HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avalanche Recalls Guite/Richardson reassigned to Albany

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
bling

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to bling
I hope Ritchie is able to set aside his disappointment and work hard in order to get another shot soon. He has the talent and work ethic, now he needs to show the results.

Old
01-03-2007, 06:34 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coug555 View Post
Poor guy, I'd be pissed too. He thought he made it, we all thought he made it.
Hopefully he uses this frustration to help himself develop. Hopefully he goes down and tears it up. Hopefully he doesn't vent over it and end up doing nothing.

It really does suck for Richie though, he played well, Q being Q used him wrong, but the few occassions where he had talented linemates he made stuff happen. He really got a raw deal. I really dislike Q if you haven't noticed.

Old
01-03-2007, 06:35 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Wolski also said that he knows Brad is motivated by it. So hopefully Brad just uses this to get rolling.

Old
01-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan View Post
Wolski also said that he knows Brad is motivated by it. So hopefully Brad just uses this to get rolling.
That is good to hear. I was worried that it might have the opposite effect and hurt his confidence.

Old
01-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Horsehouse

Show em what your made of Richie! We don't hold anything against you, it's the coach's fault.

Old
01-03-2007, 08:22 PM
Laperriere22*

I found myself in the neighborhood with just a little time and as I've recently had this conversation with someone, I thought I'd throw my wonderfully respected observation on this particular transaction out there for all you lowly Avs fans.

Q kills young forwards. Richardson is the prime guy he's killing at the moment (although Stastny is getting close to it as well; that would be more of a PR issue for the organization which I suspect is why Richardson went down). Let me tell you a brief little tale...

Everyone knows Craig Conroy now. But what was he when he was a Blue? A skill forward forced to play a 3rd/4th line checking center role. Something which Conroy's game isn't really tailored to. Yet Q kept him in that role from start to finish while Conroy was a Blue. Magically it seems, Conroy develops into a decent offensive player as soon as he moves on (to Calgary of all places).

Richardson is easily the best of the young Avs. He has solid instincts, good speed, great shot, works his *** off, and makes plays. He should be in a 2nd line role and is definitely perfect on the PK. His awareness and offensive ability make him the only real SH threat the Avs have (had I should say). Richardson is Conroy version II.

Wolski doesn't work hard and regardless of his recent scoring prowess, he still is a defensive liability. He's benefiting from playing with Sakic and Brunette for sure. Full credit to him that he's able to produce because it's not an easy thing and he has a good shot. But Wolski is essentially a one trick pony. As I said at rookie camp, he's essentially a hot dog. As long as he's putting the puck in the net, he has value. If and when his goals dry up, he'll just be a large kid afraid of being hit that won't pass the puck.

Stastny's minutes are likely greatly decreased at this point. Of late, most games he plays with the lower lines and is on the PP. That's a direct result of his poor footwork. He's been exposed defensively on many an occasion because of it. I like Stastny's smarts and passing, but he needs to move to wing. He will not survive at center. And he's moving down the Q ****list, a list that mainly includes the very occasional vet, but mostly kids.

Svatos is the funniest of the group to me. Last year, Q sat on his minutes in spite of Svatos being the most consistent scorer the Avs had. This year, Svatos struggles and Q is definitely not going to give him any minutes to break out of it. I've seen a number of games last year and this year; Svatos doesn't look any different outside of lost confidence. If it's something else, why doesn't Q fix it and give him the minutes a top scorer would naturally get? Why force a more ineffective Hejduk down everyone's throats? Because Hejduk takes more penalties?

So again, Q kills young forwards. I warned everyone when he came here that he does it and now he's doing it. He's a great coach for vets and defensemen. He ruins young forwards and goalies. Good luck with that.

Time to go so I leave with an analogy (which I'll dedicate to Ensane): Q's coaching of young forwards is like a lesbian at a circle jerk. Clueless.

Old
01-03-2007, 08:29 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoHockeyFan View Post
Wolski on Dater's radio show just now: "Brad's definitely upset about it."
Well then when he comes back he should play his proverbial a$$ off and show the avalanche brass they made a mistake.

Old
01-03-2007, 08:36 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laperriere22's Ghost View Post
I found myself in the neighborhood with just a little time and as I've recently had this conversation with someone, I thought I'd throw my wonderfully respected observation on this particular transaction out there for all you lowly Avs fans.

Q kills young forwards. Richardson is the prime guy he's killing at the moment (although Stastny is getting close to it as well; that would be more of a PR issue for the organization which I suspect is why Richardson went down). Let me tell you a brief little tale...

Everyone knows Craig Conroy now. But what was he when he was a Blue? A skill forward forced to play a 3rd/4th line checking center role. Something which Conroy's game isn't really tailored to. Yet Q kept him in that role from start to finish while Conroy was a Blue. Magically it seems, Conroy develops into a decent offensive player as soon as he moves on (to Calgary of all places).

Richardson is easily the best of the young Avs. He has solid instincts, good speed, great shot, works his *** off, and makes plays. He should be in a 2nd line role and is definitely perfect on the PK. His awareness and offensive ability make him the only real SH threat the Avs have (had I should say). Richardson is Conroy version II.

Wolski doesn't work hard and regardless of his recent scoring prowess, he still is a defensive liability. He's benefiting from playing with Sakic and Brunette for sure. Full credit to him that he's able to produce because it's not an easy thing and he has a good shot. But Wolski is essentially a one trick pony. As I said at rookie camp, he's essentially a hot dog. As long as he's putting the puck in the net, he has value. If and when his goals dry up, he'll just be a large kid afraid of being hit that won't pass the puck.

Stastny's minutes are likely greatly decreased at this point. Of late, most games he plays with the lower lines and is on the PP. That's a direct result of his poor footwork. He's been exposed defensively on many an occasion because of it. I like Stastny's smarts and passing, but he needs to move to wing. He will not survive at center. And he's moving down the Q ****list, a list that mainly includes the very occasional vet, but mostly kids.

Svatos is the funniest of the group to me. Last year, Q sat on his minutes in spite of Svatos being the most consistent scorer the Avs had. This year, Svatos struggles and Q is definitely not going to give him any minutes to break out of it. I've seen a number of games last year and this year; Svatos doesn't look any different outside of lost confidence. If it's something else, why doesn't Q fix it and give him the minutes a top scorer would naturally get? Why force a more ineffective Hejduk down everyone's throats? Because Hejduk takes more penalties?

So again, Q kills young forwards. I warned everyone when he came here that he does it and now he's doing it. He's a great coach for vets and defensemen. He ruins young forwards and goalies. Good luck with that.

Time to go so I leave with an analogy (which I'll dedicate to Ensane): Q's coaching of young forwards is like a lesbian at a circle jerk. Clueless.
I agree with this post (it may just be my growing distaste for Q) however I'll take it a step further. Quenneville just does not seem like he knows what he is doing out there. He's handled almost every situation horribly and in my opinion has only detracted from this team. Last year he killed Aebischer this year he looks like he is on the verge of killing Theodore and Budaj.

Not to mention his love affair with Brisebois. What the hell is up with that anyways? When Leopold was healthy (for that ever so brief period of time) we had the option of finally sitting down Brisebois. However try as he might Quenneville just couldn't get over his man crush for the human turn over. He instead sat Vaananen and Klee to get Brisebois into the lineup.

Now you've got to remember that Vaananen was playing some great hockey at this point, looked like he finally got his confidence going. He was skating hard, checking, all that good stuff. So naturally Quenneville must quench that before it can really catch fire.

If the San Jose Sharks let go of Wilson I say the Avs hire him immediately. He has at least shown an ability to handle the youngsters on a roster and at the very least will at least help them develop.

I remember how happy we all were when they hired Quenneville. Now...not so much, for me at the very least. I do have to say I am nearly on the verge of hating him.

He seemingly refuses to play Svatos, doesn't like to play Richie apparently, loves Brisebois, likes to destroy the confidence of goalies. He better start doing something right.

I just hope this organization wakes up at some point, they really, really need to.

Old
01-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Bam Beet*

Quote:

Hmm, I disagree with alot of your points. Svatos started the season on the second line, then on the first line, then struggled a bit and now he's on the first line again. So he is getting some quality minutes. He just doesn't play PK. Stastny has played the second line the whole year and if getting first PP time and is averaging 17 minutes a game. Wolski is actually asserting himself much more and is a good passer as well as shooter so im not sure where you got the idea that he doesn't pass. Richie is a good player but there is no room in the top six for him and there is barely enough room on the third line for him (Arnason must be there and he is a center) so unless we move Richie to wing he almost has to play on the fourth line. You also mentioned he is a great coach for defencemen. Have you followed the Avs this season?

Old
01-03-2007, 08:38 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Well then when he comes back he should play his proverbial a$$ off and show the avalanche brass they made a mistake.
I doubt it will help. Remember the second game of the season when Richie scored those two goals to lead the Avalanche to OT against the Wild? Remember where he was the next game? That's right the fourth line.

He could score 10 points in a game, there's almost no doubt in my mind that Quenneville would still slot him in the fourth line the next game. Hell the only time he's really seen scoring line minutes is when they decide to punish one of the top line players.

Old
01-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Horsehouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
If the San Jose Sharks let go of Wilson I say the Avs hire him immediately. He has at least shown an ability to handle the youngsters on a roster and at the very least will at least help them develop.
what? don't you think that is a bit of an under-statement? maybe it's just good drafting but I don't think so when you get young guys looking like all-stars at certain times like Bernier, Pavelski, Carle, and others.

Old
01-03-2007, 09:28 PM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse house View Post
what? don't you think that is a bit of an under-statement? maybe it's just good drafting but I don't think so when you get young guys looking like all-stars at certain times like Bernier, Pavelski, Carle, and others.
One of the main reasons they have looked great is because they were actually given time to perform as well as linemates that could help them out. Not stuck with Laaksonen and whoever is left.

Old
01-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Drury_Sakic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of the Cleric View Post
One of the main reasons they have looked great is because they were actually given time to perform as well as linemates that could help them out. Not stuck with Laaksonen and whoever is left.

What else would you guys do with Richardson? He does not fit on the top lines with Sakic, Bruno, Wolski, Stastny, and Hejduk there.. You then go to the 2nd tier guys in Arnason, Turgeon(based on his play since return) and Svatos and you leave 1 spot on the top 3 lines open between Lappy, McLean, and Richardson. I was hoping he would assert himself this year as much as anyone, but baring a major breakout, he will be stuck with 4th line duty.

Old
01-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Lunachicken

Send a message via MSN to Lunachicken
This irritates me in a big way. Q has got to go.

Old
01-04-2007, 01:20 AM
rozier24

Send a message via MSN to rozier24
Everyone calm down a bit. I agree with most of the comments. Especially that Laaks should have been the one sent down. The only thing I can think of is the dont want to take the waiver risk with the trade deadline comming up. If they are setting up a trade, fine otherwise get rid of him, he is a liability.

This will probably be short term and Richie will be back after 5 games or so.

Old
01-04-2007, 05:14 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:

Q kills young forwards.
Svatos lead the Colorado last year scoring goals and he didn't even play as many games as Super Joe. He was playing very well.

This year: Wolski and Stastny both are doing very good job. Seriously, did anyone expect this kind of production (29 points in 39 games) from Stastny? I didn't. That's very well for rookie. Wolski is just starting to play, but he had slow-start I give you that.

Old
01-04-2007, 07:24 AM
chiavsfan

Lots of people on here don't watch the games.

Richardson has fallen off since his injury, and outside of a few SH goals, his game has fallen. He is on a PK unit that couldn't kill a penalty if he tried. He is not going to beat out the production of Stats, Wolski, Sakic, Hejduk, Arnason, Svatos...and others.

On the 4th line, Richardson isnt going to produce either. Q doesn't need to be fired, Laaks wasn't getting sent down because he is on a one-way contract. Get over it. Richardson will be back, hopefully better, but right now, he isn't producing the way he could, and he HAS been given chances

As for the Q killing young forwards...that must be the reason the Avs have 2, both YOUNG FORWARDS in the top 5 of rookie scoring. And as said above, Svatos last year got every chance to succeed until he got hurt.

Old
01-04-2007, 08:18 AM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Q's coaching of young forwards is like a lesbian at a circle jerk. Clueless.
No it isn't, because I feel ripped off when i pay good money to see Q's coaching.

Old
01-04-2007, 02:33 PM
Skylab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
No it isn't, because I feel ripped off when i pay good money to see Q's coaching.
so you'd pay good money to see a lesbian standing around while a bunch of guys satisfy themselves?

Old
01-04-2007, 04:55 PM
Melrose'sMullet

I think this has to do with some manuvering going on for a trade...

Old
01-04-2007, 05:07 PM
ColoradoHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet View Post
How so?

Old
01-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Bam Beet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose'sMullet View Post
I would tend to agree if we were sending down someone who was a bigger name and had more salary but Guite for Richardson is pretty much equal in terms of salary so there is not much difference.

Old
01-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylab View Post
so you'd pay good money to see a lesbian standing around while a bunch of guys satisfy themselves?
Not at the cost it takes o ship from Japan.

Old
01-05-2007, 02:20 AM
Bam Beet*

More info on Guite from the Denver Post:

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_4946164

Old
01-05-2007, 07:51 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 904
Guite is pronounced "Gee-tay". Good to know. #28.

Closed Thread