HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Philadelphia Flyers @ New York Rangers - 7PM

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-05-2007, 12:27 AM
  #326
Cartman27
 
Cartman27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
but im cooler than all the others

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:40 AM
  #327
Balej20*
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 11,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
but im cooler than all the others
Well honestly, it's the black mets hat with the flag on the side that gave it away. No one else thats down there pregame has a mets hat on. I'll say hi next time I'm at a game (Jan. 11th against Ott.)

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 01:57 AM
  #328
swedishfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
the play by lundqvist - - - shows an increase in his confidence? which he seemed to be short on ever since he got injured? maybe i dunno....wins a win.

swedishfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:40 AM
  #329
lotus
Registered User
 
lotus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,091
vCash: 500
If it was any increase in his confidence, it was shot right back down to where it was after his shot was blocked Poor Henrik haha.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 06:24 AM
  #330
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
HAHA ..."LAST PLACE FLYERS...."
I was trying to figure out what people were chanting on TV, it sounded like a bunch of mumbles to me lol. Also on the broadcast you could hear a few "lets go Flyers" chants but then the loud chant of what sounded like "Flyers SUCK". Sounded like a pretty good game to be at.

Normally I would do a breakdown of what I thought was good and bad but its been covered for the most part a million times. My only thing is the Lundqvist attempt, personally it doesnt bother me to see him try that. The game only had what like 16 seconds left and what the hey, try it out I know alot of us would be going nuts had he had scored so i'll cut him a break, especially after playing well during the game.It says to me that he is having fun and judging by the teams reaction when they all skated to him, they knew it wasnt going to be an everyday occurance and didnt think it was all that big of a deal. Good game though, very well played for about 50 mins total,with the Flyers applying some pressure in spurts during the second and third. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:52 AM
  #331
BigE
Registered User
 
BigE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,476
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sather Hater View Post
He obviously made a mistake. I'm saying if he cleared the puck and scored, nobody would be complaining that "he should of covered the puck", and he could of cost the team the game (even though they were up 2 goals).

I beg to differ. Several people, including myself, would have said something regardless. It wasn't as if he had an absolutely unobstructed path, either. There was a considerable amount of traffic infront of him, which makes this case different from Hextall and Brodeur. Also, it's probably the reason why they scored and he did not.

As I said though, it's a learning process for a guy like Lundqvist. I only hope that this does not discourage him from playing the puck completely, because I felt he was effective tonight.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:58 AM
  #332
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
I had no problems with Henke attempting the empty net goal shot or the headbutting the puck.

For all the talk of Henke's inconsistency, I just find it odd that some focus on the 2 bad decisions he makes rather than the 10 good ones he made to save goals from being scored.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 11:21 AM
  #333
Sather Hater
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: NJ
Posts: 435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
I beg to differ. Several people, including myself, would have said something regardless. It wasn't as if he had an absolutely unobstructed path, either. There was a considerable amount of traffic infront of him, which makes this case different from Hextall and Brodeur. Also, it's probably the reason why they scored and he did not.

As I said though, it's a learning process for a guy like Lundqvist. I only hope that this does not discourage him from playing the puck completely, because I felt he was effective tonight.
I believe on all of Hextall's and Brodeur's goals the pucked was dumped in, and they went behind the net and got the puck, and then came out front to shoot. So they had to leave the crease stop, the puck behind the net, and come all the way back around. By the time the puck was dumped in and they came around the net, the forwards chasing the puck (who dumped the puck in skating at full speed) were just as close to them as Lundqvist last night. The main reason why they scored is that they are better puckhandling goalies. Lundqvist has gotten much better in his short time in the NHL (you can see he must be working on it in practice) but I doubt he will ever be in their league.

The only two players really close to Lundqvist when he got the puck was Ward and Tyutin. There was a crowd of players just inside the blueline standing around, and the puck came almost directly to him. He only had to move over maybe two feet to play the puck (he barely even left the crease). If he was able to shoot the puck higher he might have had a better chance. But again he might not have gotten everything into it. He had already cleared the puck the length of the ice probably close to 5 times in last nights game before the goal against. And I remember atleast one was near a Flyers head who tried knocking the puck down with his hand and missed. Why aren't you complaining about his 5 successful icings last night??

But again i'm not arguing he that he made a mistake, but there is no way anyone would have been complaining if he scored. That's like saying Hextall and Brodeur should not have done what they did, even though they scored.

Sather Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 11:34 AM
  #334
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I had no problems with Henke attempting the empty net goal shot or the headbutting the puck.

For all the talk of Henke's inconsistency, I just find it odd that some focus on the 2 bad decisions he makes rather than the 10 good ones he made to save goals from being scored.
I think some of it comes from the fact that he seems to get noticed a lot for things that make you raise your eyebrows.

Not that they are stop the presses things, but it does get noticed.

Also not saying I necessarily feel that way, but in the end Lundqvists plays will be his greatest weapon. If he can play consistently no one will care, if he struggles than it's going to get attention.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 11:58 AM
  #335
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
I think some of it comes from the fact that he seems to get noticed a lot for things that make you raise your eyebrows.

Not that they are stop the presses things, but it does get noticed.

Also not saying I necessarily feel that way, but in the end Lundqvists plays will be his greatest weapon. If he can play consistently no one will care, if he struggles than it's going to get attention.
Back in the day those things getting noticed wouldve been a welcomed surprise from the mundane sports world. Theres just no room for anyone to do anything these days without it getting criticized beyond belief. Its like he's doing these things every game by the reactions i've read.

Too many 'rules' these days, when did we get back to the 1950's?

Burn your bra !

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:51 PM
  #336
Captain11
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Upstate New York
Country: United States
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Henrik is young and will learn from his mistakes....i dont care about thehead but thing-hes having fun, and for him that means he has confidence.

Next time he'll know that when theres 3 people surrounding you maybe you shouldn't shoot the puck.

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:51 PM
  #337
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,456
vCash: 500
Lundqvist is still quite young...

He's had only one NHL season, a very successful one at that in which he also attained a gold medal. He needs to take some of his lumps early.

The situation was tough. He may've been thinking goal, but he was also thinking get this puck out of here so there isn't an offensive zone faceoff (even though the Flyers suck at faceoffs). Philly outplayed the Rangers in the third and buzzed around a bit and had their fair share of chances. Up two goals with 22 second left I think Henke didn't want to stop play.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 01:48 PM
  #338
Edge
Registered User
 
Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Sin City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,196
vCash: 500
Be honest I wasn't terribly impressed by the Rangers in this game.

Still are hurting for scoring depth and still falling off considerably in the third period.

Over the last two years anyone know what % of the goals against them have come in the final 20 minutes?

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:24 PM
  #339
g52*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I was trying to figure out what people were chanting on TV, it sounded like a bunch of mumbles to me lol. Also on the broadcast you could hear a few "lets go Flyers" chants but then the loud chant of what sounded like "Flyers SUCK". Sounded like a pretty good game to be at.

Normally I would do a breakdown of what I thought was good and bad but its been covered for the most part a million times. My only thing is the Lundqvist attempt, personally it doesnt bother me to see him try that. The game only had what like 16 seconds left and what the hey, try it out I know alot of us would be going nuts had he had scored so i'll cut him a break, especially after playing well during the game.It says to me that he is having fun and judging by the teams reaction when they all skated to him, they knew it wasnt going to be an everyday occurance and didnt think it was all that big of a deal. Good game though, very well played for about 50 mins total,with the Flyers applying some pressure in spurts during the second and third. LETS GO RANGERS!!!!
The two chants in the 3rd were " Flyers suck " and " Last Place ". There was a small " Lets Go Flyers " chant over in a section to my far left but died down quickly. There were barely and Flyers fans there to begin with. Definately less then 250 Flyers fans. I only saw about 10 of them in jerseys. Not as many showed up as it seemed like last season.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:27 PM
  #340
TrampsLikeUs
Registered User
 
TrampsLikeUs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Hohoq
Country: United States
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TrampsLikeUs
Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
The two chants in the 3rd were " Flyers suck " and " Last Place ". There was a small " Lets Go Flyers " chant over in a section to my far left but died down quickly. There were barely and Flyers fans there to begin with. Definately less then 250 Flyers fans. I only saw about 10 of them in jerseys. Not as many showed up as it seemed like last season.
There were a few guys chanting for the Eagles in the section behind me, which was just sad. Must suck to only have one team in your whole city that is worth rooting for

TrampsLikeUs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:13 PM
  #341
g52*
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hudson Valley, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,582
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansky1213 View Post
There were a few guys chanting for the Eagles in the section behind me, which was just sad. Must suck to only have one team in your whole city that is worth rooting for
Where they in section 216 or something?

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.