to fight us just because we had jersey's on. Someone actually walked up to me and said "New York sucks", I made sure that this kid was aware that he was in new york and he stalked us outside the arena. On 3 different occasions I heard some fans screaming that we should have got an icing when we were on the PK, go figure. Forget the dev's, sabre fans are much worse. At least we got Jagrs towel.

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 02:26 AM
lotus

I don't like Sabre fans at all either.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Diehardfan419

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfn09 View Post
If you think they are bad go to a game at HSBC. I go to school in buffalo so I go to the games there with my g/f. I had people trying to fight us just because we had jersey's on. Someone actually walked up to me and said "New York sucks", I made sure that this kid was aware that he was in new york and he stalked us outside the arena. On 3 different occasions I heard some fans screaming that we should have got an icing when we were on the PK, go figure. Forget the dev's, sabre fans are much worse. At least we got Jagrs towel.
Ive actually noticed quite a bit of Rangers fans at Sabres game...at least on TV it seems that way when the Rangers score....I see alot of cheering and hands go up.

Diehardfan419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 09:04 AM
jcrangerno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 View Post
Ive actually noticed quite a bit of Rangers fans at Sabres game...at least on TV it seems that way when the Rangers score....I see alot of cheering and hands go up.
Try going to Pittsburgh (believe it or not). These people go ballistic at the sight of the jersey! Kicking the back of chairs, throwing stuff - oh yeah lots of fun there!

As for the Swamp (CAA) the place is a joke as far as the "Devil" fans go. Most of them buy 4 games a year (you should be able to guess which ones). That makes it all the more laughable when the put up trivia questions, etc... Enjoy Tuesday night at the 80's - the music is amusing!

jcrangerno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 12:51 PM
Choice

I actually went to both Pittsburgh and Buffalo and neither was so bad we'll see about CAA tonight, but I think LI is by far the worst

Old
01-02-2007, 12:57 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
I actually like going to CAA mostly because it's fun to see how many Rangers fans are there.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 08:22 PM
skymachine

I went last night and it was a fantastic game. I was surprised that I did not have to deal with any annoying-type devil fans at all, despite being the only guy in a ranger jersey in a 10 foot radius. The crowd was fairly mild to each other individually, the only battling occured with all the "lets go rangers" chants which were countered with "rangers suck" chants, which happened continuously. Also sat in the 200s, and the view was great despite being near a corner.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 03:27 AM
kickice

Send a message via MSN to kickice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehardfan419 View Post
I will be going to the Jan 16th game at CAA vs Devils. Alot of Ranger fans make the trip to the swamp whenever the Rangers are there. About 40% of the building, Id guess. Have a great time.
I'm going to that game as well First time I'll have seen Rangers 'on the road'!

I've been to the Devils arena a few times in the past though. When I come over from the UK to see the Rangers, if there happens to be a game there on an evening the Rangers aren't playing, I've headed over - cos travelling so far, I may as well make the most of the NHL games I can see.

It's a horrible arena though. I hate those really high seats. I don't have vertigo or anything, but I just found 'em really unnerving to walk up to! For the game on the 16th I made sure I got a ticket close to the front of that 2nd tier, those seats are ok.

kickice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Choice

Yes that arena is garbage. Looking forward to catching a Ranger game in the Newark building