HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could we use a foward at the point ?

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2003, 10:00 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Could we use a foward at the point ?

Bouillon got 2:31 of ice time on the PP last game . I think it's too much for him , he's good but on the PP we need superior set of skills on the ice. I think it could be a good idea to try Bulis there ( or Komi ? 0 shifts on the PP vs Tampa ) .

Old
12-03-2003, 06:19 AM
Darz

vCash: 500
I agree we need a 4th PP point man, but truthfully there isn't a forward on the team I would personally like to see back there.

Old
12-03-2003, 06:21 AM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
I would like to see Ribeiro play on the point, with his great vision and passing skills he could run the powerplay nicely IMO

Old
12-03-2003, 06:41 AM
Dragon

There is a trade off if we put Riberio at the point. Indeed that's always a trade off if we use a forward instead of a D at the point on PP. If the forward at the point is not strong enough, there is always a big chance for the opposing team to get a 2 on 1 SH chance.

I went to the game last night. (lucky me to see Theodore got his 100th career win), Komisarek seems lost and lack of confidence out there. I know it takes time for him to build up his confidence and learn the position game. Therefore if you expect Komisarek to handle extra role is asking for too much at the moment.

Old
12-03-2003, 06:48 AM
Darz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
I would like to see Ribeiro play on the point, with his great vision and passing skills he could run the powerplay nicely IMO
I much rather see Ribiero controlling the 2nd unit from down low. He would really scare me at the point. He doesn't have the kinda shot I want to see from a point man, and like Dragon stated, if the oppisition ever breaks out on a rush, we are in deep trouble.

Closed Thread