HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Who is your least favourite player

Old
01-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvresgyros View Post
Toss up between that coward/traitor Tucker and THE enemy Soudinne.

But leaning on that ***'s side. Sundin has always played for the enemy. Be it for the NorDicks, the Maple Leafs or TreKronor. I don't have much reason to hate Djurgårdens, but if you ask me, I cheer for Färjestads in the Elitserien (just cause Souray kicked some serious behind there).

And I'm no homophobe but did you guys ever see that Chunky's commercial he did with his mom, what a ******, in the worse sense of the word.

Ok, you might tell me he had a girlfriend, but her name was Fägerström, come on, give us a break...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DC0_q4ShCuc

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:01 AM
futurcorerock

vCash: 500
Your favorite player

futurcorerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:02 AM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvresgyros View Post
Toss up between that coward/traitor Tucker and THE enemy Soudinne.

But leaning on that ***'s side. Sundin has always played for the enemy. Be it for the NorDicks, the Maple Leafs or TreKronor. I don't have much reason to hate Djurgårdens, but if you ask me, I cheer for Färjestads in the Elitserien (just cause Souray kicked some serious behind there).

And I'm no homophobe but did you guys ever see that Chunky's commercial he did with his mom, what a ******, in the worse sense of the word.

Ok, you might tell me he had a girlfriend, but her name was Fägerström, come on, give us a break...
Leaf Lander, is that you?

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:07 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeydGV21 View Post
And what interview were Sabres fans bothering him? I missed it. (Granted I was at the game so if it was a interview during that game I never would have seen it).
It was some interview, where people could call and ask questions. There was some other player there if I remember correctly, but I don't remember who it was (could've been Malkin maybe?). No one asked the other guy any questions and every caller basically asked the same moronic thing (that's why I assume they were Buffalo fans) about the hit from Ovechkin even after he had answered it in the best way that he could.

"How do you feel about the hit now?" "Why did you hit him?" "Why did you hit him after he just cleared the puck?" "Why did you hit him when he was going for a line change?"

Why bother him with that when he's already told his side of the story, said that he thought it was a bad hit and that he deserved his GM and clearly had trouble explaining and answering in English. I felt more sorry for the kid than Briere after that. Especially because Briere was not even injured.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:12 AM
KeydGV21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroSennin View Post
It was some interview, where people could call and ask questions. There was some other player there if I remember correctly, but I don't remember who it was (could've been Malkin maybe?). No one asked the other guy any questions and every caller basically asked the same moronic thing (that's why I assume they were Buffalo fans) about the hit from Ovechkin even after he had answered it in the best way that he could.

"How do you feel about the hit now?" "Why did you hit him?" "Why did you hit him after he just cleared the puck?" "Why did you hit him when he was going for a line change?"

Why bother him with that when he's already told his side of the story, said that he thought it was a bad hit and that he deserved his GM and clearly had trouble explaining and answering in English. I felt more sorry for the kid than Briere after that. Especially because Briere was not even injured.

I recall a league sanctioned conference call with Ovechkin. A few days after the hit (it was scheduled before hand) that one of the members of the local radio station asked him a couple of times to explain why he did it. (This is where he constantly answered that it was a game, he didn’t know so on and so forth). Is this what you’re talking about by chance?

KeydGV21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:17 AM
Panopticon

Quote:
I recall a league sanctioned conference call with Ovechkin. A few days after the hit (it was scheduled before hand) that one of the members of the local radio station asked him a couple of times to explain why he did it. (This is where he constantly answered that it was a game, he didn’t know so on and so forth). Is this what you’re talking about by chance?
No I think it was definately with multiple people asking the questions over the phone. And I'm pretty sure there was some other player there as well.

It wasn't just radio or confrence call, it had a video feed as well.

Panopticon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:22 AM
jflory81
Garbo is coming

Send a message via AIM to jflory81
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerosum View Post
The ugly thing is true, but he's also a little punk. He has zero sportsmanship and thinks very highly of himself. I still remember the head tap on rozsival - i think it was rozsival - after briere scored during a sabres blowout win against the rangers. Rozsival was on his knees and briere tapped him on the head (blatantly mocking him and his team) and the Rangers just took it like they're known to do. I don't advocate violence (often), but that deserved a stick to the chops and then some.

---------
LgR
Which Sabres blowout win against the Rangers would that be last year?

The 3-1 win, the 2-1 win, or one of the two Ranger SO wins?

jflory81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:25 AM
KeydGV21

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
Which Sabres blowout win against the Rangers would that be last year?

The 3-1 win, the 2-1 win, or one of the two Ranger SO wins?
Well he didn't score in the 2-1 game and his goal in the 3-1 game tied it up... so I'm gonna go with none of the above.

Old
01-04-2007, 09:29 AM
XploD

Quote:
Or his taunt of the crowd when down 6-2... I said at the begining I think he's immature and classless. Somehow that gets overlooked because Ovechkin can do no wrong in your eyes.
Best. Move. Ever.

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:30 AM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

I love the Tucker hate on these boards.

I hated Tucker too, until he was traded to my team.

I'm sure it would be the same for everyone else.

LadyByngJeanRatelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:34 AM
KeydGV21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XploD View Post
Best. Move. Ever.
I wouldn't have had a problem in a game they are winning... or if he ties it, and likely not if that had made the score 6-4 or 6-5. But his team got ran out of the building that night in the first 11 minutes and IMO there wasn't much of a need for it.

Old
01-04-2007, 09:36 AM
KeydGV21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyByngJeanRatelle View Post

I love the Tucker hate on these boards.

I hated Tucker too, until he was traded to my team.

I'm sure it would be the same for everyone else.
I have a hard time thinking Islander fans would be ok with him...same as Sabre fans... and I'm sure several other teams (I'm not sure if he did anything specific to upset Leafs fans). I will agree however that if he hadn't tried to take out Jochen Hecht last year (among other things) that I would gladly take him, both for his skills and the edge he brings.

Old
01-04-2007, 09:42 AM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

Quote:
I have a hard time thinking Islander fans would be ok with him...same as Sabre fans... and I'm sure several other teams (I'm not sure if he did anything specific to upset Leafs fans). I will agree however that if he hadn't tried to take out Jochen Hecht last year (among other things) that I would gladly take him, both for his skills and the edge he brings.
Believe me, you see Tucker play a period for your team and it will erase all the bad memories.

For me the huge cheap shot on Steve Thomas, and the battles they had, I hated Tucker until I saw him play a couple shifts for Leafs after we got him.

He plays every shift like it's his last. He'll do absolutely anything for his team to win. Hits, fights, aggitates, scores. Yeah he'll go after star players (Bure, Gonchar), but plays with an edge every game (yeah maybe a little dirty as well).

How can you not love a player that plays like that for your team?

Old
01-04-2007, 09:43 AM
OntOilFan

Rory Fitzpatrick/Dion Phaneuf

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:45 AM
espo*

kovalchuk.

Just an arrogant,hot dogging prima donna.

Always has been,always will be.

espo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:46 AM
KeydGV21

Quote:
Believe me, you see Tucker play a period for your team and it will erase all the bad memories.

For me the huge cheap shot on Steve Thomas, and the battles they had, I hated Tucker until I saw him play a couple shifts for Leafs after we got him.

He plays every shift like it's his last. He'll do absolutely anything for his team to win. Hits, fights, aggitates, scores. Yeah he'll go after star players (Bure, Gonchar), but plays with an edge every game (yeah maybe a little dirty as well).

I'd have that image of him going after Hecht in the back of my head at all times... that's just me.

I will admit that I LOVED Barnaby when he was here in Buffalo who was the same mold of player... but he had the benefit (at least for me) of being a Sabres prospect and therefore never crossing that line against them.

Old
01-04-2007, 09:50 AM
OvechkinDomination*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottkmlps View Post
Darcy "I think with just one good year under my belt I should get $4+ mill. next season as a UFA" Tucker.
I'm actually kind've shocked. I thought every 2nd post would consist of the name Sean Avery.
Was his 28 goals not a good season last season?

You Tucker haters are funny, you all wish he was on your team.

OvechkinDomination* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:53 AM
Matsi
got paws?

First I wanna say that I also love Darcy Tucker. He's awesome.

Players I really dislike...

Dominik Hasek
Dany Heatley
Derian Hatcher
Petr Nedved
Dion Phaneuf
Martin Lapointe
Mike Ribeiro
Sean Avery
Kim Johnsson
Marcel Hossa
Marcel Goc
Ed Jovanovski
Dave Scatchard
Evgeni Malkin
Vincent Lecavalier
Trevor Linden

the list could go on...

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 09:57 AM
DeathFromAbove

Quote:

The fact he dives all the time makes me never want to see him on my team.

I don't care how good you are, if you dive on a regular basis you automatically suck.

DeathFromAbove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Borlag

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
I'll just reiteriate that you calling anyone a homer is pretty rich.

As for the taunting incident, well the score's 6-2. It shows a bit of selfishness that he thinks his goal was that important that it should shut up the crowd

And crucify him? For christ sakes, intentional or not, he could have easily put Buffalo's best player in the hospital with a broken neck. I think he can put up with a little booing.
The way I see it, his stunt with the hand on ear after that goal was there to show that he can indeed put up with a little booing. In my opinion he just showd that no matter how much people boo him, it doesn't affect his game.

As for the checking of Briere, I seriously doubt it was intentional and I'm sure that Ovechkin was happy to see Briere NOT getting injured by it. Still, the actual check was unnessessary, but still far from a being a cheapshot. Briere's spearing incident however was pure cheapshot with no excuses, especially when he did it as a retaliation. This also seems to be the opinion of many others as well, judging by the comments on this thread about Briere...

Borlag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 10:21 AM
MXD

AO gets too much love on this board. He's a very feisty player, but can actually do wrong when on the ice.

Back on the subject, I'm gonna put an 2 ex-Hab that I real glad they're gone : Marcel Hossa and Ron Hainsey. Hainsey in particular that I got reports about being a real ***** in everyday life...

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Wachovia Center

Send a message via ICQ to Wachovia Center Send a message via Yahoo to Wachovia Center
Tim Conolly... He looks exactly like the kid that lives across the street from me...

Wachovia Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Ruutu15

Ryan Smyth.
Eric Lindros ... ohh I'm a Stars Fan, but I can't stand this dumb lumbering dinosaur.

Ruutu15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 10:30 AM
CapitalPunishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruutu15 View Post
Ryan Smyth.
Eric Lindros ... ohh I'm a Stars Fan, but I can't stand this dumb lumbering dinosaur.
out of curiosity, i never get to see much edmonton games but i've always liked what i've seen from ryan smyth... what has he done to get the ire out of you?

CapitalPunishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 10:33 AM
LadyByngJeanRatelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalPunishment View Post
out of curiosity, i never get to see much edmonton games but i've always liked what i've seen from ryan smyth... what has he done to get the ire out of you?
I don't know about him but, for me....I hate his hair.