HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mmmm, that half-FULL glass of beer is delicious

Old
01-05-2007, 07:01 AM
eastcoasteh

vCash: 500
Mmmm, that half-FULL glass of beer is delicious

Sure we haven't been playing well much lately and last night was a clusterf@$%, but let's look at the bright side:

- 3 out of 4 points in the last 2
- The forwards are starting to score finally.
- Smytty is on FIRE
- Nedved scores in his first game
- Stoll is playing like a man possessed
- Bergeron is showing flashes of him coming out of it. (and apparently knows some jedi mind tricks, like the one he pulled on Stefan!)
- We have enough prospects and draft picks to make a trade for the d-man we so desperately covet without breaking up the core of this team.

I think it's obvious to anyone watching the Oil that all our problems are on the back-end. Pretty much what everyone pre-season said about this team is coming true. We'll miss Pronger and Spacek and will have to rely on goal scoring from our deep forward lines and solid goaltending from Rollie.

I have faith that KLowe will make the right trade and probably sooner than later. And hopefully Rollie figures it out.

HUGE GAME tonight in VanCity. They've been hot lately!

eastcoasteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 12:10 PM
GSC

After our run last season, I try to keep the faith...but it's hard to ignore reality, and it's that we're still lacking defense. I bet Lowe is waiting to make the right deal and not giving away all of our cards in one sitting, but waiting 'til the deadline won't make things better fast enough.

GSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:26 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWC11 View Post
After our run last season, I try to keep the faith...but it's hard to ignore reality, and it's that we're still lacking defense. I bet Lowe is waiting to make the right deal and not giving away all of our cards in one sitting, but waiting 'til the deadline won't make things better fast enough.

This is what we were saying last year about a goalie and it worked out just fine.

This team was dealt a killer blow over the summer in losing a franchise player. We should have expected it will take some time to fill it without making another hole.

This year the deadline is moved up... there will be even more time to make up lost ground if we can manage to tread water until then.

I'd like a Dman tomorrow too, but if we lose Torres/Horcoff than have a risk of losing both Smytty and Sykora this summer as UFA... are we much farther ahead?

We need a UFA Dman pre-deadline... and the price is dropping with every game played. I'm fine with that.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:31 PM
SCAT

You must have drank the rest of the beer in that glass..... And twenty others before it. Way to stay positive though.

Go OILERS Go!

SCAT is offline   Reply With Quote