HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Sabres @ Senators

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-03-2007, 08:34 PM
  #1
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
OT: Sabres @ Senators

Sens are up 4-0 vs Buffalo in the second period. Assuming Ottawa wins, we have to hope Habs beat the Caps tomorrow and get within 8 points of the Sabres afterwhich, they'll have played an equal amount of games.

We had Buffalo within 6 points within the last couple of weeks onyl to have a mini slump that saw Buffalo jet back up to a 10 point lead. Let's hope our Habs take advantage. I still believe catching Buffalo is possible.

LesHabsRock is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 08:37 PM
  #2
Rather Gingerly 1*
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Sens are up 4-0 vs Buffalo in the second period. Assuming Ottawa wins, we have to hope Habs beat the Caps tomorrow and get within 8 points of the Sabres afterwhich, they'll have played an equal amount of games.

We had Buffalo within 6 points within the last couple of weeks onyl to have a mini slump that saw Buffalo jet back up to a 10 point lead. Let's hope our Habs take advantage. I still believe catching Buffalo is possible.
We should be studying the Sens/Sabres very careful, as the Sens are not overly talented (especially with all their recently injuries) but have the Sabres number this season. It could come in very handily if we meed the Sabres in the playoffs.

Rather Gingerly 1* is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 08:47 PM
  #3
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,631
vCash: 500
We were 'only' 5 points behind Buffalo I believe, as recently as on December 19th.

GoodKiwi is online now  
Old
01-03-2007, 08:52 PM
  #4
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
We were 'only' 5 points behind Buffalo I believe, as recently as on December 19th.
and then...We sent down Lapierre to hamilton....

habitue* is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 08:57 PM
  #5
MacHabs93
Registered User
 
MacHabs93's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 1,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
and then...We sent down Lapierre to hamilton....
Badabing! *drum kick*

MacHabs93 is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:06 PM
  #6
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,105
vCash: 500
Sabres need special teams if they want to go far...

znk is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:06 PM
  #7
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,322
vCash: 50
I've seen several games that Cuthbert and Healy have done together and I always come away with the impression that Cuthbert hates his guts.

Just now Cuthbert was complimenting Vanek (I believe) and Healy just becomes very confrontational. "He did nothing tonight! You did more sitting here," to which Cuthbert replies "Well, I didn't have a shot go wide of the net." Couple seconds of awkward silence follow.

I wouldn't blame him if he did.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
  #8
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino View Post
I've seen several games that Cuthbert and Healy have done together and I always come away with the impression that Cuthbert hates his guts.

Just now Cuthbert was complimenting Vanek (I believe) and Healy just becomes very confrontational. "He did nothing tonight! You did more sitting here," to which Cuthbert replies "Well, I didn't have a shot go wide of the net." Couple seconds of awkward silence follow.

I wouldn't blame him if he did.
I really didnt read that the same way you did.

znk is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:09 PM
  #9
GoodKiwi
Registered User
 
GoodKiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Georgia
Posts: 9,631
vCash: 500
3-6 final makes it look somewhat respectable...

GoodKiwi is online now  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:11 PM
  #10
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Sabres need special teams if they want to go far...
Special teams, you say? Are those the same special teams people keep saying is the only reason why the Habs are winning games this year? What a double standard. Don't you agree. You win using special teams and fans say they need to play better 5 on 5. A team doesn't have good special teams and they lose, then fans say they need better special teams and that's what wins hockey games

LesHabsRock is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:12 PM
  #11
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,322
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I really didnt read that the same way you did.
Maybe it's not the best case tonight, but I've seen many examples of Healy shouting down his broadcast partner followed by awkward silence.

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:15 PM
  #12
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Special teams, you say? Are those the same special teams people keep saying is the only reason why the Habs are winning games this year? What a double standard. Don't you agree. You win using special teams and fans say they need to play better 5 on 5. A team doesn't have good special teams and they lose, then fans say they need better special teams and that's what wins hockey games
You got it wrong. Sabres need better special teams. Habs need better 5 on 5. I dont see how this is a double standard....
Teams who have a "weakness" need to improve on it. I dont know to me this makes perfect sense.

znk is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
  #13
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitué View Post
and then...We sent down Lapierre to hamilton....
Ok, seriously, you need to get off this kick.

Seriously, you guys.

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:16 PM
  #14
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino View Post
Maybe it's not the best case tonight, but I've seen many examples of Healy shouting down his broadcast partner followed by awkward silence.
Well anyway...I'm not saying I disagree with you....It's not far fetched to say that anyone would have a problem with Healy.

znk is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:18 PM
  #15
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,369
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Albino View Post
Maybe it's not the best case tonight, but I've seen many examples of Healy shouting down his broadcast partner followed by awkward silence.
Healey is just excessively negative/bitter, against anyone or anything. During the game he commented on the WJC shootout and said something like (sarcastically) "what a goaltending duel that was - first save wins". I think he was just mad that there's 19 year old kids playing better now than he did in his entire career.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:20 PM
  #16
Bill McNeal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,322
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Well anyway...I'm not saying I disagree with you....It's not far fetched to say that anyone would have a problem with Healy.
I know I do

Bill McNeal is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:23 PM
  #17
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
You got it wrong. Sabres need better special teams. Habs need better 5 on 5. I dont see how this is a double standard....
Teams who have a "weakness" need to improve on it. I dont know to me this makes perfect sense.
While I agree the Habs DO need better 5 on 5 play, they tend to have what critics say wins games and Stanley Cups. Those things would be special teams and goaltending. I think, moreso, the Sabres need special teams. Without them you lose games. That's a fact.

Every team has a weakness or two. That's no secret. The double standard is clear. Team wins with special teams and critics say "they are ONLY winning because of special teams". Team loses and has poor special teams and critics say "They lost because of poor special teams". Double standard here is defined by losing and winning by the same method.

LesHabsRock is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:25 PM
  #18
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D
 
Phil Parent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,185
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Ok, seriously, you need to get off this kick.

Seriously, you guys.
Two seriouslies, and you end your post with "You Guys"

...

Are you copying my distinctive post style?!?

Phil Parent is online now  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:27 PM
  #19
znk
Registered User
 
znk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
While I agree the Habs DO need better 5 on 5 play, they tend to have what critics say wins games and Stanley Cups. Those things would be special teams and goaltending. I think, moreso, the Sabres need special teams. Without them you lose games. That's a fact.

Every team has a weakness or two. That's no secret. The double standard is clear. Team wins with special teams and critics say "they are ONLY winning because of special teams". Team loses and has poor special teams and critics say "They lost because of poor special teams". Double standard here is defined by losing and winning by the same method.
Explain to me how pointing out a teams weakness whether it be special teams or 5 on 5 play is a double standard. It would be a double standard if people ignored a problem on one team while they pointed at one on the other. But since we are pointing out a problem on both teams arent we using the same standard?


"The ____ rely to much on their _____. They need to improve their _____"
It's the same thing....

znk is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:35 PM
  #20
Blades 0f Steel
Registered User
 
Blades 0f Steel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Tibet
Posts: 11,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Two seriouslies, and you end your post with "You Guys"

...

Are you copying my distinctive post style?!?
Totally.

Blades 0f Steel is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:38 PM
  #21
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Explain to me how pointing out a teams weakness whether it be special teams or 5 on 5 play is a double standard. It would be a double standard if people ignored a problem on one team while they pointed at one on the other. But since we are pointing out a problem on both teams arent we using the same standard?


"The ____ rely to much on their _____. They need to improve their _____"
It's the same thing....
You can pick and choose any weakness a team may have and make the same argument, but my point was more of a statement regarding special teams, specifically, rather than 5 on 5. The reasoning behind my point on special teams is, such that, critics and fans alike have been saying "special teams win hockey games" for years. The Habs are winning because of their strengths. All teams have weaknesses, but good teams have the ability to utilize their strengths and win because of them.

If you'd like to debate other weaknesses a team may or may not have we can do that as well. My argument is regarding special teams.

Go ahead and insert what you will "They rely too much on defense and need to improve their offense" or vice versa. "They rely too much on goaltending and need to improve their defense"...yada yada


Last edited by LesHabsRock: 01-03-2007 at 09:43 PM.
LesHabsRock is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:46 PM
  #22
Sens Rule
Registered User
 
Sens Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1x44r View Post
We were 'only' 5 points behind Buffalo I believe, as recently as on December 19th.
You are only 5 points ahead of the Sens right now. Better look in the rear view mirror.

Sens Rule is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:49 PM
  #23
Montreal Typical
Registered User
 
Montreal Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Moreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,195
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 2007 Sens Rule! View Post
You are only 5 points ahead of the Sens right now. Better look in the rear view mirror.
We have three games in hand though. Obviously, we have to win those, or lose in OT, to distance ourselves from the Sens, but that's still three games in hand.

Montreal Typical is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:50 PM
  #24
lilooet*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladesofSteel View Post
Totally.
Seriously.

lilooet* is offline  
Old
01-03-2007, 09:50 PM
  #25
LesHabsRock
Registered User
 
LesHabsRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,915
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cup 2007 Sens Rule! View Post
You are only 5 points ahead of the Sens right now. Better look in the rear view mirror.
The Habs have a whopping 3 games in hand and have a winning record vs the Senators this year. Better start focusing your binoculars.

LesHabsRock is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:20 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.