Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor: Pit-Cgy

Old
01-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Cliff O Malley

vCash: 500
Rumor: Pit-Cgy

Hey guys, pens fan here; found this http://spectorshockey.tripod.com/spe...e_rumours.html

scroll down and see Ryan Malone for Kobasew

I'm not a fan of this trade just wondering what yinz thought?

Cliff O Malley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 12:26 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I don't really like the sounds of this trade. I'd rather the Flames keep Chuck Kobasew.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 12:43 PM
Miko

I don't think i would do that trade.I think if Chuck continues to struggle we should go big and get someone at the trade deadline.
Malone for Kobasew just doesn't do it for me .

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Lunatik*

i'd do this deal... i think Malone just needs to be in a hockey city where he doesnt have the added pressures of play at home... and i think his upside is higher than that of Kobasew... move Juice to the RW and slot malone in as the 2nd line LW... i think it would look good especially with the playmaking abilities of Lombardi and Juice

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:46 PM
Ozy_Flame

No, no, and no. This is a lateral move at best, and really, Malone does not have the defensive ability that Kobasew has learned over the last couple of years. Also, Malone started out strong, but has since fizzled out.

I would be against this trade eight days of the week.

Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Body Checker

I agree that it's a lateral trade, it neither shores up a weakness for either team nor does it improve one more than the other

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 08:12 PM
BadNewsBearcat

Well considering the fact that Ritchie has 2 goals in one game, playing in a spot where Kobasew has 4 all season... I wouldn't be against moving Kobasew. Just not sure if Malone is the answer. If it weren't for that one good game playing with Crosby, what else has he done???

BadNewsBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 11:15 PM
kruezer

I'd rather keep Kobasew and continue developing, he hasn't scored a tonne this year, but I think it has been a good year for him to grow as a player, I'd like the Flames to continue developing him in the solid 25 goal 50 point guy he will one day be.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 12:49 AM
abracanada

Kobasew has developed as a player. He is putting his focus, entirely on a different area, and it has effected his offensive numbers, so far. Right now, he is third on the team in hits behind Phaneuf and Regehr. He hits more than most of the defensemen. He has a pretty decent +/- compared to previous seasons. I don't here negative comments about him from either Playfair or Sutter (as a matter of fact, Playfair has been quite complimentary of him). Not only have they not criticized him, but they have increased his ice time and placed him on the second line. That tells me he must be doing exactly what he has been told. His takeaway/giveaway stats are quite good too, so I don't buy that he is being knocked off the puck the way some suggest.

I wouldn't trade him for Malone, because Kobasew has demonstrated he would go to the wall for the team. He has the desire to improve his game any way the team needs, and is willing to even sacrifice his offensive numbers to do it. I don't hear the same qualities from Malone. I hear he can be lazy. He played great when paired with Crosby but the effort is not always there.

I believe Kobasew will start scoring, and I hope he does it soon because his lack of offense, is effecting his confidence and it could cost him a spot on this team.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 03:59 PM
Qubax

it's difficult to realize how good of a goal scorer Chuck Kobasew is when he is struggling the way he is....but he is by far the best 4 goal scorer I have ever seen...

I'm a Flames season Ticket holder and Chuck is my favorite player..even watching him in practice he can shoot the puck better then anyone outside Iggy, and Hus...

If he went to Pitts and had a chance with Sid....I can't even imagine how he would do...he would score ALOT...

I don't think you sell low, and Chuck has low low value right now on the market and his value to the team is much higher despite only 4 goals...unless the concussion becomes a career thing and it seems like a one time incident then I hope Chuck stays the goals will start going in...

Qubax is offline   Reply With Quote