HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why so much Criticism!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2003, 11:22 AM
  #1
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Why so much Criticism!

Hey guys,

I have only been on this board for a few weeks now and ive been noticing that a lot of people on this board love to critisize every little thing within the habs organization. (Ill probably get it for posting this?)

Anyways, today we all found out that ribs and komi are out for the game(maybe), and what happens everybody goes nuts here. Just relax. Its a FIVE YEAR plan, so chill and wait. If you wana critisize, do it after 4 or 5 years. There are reasons why things are being done in this organization, and i have trust in gainey.

To me it seems like you all jump over the organization for every little move that seems bad. THEY DO NOW BETTER THAN US. We have never been GM's or even done anything at thier level, so why do we critisize. We dont have the knowledge they do.

Yes, yes, i know a lot of you are gona say im an idiot and that we are just expressing our opinions, but why ruin this board and share the same opinions that you all have anyways. It makes no sense and it waist room on the board.


ANYWAYS RELAX, NO MORE CRITICISM

Mooch is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 11:34 AM
  #2
deandebean
Registered User
 
deandebean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Gatineau, câlisse
Country: uriname
Posts: 9,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey guys,

I have only been on this board for a few weeks now and ive been noticing that a lot of people on this board love to critisize every little thing within the habs organization. (Ill probably get it for posting this?)

Anyways, today we all found out that ribs and komi are out for the game(maybe), and what happens everybody goes nuts here. Just relax. Its a FIVE YEAR plan, so chill and wait. If you wana critisize, do it after 4 or 5 years. There are reasons why things are being done in this organization, and i have trust in gainey.

To me it seems like you all jump over the organization for every little move that seems bad. THEY DO NOW BETTER THAN US. We have never been GM's or even done anything at thier level, so why do we critisize. We dont have the knowledge they do.

Yes, yes, i know a lot of you are gona say im an idiot and that we are just expressing our opinions, but why ruin this board and share the same opinions that you all have anyways. It makes no sense and it waist room on the board.


ANYWAYS RELAX, NO MORE CRITICISM
Because it's the THIRD 5 year plan put up by a GM here. That's why. The Habs have been crapola since 1995. This organisation is looking like the Ballard-era Leafs.

deandebean is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 11:52 AM
  #3
Face
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Because it's the THIRD 5 year plan put up by a GM here. That's why. The Habs have been crapola since 1995. This organisation is looking like the Ballard-era Leafs.

Gainey cant fix the old promises of former GMs.

The Habs are in this hole because of horrendous drafting with their high picks in the 90's and trades that emptied the team of talent.

Once again nothing Gainey can do about that, teams dont get built overnight, basically all of the top tier teams in the NHL were awful for extended periods of time (Colorado, NJ, Dallas, Philly) with the exception being Detroit (who had that monster draft in 1989). You can see already that teams like TB, who were bad in the late 90's are finally starting to reap the rewards of high draft picks, and reasonably prudent trades.

Its going to take some time, 5 years is okay with me, so long as we end up with a team that can be competetive for a long time after.

Face is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 12:10 PM
  #4
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey guys,

I have only been on this board for a few weeks now and ive been noticing that a lot of people on this board love to critisize every little thing within the habs organization. (Ill probably get it for posting this?)

Anyways, today we all found out that ribs and komi are out for the game(maybe), and what happens everybody goes nuts here. Just relax. Its a FIVE YEAR plan, so chill and wait. If you wana critisize, do it after 4 or 5 years. There are reasons why things are being done in this organization, and i have trust in gainey.

To me it seems like you all jump over the organization for every little move that seems bad. THEY DO NOW BETTER THAN US. We have never been GM's or even done anything at thier level, so why do we critisize. We dont have the knowledge they do.

Yes, yes, i know a lot of you are gona say im an idiot and that we are just expressing our opinions, but why ruin this board and share the same opinions that you all have anyways. It makes no sense and it waist room on the board.


ANYWAYS RELAX, NO MORE CRITICISM
Hi Mooch,

Welcome to the board!

I can't speak for others but the reason I personally criticize certain decisions is because there has to be a reason behind it. Why would he sit a guy like Ribeiro tonight? I don't get it. If you're going to tell me it's because he needs to have motivation then how come we don't bench a guy like Zednik or Koivu or Juneau? Money has nothing to do with it, it's just insane.

It makes no sense and we want to know why. If a trade happens then you know it was for that reason but BG has already said that he's not planning on a move. So that means this has CJ written all over it. While I want to see CJ turn this team around, I have seen this too many times in the past 5 years to not speak my mind on it. Ever since Vigneault we have been awful and with this guy behind the bench, I see no end in sight. The press is directing their criticism to the wrong guy...they should leave Koivu alone and question the coach.

Cap

Capitano is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 12:49 PM
  #5
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey guys,

I have only been on this board for a few weeks now and ive been noticing that a lot of people on this board love to critisize every little thing within the habs organization. (Ill probably get it for posting this?)
Because many Hab fans feel Ribeiro is the second coming of Christ. Don't burst their bubble, it's more fun to watch the drama.

Habs is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 12:55 PM
  #6
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Because many Hab fans feel Ribeiro is the second coming of Christ. Don't burst their bubble, it's more fun to watch the drama.
Not quite. BUT I'd rather him play than any of the following :

Perreault
Dackell
Juneau
Sundstrom
Kilger
Langdon

Do you not agree?

Cap

Capitano is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:06 PM
  #7
Necrophile
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 555
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I have only been on this board for a few weeks now and ive been noticing that a lot of people on this board love to critisize every little thing within the habs organization. (Ill probably get it for posting this?)
Yes, you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Yes, yes, i know a lot of you are gona say im an idiot and that we are just expressing our opinions, but why ruin this board and share the same opinions that you all have anyways. It makes no sense and it waist room on the board.
You're not an idiot. But by your logic of necessary posting, there would be practically no purpose of having a board anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Ill probably get it for posting this?
You just did! :p

Don't take this too personally, Mooch.

Necrophile is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:16 PM
  #8
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
Not quite. BUT I'd rather him play than any of the following :

Perreault
Dackell
Juneau
Sundstrom
Kilger
Langdon

Do you not agree?

Cap
I don't know anymore. Ribs just doesn't impress me that much, nor do many of the forwards.

Ribs and Perrault are essentially the same type of player, and you can't sit Perrault's salary out often. Sure Ribs is more of a playmaker, but they both are lost in the defensive end. Dackell is still useful on the PK, Juneau is in the same boat as Perrault... and a sad sight to see an "A" on his jersey.

I can't stand Sundstrom, nor Kilger. I like Langdon though, he brings what he has to the game every time he plays.

I mean, if I owned this club, I would snap if I had a healthy million dollar player in the press box. May as well play the guy if I'm paying him.

It's like going to a movie, and deciding which one stinks the least.

Habs is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:18 PM
  #9
Capitano
Registered User
 
Capitano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,303
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
I don't know anymore. Ribs just doesn't impress me that much, nor do many of the forwards.

Ribs and Perrault are essentially the same type of player, and you can't sit Perrault's salary out often. Sure Ribs is more of a playmaker, but they both are lost in the defensive end. Dackell is still useful on the PK, Juneau is in the same boat as Perrault... and a sad sight to see an "A" on his jersey.

I can't stand Sundstrom, nor Kilger. I like Langdon though, he brings what he has to the game every time he plays.

I mean, if I owned this club, I would snap if I had a healthy million dollar player in the press box. May as well play the guy if I'm paying him.

It's like going to a movie, and deciding which one stinks the least.
The point is that he's benching one of his better players. The more I think about it, the more I'm beginning to believe that there are huge problems in the dressing room...

Cap

Capitano is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:28 PM
  #10
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,568
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Actually, it's almost the first time I really complained about something. Usually, I stay pretty quiet and I think I can call myself an optimistic fan.

I do not think Ribeiro is the second coming of Gretzky as I see him being able to be an effective 2nd line center IF he continue to improved like he have since last year.

That been said, I still think putting Ribeiro out (IF it happens for no reason like trades or injury or...) is a stupid way of helping this team.

I'll also add I have not said a word about Komisarek since I do think the situation is more than logic with habs organisation and I wasnt waiting for something else. He will missed somes games and it's ok for now.
____

I do agree with you that there is usually a lot of complaining here about a lot of stuff, but it is normal for a board with more than 30000 posts on the most historic franchise of hockey and the way they are doing in the last few years.


Last edited by Anksun: 12-02-2003 at 01:45 PM.
Anksun is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:35 PM
  #11
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 13,374
vCash: 500
Juneau should sit for a few games, anyone notice he rarely practices with the team anymore... sore back, so take a few wekks off man!

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 01:54 PM
  #12
FlavorFlav
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Zimbabwe
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandebean
Because it's the THIRD 5 year plan put up by a GM here. That's why. The Habs have been crapola since 1995. This organisation is looking like the Ballard-era Leafs.
You hit it on the head, my friend.

I for one am revolted each and every bloody time I hear "Hey, it's OK that we're losing again this year, we're rebuilding." Haven't we been doing that for nearly a decade? So you know what, yes IT IS OK to criticize, as far as I'm concerned.

FlavorFlav is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 02:03 PM
  #13
Native
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Montreal
Posts: 371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey guys,

I have only been on this board for a few weeks now and ive been noticing that a lot of people on this board love to critisize every little thing within the habs organization. (Ill probably get it for posting this?)

Anyways, today we all found out that ribs and komi are out for the game(maybe), and what happens everybody goes nuts here. Just relax. Its a FIVE YEAR plan, so chill and wait. If you wana critisize, do it after 4 or 5 years. There are reasons why things are being done in this organization, and i have trust in gainey.

To me it seems like you all jump over the organization for every little move that seems bad. THEY DO NOW BETTER THAN US. We have never been GM's or even done anything at thier level, so why do we critisize. We dont have the knowledge they do.
Hi Mooch, I think a large part of the criticism that you speak of comes from the undeniable passion we have for our hockey team. Perhaps, at times (or many), it is unwarranted but when you wear your heart on your sleeve, sometimes you speak without thinking objectively. It's like getting in an arguement with a loved one and blurt out something just to spite them, but quickly realize how untrue and hurtful it was.

Granted, our team has been frustrating to watch. Some criticism they certainly deserve. I think criticism in a constructive manner is beneficial to our sanity. You are correct, we aren't GM's or at their level, but we do have a board like this to express ourselves and gain a certain additional insight from others. At least I have.

I too, trust BG. I like his track record and reputation. Something we lacked at the top. I feel comforted by his calm demeanor largely because it soothes my own. After most games, I feel like I've aged a few years and wonder how many more hairs have I lost. BG has stated a number of times that he's in "absorbing" mode, trying to formulate his own opinion about our players. Cool minds prevail. I'd prefer that over the quick-draw ways of Houle.

Native is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 02:05 PM
  #14
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
To me it seems like you all jump over the organization for every little move that seems bad. THEY DO NOW BETTER THAN US. We have never been GM's or even done anything at thier level, so why do we critisize. We dont have the knowledge they do.
Yes we have!!! I got a 1st round pick and Patric Kjellberg in a fantasy hockey league for Donald Audette, now I expect nothing less from Gainey! And that 1st better be top 5!!

So yeah, some people here either expect them to make trades that are just like in FHL's while others complain about every single thing. It really is disappointing actually. This board just seems a little too negative, maybe that's why we're losing posters.

theo6060 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 07:51 PM
  #15
habsfansam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere dark...?
Country: United Nations
Posts: 660
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
Ever since Vigneault we have been awful and with this guy behind the bench, I see no end in sight.

Not quite sure if you meant that Vigneault was the beginning of the bad streak, or if it started after him...

if the former, i disagree, if the latter, i agree. vigneault was also highly criticized for how he handled players... but in his case he obviously had MUCH less to work with (eg Darby on the first line).

It isn't necessarily a bad thing to see a guy like Ribs sitting... there must be some sort of logic to it that the players understand because they all still seem to respect CJ much more than they did for Therrien or even for CJ last year. There seems to be a cycle where guys who are playing well get a night off... Perrault after a goal-scoring streak, Ribiero tonight, hainsey and hossa and markov earlier. Maybe CJ feels better sitting a guy after he's played well than after a bad string... preferring to let players play through a tough stretch and earn some R&R.

The other possibility is that he is resting guys who are not built for the rigors of a full schedule of games... he's resting young players (hossa, hainsey), and smaller guys (ribs, markov) and maybe Perrault was feeling a bit beatup?? At least we have the luxury to rotate forwards unlike our 500+ man-games lost years...

habsfansam is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 03:10 AM
  #16
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs
Because many Hab fans feel Ribeiro is the second coming of Christ. Don't burst their bubble, it's more fun to watch the drama.
hah! I couldn't help but laugh while feeling some pity for all the fans chanting Ribeiro last night. As if the powerplay was missing Ribeiro, who's spent the last few powerplays trying to look pretty, only to lose the puck and/or give up a scoring chance for the shorthanded opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
I have only been on this board for a few weeks now and ive been noticing that a lot of people on this board love to critisize every little thing within the habs organization. (Ill probably get it for posting this?)

Anyways, today we all found out that ribs and komi are out for the game(maybe), and what happens everybody goes nuts here. Just relax. Its a FIVE YEAR plan, so chill and wait. If you wana critisize, do it after 4 or 5 years. There are reasons why things are being done in this organization, and i have trust in gainey.

To me it seems like you all jump over the organization for every little move that seems bad. THEY DO NOW BETTER THAN US. We have never been GM's or even done anything at thier level, so why do we critisize. We dont have the knowledge they do.
Sometimes people do overreact, but every little part of the organization being criticized or examined is normal in my opinion. And it should be done that way. This board is fairly good when it comes to knowledgeable posters examining the reasoning behind moves within the organization, and that's more or less what the Hab board is for, right?

I disagree with the sentiment that General Managers and people in hockey in general know more than some people here. I can think of several people on this board alone that I'd rather have as Montreal's GM than a Rejean Houle, for example. There are a lot of people in hockey that don't handle their position in a professional manner. There's professionals in all walks of life that don't belong in their position, regardless of the difficulty in attaining that position.

Of course, it's always easier to play arm-chair GM, and I'm not claiming Gainey's doing a bad job, but I dislike the argument some people present that we should have blind faith in a GM simply because he's a GM.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 06:49 AM
  #17
Beatnik
Registered User
 
Beatnik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,667
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
This board just seems a little too negative, maybe that's why we're losing posters.

We must not forget that we are in December. Lots of us have exam or extra jobs and the weather is a bit depressing, we see less the sun etc.

In June i would probably not have care at all about Ribiero

Beatnik is online now  
Old
12-03-2003, 08:36 AM
  #18
theo6060
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,801
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik
We must not forget that we are in December. Lots of us have exam or extra jobs and the weather is a bit depressing, we see less the sun etc.

In June i would probably not have care at all about Ribiero
That's true, but I'm undergoing finals in college too right now. The weather isn't much of my concern since I'm only going to be here another week and a bit. Usually in June we see a drop of posters, but they come back...now it just seems we are seeing a bit of a drop in some quality posters who maybe don't like the way the board is heading.

theo6060 is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 09:26 AM
  #19
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 23,296
vCash: 3736
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooch
Hey guys,

I have only been on this board for a few weeks now and ive been noticing that a lot of people on this board love to critisize every little thing within the habs organization. (Ill probably get it for posting this?)

Anyways, today we all found out that ribs and komi are out for the game(maybe), and what happens everybody goes nuts here. Just relax. Its a FIVE YEAR plan, so chill and wait. If you wana critisize, do it after 4 or 5 years. There are reasons why things are being done in this organization, and i have trust in gainey.

To me it seems like you all jump over the organization for every little move that seems bad. THEY DO NOW BETTER THAN US. We have never been GM's or even done anything at thier level, so why do we critisize. We dont have the knowledge they do.

Yes, yes, i know a lot of you are gona say im an idiot and that we are just expressing our opinions, but why ruin this board and share the same opinions that you all have anyways. It makes no sense and it waist room on the board.


ANYWAYS RELAX, NO MORE CRITICISM
Good post , and if someone said your idiot then don't notice and put this guy on your ingore list . Hope you stay around .

Team_Spirit is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.