Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Robyn Regehr

Old
01-03-2007, 12:10 AM
BenThatcher

vCash: 500
Robyn Regehr

I can't believe I'm saying this because two years ago he looked like he was set to become a bona fide Norris contender for the next ten years, however, after watching him tonight, I've come to the conclusion that he's simply too slow and is in fact only our fourth best defenseman after Phaneuf, Hamrlik and Ference. Sutter needs to make a trade for a fast, puck moving defenseman with a hint of offensive flair, something in the way of a Derek Morris or Toni Lydman type player. Of course Regehr won't get traded because he's making peanuts and he deserves another year, which is conveniently when his contract is due to expire, to prove himself in the new NHL. Tonight he made one good hit in the corner but was for the most part outskated and just plain too damn slow. For a guy with such a hard shot you'd think he'd be an asset on the powerplay but he simply isn't - Ference/Giordano was our second PP pairing. This team is in big, big trouble and has alot of dead weight dragging it down - guys like McCarty, Friesen, Lundmark, and maybe even Amonte are just too slow and provide nothing out there. Maybe Playfair isn't as good a motivator as Sutter was, but this team needs to be shaken up soon to avoid a big tailspin to the bottom of the division.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 10:56 AM
borr

overpaid d man

What about Warrener, how does he deserve the money he is making? Every game I watch I think to myself he can"t skate or shoot and is not that tough. I don"t think he would be a good AHL player, maybe he should try coaching.

borr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 12:49 PM
guzzy

Wow you are both unbelievable. Warrener and Regehr are great and there isn't a team out there that wouldn't take these guys given the chance. Ference is not top 4 in Calgary. In Edmonton he would be but he is definitely 5 and doesn't hold a candle in the wind to Regehr or Warrener. Neither of these two are great offensive dmen but are great in their own end. It is hard to shine offensively when you have puck movers like Dion, Hamrlik and Gio.

guzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Rudolf Yaber

Wow
I guess there always has to be a critic. From what I've seen this year from Regehr and Warrener I feel that Calgary should take care to NOT make any changes at the blueline.

And Ben is right, Amonte is a snail

Rudolf Yaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 01:43 PM
Body Checker

What a stupid post, Regehr is a top defensive defenseman and looks faster than ever.

And Amonte still has good speed; a snail??? That shows your hockey knowledge right there or you are just enjoying being negative.

Flames played good enough to win and they played good enough to win the 6-5 OT game in Vancouver. Sometimes the bounces are not there.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 02:41 PM
BenThatcher

The Flames did not play good enough to win! Take off the homer glasses! We were absolutely atrocious in the first period and were lucky not to be down by three or four heading into the second. The players simply weren't prepared for the game and came out with zero intensity. This team is headed nowhere fast with big, hulking defensemen that can't skate out there, guys like Warrener and Regehr are better suited to playing beer league hockey with their speed.

BenThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 03:05 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenThatcher View Post
The Flames did not play good enough to win! Take off the homer glasses! We were absolutely atrocious in the first period and were lucky not to be down by three or four heading into the second. The players simply weren't prepared for the game and came out with zero intensity. This team is headed nowhere fast with big, hulking defensemen that can't skate out there, guys like Warrener and Regehr are better suited to playing beer league hockey with their speed.
I vote you to be the new Flames GM. The Avs then offer you Patrice Brisebois and some other sorta fast guy for Robyn Regehr.

SoundwaveIsCharisma is offline   Reply With Quote