HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Berard???

Old
01-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Ogopogo*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanfordIsGod View Post
Now I know he is out for 3 more weeks... but do you think CBJ might be willing to give up on him for a player now. I would like the Oil to take a flyer on him... maybe for Tarnquist or Bergy... and a conditional pick. It would help THEM now and help us later. Your folks thoughts???

Mr. "I hate small town Canada" Berard. Not bloody likely. He and Lindros are cut from the same cloth. Don't need an attitude like that anywhere near Edmonton.

Ogopogo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 06:15 PM
WHAfanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmullin View Post
Yeah because when I think "who could possibly help our poor defensive play" I think of Brian Berard and his career -1323329 rating.
Well, yeah, I had this though at first, too, but then if you think about it, most (all?) of our poor defnsive play has started b/c of poor breakouts leading to giveaways leading to mad scrambles. The other way I look at it: is he better than our 6th defencemen? Yes. Will we have to give up a valueable asset? No. Is the salary hit prohibitive? No. Done.

WHAfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Zach and Slater
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnmullin View Post
Well I don't think a d-man to quarterback our PP is a priority. A priority is getting the damn puck out of our zone. The rest of it would be gravy.
True, but you have to admit a healthy Berard gives us both a QB and a d-man that can move the puck! I'm not saying I would want to do it, but if he was our only choice it isn't a bad choice to be left with. The guys I want are Gonchar and Brewer, both can move the puck well, the former can QB and isn't bad defensivly, the latter was great as part of a shutdown combo with Gator in 04, and I think getting both would totally round out our team....the key is we need St.Louis to stay down where they are and we need the Pens to fall out of the race in the East.

Zach and Slater is offline   Reply With Quote