Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

OHL Trade Deadline-Sarnia Sting

Old
01-01-2007, 11:12 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

vCash: 500
OHL Trade Deadline-Sarnia Sting

i don't think you will see a blockbuster trade before the deadline.you might see some player movement to get down to the 23 man roster limit from 25.disalvo back tho chatham jr b,prout to play for the jr b blast on their game nights.just remembered about sample at home maybe a trade for a mid/late round pick in 2007 or 2008?

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2007, 11:59 PM
Default101

rumours continue to swirl about a trade with windsor where sarnia would aquire weber in a 2 for 1 deal involving dahm and a defenceman and a mid round pick, with Windsor out of the playoffs, as Weber potentially going to rochester next year this would make alot of sence for windsor, sarnia half and half, but it would help with their team this year giving them a solidifed top 6 but would affect the future, but DiSalvo still remains with the team which suggests that a goaltender is on the move, and the fact that dahm hasn't started in between the pipes for sarnia since December 1st and has only 2 wins since October 21st as suppoed to Parker VanBuskirk who is 13-3 this season and will not cost them in the OVR or IMP department along with the fact that DiSalvo still has yet to be sent back to Chatham, or Wallaceburg or wherever he's playing because almsot anywhere would be better for a developing 16 year old goaltender than being a 3rd stringer and not even being in uniform, unless he was soon to become the 2nd stringer. not many teams can take an Import player as it is, intrestingly enough Windsor and also his team in which he was traded from Belleville, who has an injured Lalande on their hands and Dahm who played good in relief of him in the playoffs last year thing is i see the sting looking for one more solid defenceman and Subban comes to mind question is if belleville who is semi-contending this year as well would be willing to move someone like that.

Default101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Default101

i know alot of people are talking about this being a "rebuilding year" for the sting, i don't think.. for example 04-05 was a rebuilding year for the Petes who's big year was 05-06, just because next year is the big year for the sting doesn't mean they're gonna wholesale anyone who is doing good this year and is not guarenteed to be there next year, so take it for whats it's worth but in a post game interview Steve Stamkos said "Coach MacQueen took a piece of paper and wrote down the first place team, and their points and our points and said this is our goal" that doesn't sound like a rebuilding team... it wouldn't make alot of sense for a coach to walk in and tell his team that and then make a trade that would weaken the team, i think sarnia will add whatever they need if it doesn't cost too much but if it came down to it i think they'd get out bid by Barrie, London, Belleville, Kitchener, Saginaw or Plymouth depending on who it is, but i think they might quietly make a good move or two that might not invole the names Downie, Ryder etc. the sting STILL have DiSalvo up with the team traveling with them and practicing with him and not sending him back, only a few teams could take Dahm as he is an import, but played decent for the Bulls in the playoffs last year and could be attractive to a few teams.
24-11-5 doesn't sound like the record of a rebuilding team

Last edited by Default101: 01-07-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Old
01-09-2007, 04:55 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

looks like 2 ex sting players tomas sample and anthony potoshnynk(sp)?are both playing for the oakville blades in the provincial jr A league.i don't think sample will be picked by another ohl team at the trade deadline but never say never.2 very tough kids.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 08:06 AM
Default101

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcrazyman View Post
looks like 2 ex sting players tomas sample and anthony potoshnynk(sp)?are both playing for the oakville blades in the provincial jr A league.i don't think sample will be picked by another ohl team at the trade deadline but never say never.2 very tough kids.
yes they are, and pototschnik's rights aren't owned by the sting so some team that didn't get the OA they wanted surely could pick him up for nothing...

Dahm to sudbury for a 4th, seeing as t hat draft pick would take in affect after the team has reached it's peak i see this as being a part of a bigger deal millar has layed out, he hasn't really come through big on trade deadline day, but sarnia has never been a contender before, and y es i'm using the word contender, there are 5 powerhouses in the west, sarnia is legitimate at 25-11 and with a starting goaltender with a record of 14-3 now the only question is if Van Buskirk goes soft because of lack of competition, i like the Dahm trade, he wasn't what they thought he was and it took alot for Millar to right one of his wrongs, admit he made a mistake and just moved onf rom there, Disalvo has been with the team for a month now he will be the team's back-up i'd like to see one more forward and one more defenceman, prout is playing decent but he needs to go to jr. b for the end of this year so he can get his endurance and game experience up for next year when he'd able to be a regular and contribute more. Also sarnia could use a defenceman to solidify their top 6.

Old
01-10-2007, 04:08 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry-Dogg View Post
rumours continue to swirl about a trade with windsor where sarnia would aquire weber in a 2 for 1 deal involving dahm and a defenceman and a mid round pick, with Windsor out of the playoffs, as Weber potentially going to rochester next year this would make alot of sence for windsor, sarnia half and half, but it would help with their team this year giving them a solidifed top 6 but would affect the future, but DiSalvo still remains with the team which suggests that a goaltender is on the move, and the fact that dahm hasn't started in between the pipes for sarnia since December 1st and has only 2 wins since October 21st as suppoed to Parker VanBuskirk who is 13-3 this season and will not cost them in the OVR or IMP department along with the fact that DiSalvo still has yet to be sent back to Chatham, or Wallaceburg or wherever he's playing because almsot anywhere would be better for a developing 16 year old goaltender than being a 3rd stringer and not even being in uniform, unless he was soon to become the 2nd stringer. not many teams can take an Import player as it is, intrestingly enough Windsor and also his team in which he was traded from Belleville, who has an injured Lalande on their hands and Dahm who played good in relief of him in the playoffs last year thing is i see the sting looking for one more solid defenceman and Subban comes to mind question is if belleville who is semi-contending this year as well would be willing to move someone like that.
There is no way in hell you will get Subban. Considering Belleville has a shot this year you wont see them trade any major players. If you guys need a dominate PK go pick up Jeff Leavitt who we just put on waivers

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Default101

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
There is no way in hell you will get Subban. Considering Belleville has a shot this year you wont see them trade any major players. If you guys need a dominate PK go pick up Jeff Leavitt who we just put on waivers
also i forgot about the retrade rule