HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mtl-Phi fantasy proposal

Old
01-05-2007, 01:52 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

vCash: 500
Mtl-Phi fantasy proposal

First of all, such a trade would never happen since I know that the Flyers would not touch to that. I just want to know what habs fans think about it.

To MTL: Jeff Carter and Joni Pitkanen

To PHI: Carey Price, Guillaume Latendresse, Ryan O'Byrne and 1st rounder

Would you be ready to part with those players? Especially with Price who's showing he'll be a great goalie in the NHL and Latendresse who's a project but who could become the next John LeClair in Philly?

To continue in my dream, let's say BG suceeds to dump Samsonov and send down Niinima.

Then he calls Barnett:

To MTL: Shane Doan

To PHO: Michael Ryder and Kyle Chipchura

Now, we have Pitkanen who's a better overall d-man than Souray and could do the job on the PP. That means we could trade Souray, Perezhogin and Dandenault for a 2nd line LW, a top 4 right-handed d-man and maybe picks or prospects depending of the quality of the players.

Higgins-Koivu-Doan
X-Carter-Kovalev
Plekanec-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Streit

Markov-Komisarek
Pitkanen-X
Bouillon-Rivet

Of course, that's all in my head and the first trade have zero chance to happen.

ChuckyToGally is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 01:56 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

These are both terrible proposals. A rental (Doan) wouldn't garner Ryder alone, let alone him PLUS a prospect.

Jeff Carter and Pitkanen at that price is WAY overpayment since it's effectively 3 first round picks (Price, O'Byrne, and the 1st) and a 2nd (Latendresse). Not to mention those players are among our top 5 or 6 prospects in the organization.

So all up you intend to trade 5 roster players, 3 first round prospects, and a first round pick for Doan (a rental), Carter (who I'm not sold on), Pitkanen, a 2nd line LW and a defenseman.

Fantasy indeed.

edit: by terrible, I mean terrible from Montreal's perspective. They throw out all the decent drafting that's been done recently.

01-05-2007, 02:03 PM
PeteLaframboise

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
These are both terrible proposals. A rental (Doan) wouldn't garner Ryder alone, let alone him PLUS a prospect.

Jeff Carter and Pitkanen at that price is WAY overpayment since it's effectively 3 first round picks (Price, O'Byrne, and the 1st) and a 2nd (Latendresse). Not to mention those players are among our top 5 or 6 prospects in the organization.

So all up you intend to trade 5 roster players, 3 first round prospects, and a first round pick for Doan (a rental), Carter (who I'm not sold on), Pitkanen, a 2nd line LW and a defenseman.

Fantasy indeed.
For the record, O'Byrne was a 3rd round pick, but both those trade are really not to Montréal's advantage.

PeteLaframboise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Habs13

No way... these are ludicriss!

Habs13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 02:58 PM
Habitants

way to trade away our future! those are not good trades, and they would never happen. carter is phi's future, and they will not move him either..

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:12 PM
Stiffler

Send a message via MSN to Stiffler
Those proposals would certainly not make Montreal a better team... Pitkanen looks like a second coming of Malakhov, all the talent in the world, but no motivation to make it to the next level. I wouldn't mind him on our team for sure, but not at that price. And I don't believe Carter is so special he is worth giving up that much. I personally wouldn't give Latendresse or Price one on one for Carter. I know, it's taboo, but I like our habs prospects better.

Stiffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:13 PM
gars59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
way to trade away our future! those are not good trades, and they would never happen. carter is phi's future, and they will not move him either..
enough said

gars59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 03:13 PM
imnothere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
I'm guessing by Carter you meant Pitkanen.

imnothere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 04:20 PM
PeteLaframboise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiffler View Post
I know, it's taboo, but I like our habs prospects better.
U should know the neighbors grass is always greener.

PeteLaframboise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 05:27 PM
habs86

vCash: 400
Send a message via MSN to habs86 Send a message via Yahoo to habs86
wow.....no future if your the GM i see

habs86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 05:29 PM
znk

wow?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 05:36 PM
EagleBelfour

EagleBelfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 05:52 PM
guest1467

how bout we trade all of our top prospects for a bunch of UFA's, sounds great to me.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 05:53 PM
LamborGREENie

With Price playing like he is playing, you might want to reconsider that...

LamborGREENie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 06:00 PM
rudethedude66

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezhogin_19 View Post
First of all, such a trade would never happen since I know that the Flyers would not touch to that. I just want to know what habs fans think about it.

To MTL: Jeff Carter and Joni Pitkanen

To PHI: Carey Price, Guillaume Latendresse, Ryan O'Byrne and 1st rounder

Would you be ready to part with those players? Especially with Price who's showing he'll be a great goalie in the NHL and Latendresse who's a project but who could become the next John LeClair in Philly?

To continue in my dream, let's say BG suceeds to dump Samsonov and send down Niinima.

Then he calls Barnett:

To MTL: Shane Doan

To PHO: Michael Ryder and Kyle Chipchura

Now, we have Pitkanen who's a better overall d-man than Souray and could do the job on the PP. That means we could trade Souray, Perezhogin and Dandenault for a 2nd line LW, a top 4 right-handed d-man and maybe picks or prospects depending of the quality of the players.

Higgins-Koivu-Doan
X-Carter-Kovalev
Plekanec-Bonk-Johnson
Bégin-Lapierre-Streit

Markov-Komisarek
Pitkanen-X
Bouillon-Rivet

Of course, that's all in my head and the first trade have zero chance to happen.
YOU SHOULD BE BANNED FOR MAKING SUCH A DUMB PROPOSAL!

rudethedude66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 06:16 PM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Awful this does not help us now or in the future.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 06:44 PM
Hawerchuk9

Terrible proposals once again

Hawerchuk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:26 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I would hope not, for Montreal's sake.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

I think I need to loosen the requirements to get on my ignore list... because reading ignorant suggestions is a waste of time.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 07:35 PM
chitownhabsfan

"Latendresse who's a project"

Since when?

In your opinion, I suppose, but not in most Habs fans.

The lad is doing just fine and is contributing. Besides, it sends a bad/poor message to all of the other players in Hamilton, bust your *** and you will get traded in your first year.

I don't think Gainey would do it for the reasons listed above and more that I can't think of.

chitownhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 09:36 PM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownhabsfan View Post
"Latendresse who's a project"

Since when?

In your opinion, I suppose, but not in most Habs fans.

The lad is doing just fine and is contributing. Besides, it sends a bad/poor message to all of the other players in Hamilton, bust your *** and you will get traded in your first year.

I don't think Gainey would do it for the reasons listed above and more that I can't think of.
Latendresse has the tools to become a power forward but he'll have to work for it. He'll be a good player. I said he was a project since we want him to be the power forward we're waiting for since a lot of time. He's a John LeClair project if you find it easier to understand. That's not bad at all. He's just not a special talent.

BTW, I should know you were going to react that way since Jesus Latendresse and Carey Brodeur are include in the deal. IMO, there's no doubt that Pitkanen is the best player right now and also probably for the future.

You might not like it. But the ones who say it's a dumb proposal are the ones who overrate our players in a ridiculous way.

Old
01-05-2007, 09:50 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Latendresse has the tools to become a power forward but he'll have to work for it. He'll be a good player. I said he was a project since we want him to be the power forward we're waiting for since a lot of time. He's a John LeClair project if you find it easier to understand. That's not bad at all. He's just not a special talent.

BTW, I should know you were going to react that way since Jesus Latendresse and Carey Brodeur are include in the deal. IMO, there's no doubt that Pitkanen is the best player right now and also probably for the future.

You might not like it. But the ones who say it's a dumb proposal are the ones who overrate our players in a ridiculous way.

Ok man here's how it works.

Carey Price is the best Prospect goaltender since Fleury...and his progression is going better than the later...

Guillaume Latendresse has potential to be a 1st line player...he should've been a top 10 pick

I see what ur thinking though

Carey + Ryan O'Byrne for Pitkanen
Latendresse and a 1st for Carter

and yes when looking at it that way it sort of makes sense. But i think the problem most of the folks here have with this trade is not that were not possibly getting Franchise players in return. Its just that we are getting rid of too much Quality depth.

I mean if u can fill your team with potential 2nd and 3rd liners all the way through to the 4th line... u have a Stacked team. Montreal seems to be headed in that direction. Think about it if Perezhogin (who if in washington would be in the same Situation as Semin) ends up being a 3rd liner for us (which i don't think will happen) imagine how stacked our team would be

I'll take that over a Brad Richards and a Wade Redden any day of the week...seeing as we're probably going to have our very own Franchise players...

its just a thought man, we have awesome depth but that depth is quality depth do u really want to get rid of that?

also after a Gold winning performance with a team that shoudln't have won... Price is kinda untouchable...

Ape Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2007, 10:32 PM
znk

Quote:

Yes...we're all wrong...you're right. Thank god you are here to make us see the light!

ps: When was the last time the Habs had a 19 year old with 8 goals 10 assists half way through a season?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2007, 01:12 AM
ChuckyToGally
Former Carey Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Yes...we're all wrong...you're right. Thank god you are here to make us see the light!

ps: When was the last time the Habs had a 19 year old with 8 goals 10 assists half way through a season?

I was just giving my opinion.

IMO = In my opinion

Old
01-06-2007, 01:25 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:

Latendresse is not a project, projects don't developp this quickly and become quality NHL players at 19 years old. I also like how you mention Pitkanen as a "better overrall" defencemen then Souray, which is a ridiculous notion. Pitkanen is weaker in every single aspect of hockey outside of stickhandling.

Ridiculous super trades back to back involving 10 players in total in the span of 2 weeks never happen and will never happen with Gainey. Especially when it makes the team weaker both at the present moment and for the future. Give it up already, you're proposals are always out of touch with reality and always involve Souray and Ryder.

Do you even realize in your proposals you successfully dump a 3 LWs to then trade Souray for a LW.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote