HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who would u rather have as the Rangers tough guy?

View Poll Results: Who would u rather have as the Rangers tough guy?
Dane Byers 17 24.29%
Colton Orr 28 40.00%
Francis Lessard 11 15.71%
Dale Purinton 14 20.00%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-05-2007, 12:34 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Who would u rather have as the Rangers tough guy?

Who would u rather have as the Rangers tough guy? I voted for Byers but he aint ready yet. But realisticly id like Lessard. He is a much better skater than Orr.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:36 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Picked Lessard. Seen enough of Orr....Purinton too...Byers isn't ready..give Franny a shot.

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:40 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I dont ever want to see Purinton in a Rangers jersey ever again.

He is the face of losing.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:46 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I dont ever want to see Purinton in a Rangers jersey ever again.

He is the face of losing.
hahahahah yea agree. id like Lessard he played for the Thrashers a few years back. He cant be slower than Orr.

Old
01-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Larry Melnyk

None of the above. Plain and simple, they all svck and we don't need an enforcer for anybody except the classless Brashear...For that one game, just sign Link Gaetz from his beer league team on a one game contract...

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:56 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
None of the above. Plain and simple, they all svck and we don't need an enforcer for anybody except the classless Brashear...For that one game, just sign Link Gaetz from his beer league team on a one game contract...
so I guess u dont want Dane Byers either

Old
01-05-2007, 01:05 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
so I guess u dont want Dane Byers either
I sure as hell don't. Why the heck would I want Dane Byers, a guy who needs at least another year or more in the AHL, as another incompetent NHL enforcer right now? Let him grow into a player in the AHL for now..

Old
01-05-2007, 01:11 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
See...I'm fine with ya up until you say that...that you don't need an enforcer. Let's see how we do come playoff time with our top guys continuously being pounded. It may not stop but an enforcer always helps toughen up your team and send a message if he does his job right. The fact that you think we don't need an enforcer is beyond me

Old
01-05-2007, 01:12 AM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Don't know too much about Lessard or Byers but I know that Orr is an average fighter who is one of the worst skaters to play regular NHL hockey this season.

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 01:13 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Chris Neil

01-05-2007, 01:17 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
See...I'm fine with ya up until you say that...that you don't need an enforcer. Let's see how we do come playoff time with our top guys continuously being pounded. It may not stop but an enforcer always helps toughen up your team and send a message if he does his job right. The fact that you think we don't need an enforcer is beyond me
You mean like we were going to get pounded by the Devils and Flyers the last two games....People on here were worried and what happened?

ANd come PO time is exactly when there is no need whatsoever for an enforcer.....They are even more worthless then....Tough, gritty team hockey is what you need...and not having enought talented toughness on the top 2 lines is another story

And the fact that you blabber on and on about enforcers is beyond me, but different strokes fro different foilks..

Old
01-05-2007, 01:19 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
You mean like we were going to get pounded by the Devils and Flyers the last two games....People on here were worried and what happened?

ANd come PO time is exactly when there is no need whatsoever for an enforcer.....They are even more worthless then....Tough, gritty team hockey is what you need...and not having enought talented toughness on the top 2 lines is another story

And the fact that you blabber on and on about enforcers is beyond me, but different strokes fro different foilks..
Blabber on and on...not at all...amazing how you get your facts completely wrong. Playoff time is when a guy like Orr (not a good enforcer) will fall into trouble. But it is when effective and good enforcers shine and their teams usually excel. A tough, gritty team is already a step ahead...haven't had one of those around here for a while.

Old
01-05-2007, 01:24 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Blabber on and on...not at all...amazing how you get your facts completely wrong. Playoff time is when a guy like Orr (not a good enforcer) will fall into trouble. But it is when effective and good enforcers shine and their teams usually excel. A tough, gritty team is already a step ahead...haven't had one of those around here for a while.
And what FACTS are those?....ANd tell me about those shinning enforcers that the Canes used last year to win the Cup...Nah, forget it...

Old
01-05-2007, 01:34 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Because I didn't just say that tough teams don't need it right? Nah, forget it...

Oh yeah that's right...the Devils did have McKenzie right? They did have Oliwa? The Wings were the toughest SOB's around right? Member the broadstreet bullies? Oh we did have Kocur? Yeah. Oh and don't tell me the game has changed...there's more speed and no hooking...doesn't change the enforcers
Good point Brooklyn....I deleted my garbage...WIll agree to disagree with TBBB

Old
01-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Brooklyn Ranger

This thread is better than a sleeping pill.

Good night all.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 01:39 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Why don't you bring up Dave Schultz too? Oh wait, you did...Keep living in the past...Whatever keeps your head in the sand and your delusions running is fine...ENjoy them....
Well that's the perfect example, is it not? Broadstreet bullies as a whole are. I'm not living in the past...this is a physical sport...go ahead and show me a team that can come out and play physical and fast paced hockey every night I have no problems. This team however is not that type of team. They have NO ONE but Shanny who you cannot have fighting...who is even close to tough except for Hollweg,Orr,Jed. Hollweg-Jed are 2 of the smallest guys around. No...Orr isn't a Kocur or even a McKenzie...but for now...he's the best guy we got to play their role...

Old
01-05-2007, 02:26 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Good point Brooklyn....I deleted my garbage...WIll agree to disagree with TBBB
OK...thanks for doing so to make me look foolish...because clearly you see how incorrect your point was

Old
01-05-2007, 03:41 AM
tpb209

Quote:
Well that's the perfect example, is it not? Broadstreet bullies as a whole are. I'm not living in the past...this is a physical sport...go ahead and show me a team that can come out and play physical and fast paced hockey every night I have no problems. This team however is not that type of team. They have NO ONE but Shanny who you cannot have fighting...who is even close to tough except for Hollweg,Orr,Jed. Hollweg-Jed are 2 of the smallest guys around. No...Orr isn't a Kocur or even a McKenzie...but for now...he's the best guy we got to play their role...
I don't know about you but i have seen tyutin playing a lot more physical as of late. He has not just been throwing the hip check that people like so much. He has been taking the body and really playing a more physicaly game overall. I really like the way he is playing lately. He may not be a fighter but I have noticed him and Betts playing much more physical.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 05:56 AM
Taz

You DO realise that Byers isnt a goon/enforcer type but more Ortmeyer energy guy who will drop them and agitate.... he would get decked on a regular basis vs any average heavyweight, the guy is 190lbs

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 06:34 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Dale Purinton

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:10 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Dale Purinton- eye gouges for everyone

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 08:46 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Renney and the staff think that Colton Orr is their best option to fill that role , and I am willing to go with them on that. And if I had to fight one of those guys I certainly would rather fight any of them before Orr.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:40 AM
BigE

What, Shanahan isn't an option?

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:48 AM
TheRedressor

Seriously, can we let a guy like Byers develop into the two-way player he is supposed to become.

As for the hate on Orr, he got five games for doing the greatest thing he has done as a Ranger, SEND A MESSAGE THAT YOU CANNOT MESS WITH ANY OF OUR PLAYERS, WE WILL COME BACK AND DO THAT SAME TO YOU.

Did anybody see Hatcher take a run at Jagr last night?

Hollweg certainly gave a much bigger and meaner Ben Eager a good smacking.

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:53 AM
Nich

Iginla....

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote