Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

ranger rumours

Old
01-05-2007, 11:56 AM
rangerfan

vCash: 500
ranger rumours

the word around the kitchener rangers is that one of the coaches has told J-M Rizk and Kevin Henderson that one of them will be the odd man out in the overage problem in kitchener. also, Mike Duco may be involved in a trade with a young defencemen and an overager, for Petes power houses Steve Downie and Dan Ryder. If you ask me thats a mistake, and player that takes a 10-minute misconduct in a national tournament, is a head case and would jsut cause more problems than everything for the Rangers run to the Memorial Cup!!

GO RANGERS!!

rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Yeah, taking a 10 minute misconduct based on reputation really clouds your judgement. The kid wins. A lot. You want him on your team for the playoffs, trust me.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 05:32 PM
hockeyprincess

I don't believe that Jeff Twohey is going to trade them after all. Downie and Ryder are too important to the Petes and they are the only real consistent players on a rather inconsistent team. I hope that the two of them stay in Peterborough.

hockeyprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:32 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post
I don't believe that Jeff Twohey is going to trade them after all. Downie and Ryder are too important to the Petes and they are the only real consistent players on a rather inconsistent team. I hope that the two of them stay in Peterborough.
It depends on the return. If the Petes can set themselves up for a good team in 2 years, then you do it.

Old
01-06-2007, 12:05 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

The only way the Petes deal them both is if they get some 89's or 90 born players in return....But as for having the Rangers deal Rizk I'd think there should be some definite interest in him, especially from Peterborough because I can't imagine the price being high

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 12:16 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly Jimmy Snuka View Post
The only way the Petes deal them both is if they get some 89's or 90 born players in return....But as for having the Rangers deal Rizk I'd think there should be some definite interest in him, especially from Peterborough because I can't imagine the price being high
I have a feeling the Rangers will move Henderson before Rizk. My preference would be to keep Henderson, but I think he'd be more attractive to another team.

I don't think the Rangers need both Downie and Ryder -- Downie alone would be just fine.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 01:03 PM
SimonTemplar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyprincess View Post

You don't beleive it ? or is hockeyprincess going out on a limb here with a good guess.

Why would Twohey put all the GM's through this tread mill to not trade them.

Only consistent players on a team yes but a team going nowhere except to the rebuild shop.

They are moved by Monday at the latest Downie should be back in town tonight.

SimonTemplar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 07:32 PM
stormfan#20#33

if kitchener dose get downie and ryder it won't do them much not unless they get another goalie that can back them up because if i remember correctly scott dickies game went to crap in the playoffs when they won the mem cup and packwood stood on his head to bring them back because they were down against Erie, and then they played dickie and won the mem cup and they had the players to do it.

Im just trying to say that for the rangers to pull a memorial cup championship they have to go out and get another goalie.

stormfan#20#33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 07:42 PM
OHLArenaGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfan#20#33 View Post
if kitchener dose get downie and ryder it won't do them much not unless they get another goalie that can back them up because if i remember correctly scott dickies game went to crap in the playoffs when they won the mem cup and packwood stood on his head to bring them back because they were down against Erie, and then they played dickie and won the mem cup and they had the players to do it.

Im just trying to say that for the rangers to pull a memorial cup championship they have to go out and get another goalie.
I will leave the pleasure of dismantling this to another poster, but all I will say is that Kitchener's backups in the Memorial Cup year were DiRienzo and Matt Harpwood, not Packwood.

OHLArenaGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLArenaGuide View Post
I will leave the pleasure of dismantling this to another poster, but all I will say is that Kitchener's backups in the Memorial Cup year were DiRienzo and Matt Harpwood, not Packwood.
I'd like to, but even I'm getting tired of it all.

Old
01-06-2007, 10:27 PM
FearTheFlyers

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfan#20#33 View Post

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...er.php?id=4570

FearTheFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 08:10 AM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLArenaGuide View Post
It's almost too easy, but what the hell... I have the time this morning.

Quote:
i remember correctly scott dickies game went to crap in the playoffs when they won the mem cup
Wrong. Dickie had a 2.01 GAA and won 16 out of 21 games that year and played every game.

Quote:
packwood stood on his head to bring them back because they were down against Erie
Packwood was with the Junior B's in 2005 when the team was down 2-0 vs Erie. Turple was the starter that year; he went down with an injury and Pfligler played the balance of the games.

Quote:
Kitchener's goaltending is just fine. A veteran defenseman (although the young D are playing extremely well) and a good forward are the only things on Kitchener's wish list this year. I doubt Deboer will be overpaying though. That's not his style.

stormfan#20#33, please at least try to get your facts straight before you make comments. Otherwise you look like an idiot.

Old
01-07-2007, 10:00 AM
OHLArenaGuide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Girl View Post
stormfan#20#33, please at least try to get your facts straight before you make comments. Otherwise you look like an idiot.
Well done CG.

OHLArenaGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
toomanymen

Is there a reason this whole thread isn't in the sticky?

toomanymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 01:27 PM
rangerfan

ughh i just heard that Ranger Captain J-M Rizk has been traded to the ice dogs. for a 4th round pick. hopefully deBoer uses that pick to build a package to get parent or downie

Old
01-07-2007, 01:39 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan View Post
ughh i just heard that Ranger Captain J-M Rizk has been traded to the ice dogs. for a 4th round pick. hopefully deBoer uses that pick to build a package to get parent or downie
Getting a 4th rounder for an extra OA is a good return. I like JM and I think he'll bring needed leadership to the Ice Dogs.

Not sure what the ughh is about though... Kitchener kept the better of the two OA's who were on the bubble.

Old
01-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Just saw on another board, Bastien and picks to the Petes for Downie. Waiting on confirmation...

Old
01-07-2007, 01:43 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
Just saw on another board, Bastien and picks to the Petes for Downie. Waiting on confirmation...
WHAT??????????

I'll be back in a sec....

This calls for a smiley!!

Come ON confirmation!!

Old
01-07-2007, 01:50 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
WHAT??????????

I'll be back in a sec....

This calls for a smiley!!

Come ON confirmation!!
I'm sort of hoping so myself. It'll give me more opportunity to watch Steve play.

Old
01-07-2007, 01:52 PM
CharlieGirl
Flyers Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
I'm sort of hoping so myself. It'll give me more opportunity to watch Steve play.
Too bad you're not still in Guelph -- you could have made the trip over on Tuesday night!

Old
01-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Too bad you're not still in Guelph -- you could have made the trip over on Tuesday night!
I know! I'm actually going to my first Storm game of the year on Friday. I think I'll have to make at least one more trip when they play Kitchener.

Old
01-07-2007, 07:05 PM
rangerfan

Any confirmation on that yet? downie will help i guess...butt they will lose a huge part of the PK

Old
01-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Superfly Jimmy Snuka

i hope the petes get more than just bastien and picks....twohey said he wanted a deal like the Torquato deal.

Superfly Jimmy Snuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan View Post
Any confirmation on that yet? downie will help i guess...butt they will lose a huge part of the PK
I'm fairly certain Downie is more than capable of filling Bastien's penalty killing role, not to mention scoring at least 1 or 2 points per game.

Old
01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
ringetterox15

exciting the deal is final...this is awesome...storm are gonna have a full house to more parent vs. downie...i might try and get some tickets!!!im pretty excited...is this downies last year?

ringetterox15 is offline   Reply With Quote