HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Another Nice Quote

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2003, 09:38 AM
Edge

vCash: 500
Another Nice Quote

Nice quote from Bridget Wentworth

Carter does not appreciate it, and if Sather thinks he can motivate Carter by talking about him negatively to the media, he's wrong.

"I'm not a big fan of calling people out in the papers," Carter said yesterday before the Rangers left for Toronto. "Around here, it seems to me that some guys get called out, and some guys don't. I'll leave that up to (reporters) to figure out why that happens.

Anyone else think that sather is already starting to lose his grip on this team as guys like carter and lundmark figure out the political games this team plays?

Old
12-02-2003, 10:13 AM
Fletch

Sather's lost control...

of two players he could give two craps about. When he starts going to the press about Leetch and Messier, then perhaps he would've lost it.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:25 AM
sickboy35

man???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Nice quote from Bridget Wentworth

Carter does not appreciate it, and if Sather thinks he can motivate Carter by talking about him negatively to the media, he's wrong.

"I'm not a big fan of calling people out in the papers," Carter said yesterday before the Rangers left for Toronto. "Around here, it seems to me that some guys get called out, and some guys don't. I'll leave that up to (reporters) to figure out why that happens.

Anyone else think that sather is already starting to lose his grip on this team as guys like carter and lundmark figure out the political games this team plays?

what did we collectivly do to deserve this jackass? i can't figure how he has this job? i've been wondering that for to long now? when will it end?

Old
12-02-2003, 10:43 AM
Larry Melnyk

Sorry, I gotta go with Sather...

on this one...Carter has been an absloute zero as a Ranger, and a whiner to boot who seems to care more about what is going on off the ice then what h'es getting paid for (to score goals)....In fact, I think sather has gone easy on this slug....

The only part where I can side with Carter is that Sather has said nothing in public about the total failure of Nedved, and that could be the favoritism he is implying...

As for Lundamrk, I've long given up hope about youth being played in NY under Sather but I gotta admitt Lundmark has done very little with the chances he has been given..

Old
12-02-2003, 10:53 AM
sickboy35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
on this one...Carter has been an absloute zero as a Ranger, and a whiner to boot who seems to care more about what is going on off the ice then what h'es getting paid for (to score goals)....In fact, I think sather has gone easy on this slug....

The only part where I can side with Carter is that Sather has said nothing in public about the total failure of Nedved, and that could be the favoritism he is implying...

As for Lundamrk, I've long given up hope about youth being played in NY under Sather but I gotta admitt Lundmark has done very little with the chances he has been given..

i will disagree on one item on that larry! lundmark is in a bad situation with this team, it seems like everyone gets away with all kinds of bad decisions on this team but the younger players! i think, when in the line up, lundmark tries to hard to do things and can't relax and play the game because every mistake he makes sather punishes him or his linemates by benching them for periods of time! it's like when your working at your job and someone looking over your shoulder! it sucks and it won't matter soon because he'll be gone and we'll have another 30something on our club anyway! if he would give the kid a little more confidence and let him learn from his mistake it think jamie could be a decent player, not a savior or a superstar, but a nice player!

Old
12-02-2003, 11:04 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickboy35
i will disagree on one item on that larry! lundmark is in a bad situation with this team, it seems like everyone gets away with all kinds of bad decisions on this team but the younger players! i think, when in the line up, lundmark tries to hard to do things and can't relax and play the game because every mistake he makes sather punishes him or his linemates by benching them for periods of time! it's like when your working at your job and someone looking over your shoulder! it sucks and it won't matter soon because he'll be gone and we'll have another 30something on our club anyway! if he would give the kid a little more confidence and let him learn from his mistake it think jamie could be a decent player, not a savior or a superstar, but a nice player!
I do agree big time that Lundmark does not have it easy...Most teams try to put youngsters in a position where they can best succeed..Sather has seemed to do the opposite with Lundmark by yo-yoing him from position to position and from line(mates) to line (mates) BUT Lundmark hasn't excelled anywhere or, except for maybe a three game stretch last year, played any consistent hockey.....Yeah, I think Sather and the Ranger philosphy is partly (maybe even mostly) to blame, but so is Lunmark because, what's that saying about lemons and lemonaide??....

Personally, I don't think Lundmark will succeed until he's back full time at C and given a chance with a skilled winger or two...I don't know if he will ever be given that chance in NY..at least under Sather.

Old
12-02-2003, 11:35 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk

I agree Larry.

Carter has nothing to stand on. He has not played one memorable game as a Ranger. This is no longer a case of starting slow. He has done nothing in New York. In fact, I find it refreshingly honest. Low played games. Muckler played games. Trotts was clueless. In his time in New York, Carter has appeared in Page Six more often than he has in the scoring column. He seems more concerned with going on TV than he does playing hockey right now. Until Anson proves something he really has nothing to complain about. Sounds to me like Sather has this guy pegged.

I understand Lundmark's side a bit more. Also, we don't know the tone in which Lundmark said what he said. We might just be adding in our feelings that Jamie is fed up with this organization. But he might not have said it that way.

IMO a player can say what he wants but when you start talking about being traded you cross a line. Bottom line, Anson, you want out, start playing better.

12-02-2003, 08:29 PM
Edge

To clarify my issue isnt with him calling out carter so much as he needs to call out about 3/4 of this team.

Old
12-03-2003, 03:23 AM
Laches

Yeah I don't really have a problem with him calling Carter out, but if he's going to call guys out in the press, he should do it to everyone who deserves it, which is about half the damn team. Carter has no right to complain about being called out for his play, but I think he has a point about Sather and his favorites, certain guys seem to be immune from criticism no matter how poorly they play.

Closed Thread