HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you take a "Flyer" on Forsberg?

Old
01-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

vCash: 500
It's hard to justify trading good assets for a guy who stands a good chance of being hurt.

Maybe I take a look at him next season as a center, but the injuries just hurt too much.

Every time he's out you now have to juggle lines and you're right back in the same boat. It's certainly doable, the question is whether or not it's what you'd really want in order to be a successful team as oppossed to an also ran.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 01:36 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

too many hypotheticals, nope.

I wouldnt be surprised if Forsberg retired after this season or next, with what they are calling a "deformed foot" now.

Its ashame.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 02:24 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

It depends on what we're giving up. If they wanna just dump him for salary and we only have to give up Malik or Kasparaitis, I'd jump on it. If they want Immonen, Pock, Prucha, Montoya, Staal, Nylander, Straka, Lundqvist, or any other notable prospects thats its a no.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 02:38 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Never

Kluivert4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 03:43 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

HELL NO.

Forsberg is the most injury prone player in the league.

The guy can't string 4 games together anymore with pulling something or spraining something. Do you really think he would last 1 or 2 hard hitting, playoff games? Not a chance.

I'll laugh at the team who trades good assets and prospects for him this March.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 11:50 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Unfortunately, we're one of many teams being short on centers. I don't think we'll be ready to pay the price when the chance comes up, because it will be costly.

Just the fact that 6(!) teams wanted Nedved shows how desperate the center situation is in many teams.
You have to think about how many teams have two or more top six centers. The Isles have three (and even Shawn Bates can play second line), Boston has three, so does Buffalo (if you count Roy) and Florida (if you count Weiss) and Toronto. Ottawa has four (two injured) and Tampa has two of the leagues top-10 or even top-5 centers. That's only the Eastern Conference.

Hell, I'd take Radek Bonk or Kris Beech for Hall or Malik. Where's Jan Hrdina? What I mean is that there are plenty of low-budget second line centers out there. We need one before we get to March and Jason Allison would be an act of desperation. The teams that sought Nedved were desperate... he couldn't hold a job in Philly.

Last edited by BobMarleyNYR: 01-05-2007 at 11:59 AM.
BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:52 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

After the season they've had for a while, I'm calling that the Flyers trade him away at the trade deadline. So far he's stated he wants to play for the Flyers still, he wants to play with Naslund again, and he wants to play in Sweden again. Considering he's like 33 and wants to do all of that, IDK what he's gonna do. He doesn't want to bail on the Flyers, but if they trade him he said he would have no problem leaving to help the team. So like I said, I'm expecting a trade deadline trade, assuming he's healthy.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 01:01 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
I have dreams of us trading Immonen and a pick for Forsberg... Him playing as our 2nd-line center alongside Shanny and Prucha... Protect him from the other teams' top d-men (who'd still have to key in on Jagr's line) so he and Shanny are free to terrorize our opponents... He stays healthy and bulldozes the Rangers to the Cup...

Not going to happen, is it?

007 is offline   Reply With Quote