Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

Are The Bulls A Contender?

Old
01-03-2007, 10:46 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
Are The Bulls A Contender?

What do non-bulls fans think about Belleville this season?

Who are their key players?

Who would you like the most from the Bulls on your team?

Will they contend for the OHL Championship?

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

vCash: 500
Depends. How much does trading Beleskey for Parent hurt the offense, and how much does adding Parent to an already deep blueline help the defense?

(Of course this is just rumour...)

Ex Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:22 AM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
What do non-bulls fans think about Belleville this season?

Who are their key players?

Who would you like the most from the Bulls on your team?

Will they contend for the OHL Championship?

I just don't see it Bulls Fans.

First of all down the middle and maybe the whole offence is just too young.

The three OA players up front are fine but no good mixture of 19 year old forwards.

Goaltending not good enough, and if Lalande is gone a 17 & 16 yr old duo won't get you very far.

The starting 4 on defence might be alright but Pelech is very suspect in playoff hockey. The next four defence are all 16 & 17 yr olds /too young.

If Burnett was smart he would move a few out loading it for next fall keeping his roster intact going forward.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonTemplar View Post
I just don't see it Bulls Fans.

First of all down the middle and maybe the whole offence is just too young.

The three OA players up front are fine but no good mixture of 19 year old forwards.

Goaltending not good enough, and if Lalande is gone a 17 & 16 yr old duo won't get you very far.

The starting 4 on defence might be alright but Pelech is very suspect in playoff hockey. The next four defence are all 16 & 17 yr olds /too young.

If Burnett was smart he would move a few out loading it for next fall keeping his roster intact going forward.
Goaltending not good enough, what the hell r u talkin bout. We have one of the best goalies in the OHL

Old
01-04-2007, 02:40 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Oh and Pasquale has been fantastic in the 2 games so far

Old
01-04-2007, 02:41 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Depends. How much does trading Beleskey for Parent hurt the offense, and how much does adding Parent to an already deep blueline help the defense?

(Of course this is just rumour...)
Is is really a rumour, I will be jumping for joy if this happens. Beleskey wont hurt the offence that much by leaving and Parent is just what we need. Do you have source?

Old
01-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
Is is really a rumour, I will be jumping for joy if this happens. Beleskey wont hurt the offence that much by leaving and Parent is just what we need. Do you have source?
The source is all over the internet. Nothing reliable I don't think, just rumblings at the rink and on the radio.

Old
01-04-2007, 03:16 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
The source is all over the internet. Nothing reliable I don't think, just rumblings at the rink and on the radio.
Oh OK well atleast its a rumour

Old
01-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Bulls guy

Quote:
How do you figure with Beleskey leaving that won't hurt the offence? Yes he was in a goal scoring slump but was still contributing on the PP and the PK. Who is going to fill in his role Neal or Tipoff ?
The Defence has been petty solid sure thay have a few brain cramps now and then but who doesn't. I would like to see Parent in Belleville just like alot of other people but not for Beleskey. Burnett was quoted in the Belleville paper earlier this week saying that Beleskey is going nowhere.

Bulls guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 01:31 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Ya, I thought Matty was doing worst then he was. Evertime I go watch them he is terrible. I would rather have Downie anyway

Old
01-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Bulls guy

Quote:
Ya, I thought Matty was doing worst then he was. Evertime I go watch them he is terrible. I would rather have Downie anyway
How many games have you seen? Just because a player doesn't put the puck in the net doesn't make them terrible. When this kid was drafted he wasn't drafted to be a goal scorer. His game is more crash and bang if a puck goes in great. As a 15yr. old playing teir 2 he had over 100 PMs you don't see that out of a goal scorer. Then you jump from wanting Parent to Downie do you really know what you want???
Are you related to Hockey Princess?

Old
01-06-2007, 11:10 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls guy View Post
How many games have you seen? Just because a player doesn't put the puck in the net doesn't make them terrible. When this kid was drafted he wasn't drafted to be a goal scorer. His game is more crash and bang if a puck goes in great. As a 15yr. old playing teir 2 he had over 100 PMs you don't see that out of a goal scorer. Then you jump from wanting Parent to Downie do you really know what you want???
Are you related to Hockey Princess?
um I have seen 20 games this season and I dont mean he puts the puck in the net, when ever he is on the ice he makes a bonehead play. I was at a game a few weeks ago when he threw a pass right too a opponet and guy came in scored. I like Matty but he has to be more careful with the puck. Oh and I wanted Parent thats the original guy I heard rumoured and said I would like the Bulls to get him, but then I heard Downie in rumours and said I would rather have him. Hows that hard to understand. I have watched the Bulls from '95 and beside the memorial cup days this is the most potential I have seen in the team, and I feel we need to add one more weapon to our arsenault. Oh and im not related to HP GOD thats an insult

Old
01-06-2007, 03:33 PM
Bulls guy

Quote:
um I have seen 20 games this season and I dont mean he puts the puck in the net, when ever he is on the ice he makes a bonehead play. I was at a game a few weeks ago when he threw a pass right too a opponet and guy came in scored. I like Matty but he has to be more careful with the puck. Oh and I wanted Parent thats the original guy I heard rumoured and said I would like the Bulls to get him, but then I heard Downie in rumours and said I would rather have him. Hows that hard to understand. I have watched the Bulls from '95 and beside the memorial cup days this is the most potential I have seen in the team, and I feel we need to add one more weapon to our arsenault. Oh and im not related to HP GOD thats an insult
What is hard to understand is that you didn't say anyting about hearing a rumour regarding Downie. You just threw his name out saying you would rather have him.
I have season tickets for 10 years and haven't missed a game this year and have heard nothing regarding a Downie trade to Belleville this year. I know there was a possibility last year before he left windsor but not this year. Regarding Beleskey if the kid makes a bonehead play everytime he is on the ice why is he still with the team and wasn't traded earlier. I think you took in one game and that was probably his worst played.

Old
01-06-2007, 04:08 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
What is hard to understand is that you didn't say anyting about hearing a rumour regarding Downie. You just threw his name out saying you would rather have him.
I have season tickets for 10 years and haven't missed a game this year and have heard nothing regarding a Downie trade to Belleville this year. I know there was a possibility last year before he left windsor but not this year. Regarding Beleskey if the kid makes a bonehead play everytime he is on the ice why is he still with the team and wasn't traded earlier. I think you took in one game and that was probably his worst played.
No offense, but simply sitting in the stands for 10 years doesn't necessarily make you privy to inside information like potential trades.

Old
01-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Bulls guy

No offence taken. I was just stating that is a pretty name to be throwing around. The fact that the Parent for Beleskey rumour flew around the arena before the game was 10 minutes old.I am sure if their was a Downie rumour flying around their would have been a lot of other people taking about it.

Old
01-06-2007, 07:05 PM
Bulls guy

No offence taken. I was just stating that is a pretty name to be throwing around. The fact that the Parent for Beleskey rumour flew around the arena before the game was 10 minutes old.I am sure if their was a Downie rumour flying around their would have been a lot of other people talking about it.

Old
01-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Ex Storm
Dig out your soul...

Quote:
No offence taken. I was just stating that is a pretty name to be throwing around. The fact that the Parent for Beleskey rumour flew around the arena before the game was 10 minutes old.I am sure if their was a Downie rumour flying around their would have been a lot of other people taking about it.
Fair enough. And it is quite common for OHL trades/rumours to be heard about before they happen.

I'm sure a number of teams are looking into getting Downie, and I'd have to imagine Belleville, being a division leader and needing an offensive spark, is one of them.

Old
01-06-2007, 10:50 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Quote:
man i am not trying to argue, ive seen more than 1 game, I have season tickets(sharre them). In fact I went to game tonight, and the ones I dont go to I watch on tv or listen to radio. I overexagerated the Beleskey bonehead play but its just some games I go to he makes a play I dont agree with nor do people around me. As I said b4 Matty is one of my fav players, I just wish sometimes he smartened up with the puck. Also, the Downie rumour was from the Petes arena I guess according to Storm I believe she was the one that told me that, check first page it says that Downie is a name thorown around right now. I aplogize for making those comments though, dont want to fight with a fellow die hard. Oh and sit section 4 Row G seat 13

Old
01-06-2007, 10:51 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

dosnent matter anyway the Bulls probably dont have the pieces. Someon like barrie will probably get him