HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

12 game point streak for Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2003, 02:48 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

vCash: 500
12 game point streak for Jagr

With 2 first period points, Jagr has extended his streak to 12 games. This is the man who was finished remember. I mean Jagr is too selfish to do this right? I mean Jagr can't possibly be the best player in the league right now, because he's european. It is also obvious that the resurgence of Jagr directly coincides with the resurgence of the caps. if the caps get back into the thick of things, jagr should be polishing his 2nd hart trophy this year.

Old
12-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Rowsdower

Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
He does seem to be turning things around quite nicely....the team however, does not seem to have made a complete 180 yet, despite surges from Jagr, Lang and Gonhcar.....I honestly don't think Jagr will be a winning a Hart because the Caps, though they probably won't stay in last place the whole year, IMO have dug to deep a hole to salvage this season, unless of course Jagr's points streak begins to coincide with a team unbeaten streak....

Old
12-02-2003, 03:02 PM
MVP

I wish you don't hype Jagr up Fish on The Sand , because i really want to see Jagr does well since i have him in my hockey pool. And eveytime you hype up a player or team, you seem to jinx them.

Old
12-02-2003, 03:08 PM
tom_servo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand
I mean Jagr is too selfish to do this right?
To do what, score points?

Old
12-02-2003, 03:13 PM
Marshall
Too right, man.

I would be very, very wary of predicting any success for the Caps, as a team. They're still very fragmented. I don't think there's any chance they contend for the last playoff spot. Love to be wrong, but it doesn't bode well, IMO.

Jagr is playing well, however.

Old
12-02-2003, 03:26 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP
I wish you don't hype Jagr up Fish on The Sand , because i really want to see Jagr does well since i have him in my hockey pool. And eveytime you hype up a player or team, you seem to jinx them.
Bob, gameover

Old
12-02-2003, 03:40 PM
Takeo

Quote:
This is the man who was finished remember. I mean Jagr is too selfish to do this right? I mean Jagr can't possibly be the best player in the league right now, because he's european.
You are absolutely correct on all fronts my friend.

Old
12-02-2003, 03:57 PM
coolhandluke2410
"BleedBlue44"

Send a message via AIM to coolhandluke2410 Send a message via Yahoo to coolhandluke2410
i think it's hilarious that people believe in jynx's and crap like that, just hilarious

Old
12-02-2003, 04:09 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue44
i think it's hilarious that people believe in jynx's and crap like that, just hilarious
You saying that as a blues fan is very strange lol.

Old
12-02-2003, 04:41 PM
PSUhockey34

Forget about Jagr's point streak in DC, Lang is the one worth mentioning

Old
12-02-2003, 05:01 PM
Master Kush

Even better is that he's now tied with Bertuzzi for 5th in scoring..

Old
12-02-2003, 05:43 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
I think the biggest reason people have been against Jagr this season is that he doesn't seem to be loyal or motivated. All these articles (and some of them seems to come directly from his mouth) about wanting to move, being unhappy/depressed etc give a poor impression of him as a professional.

Hockeyfans don't like that kind of attitude, especially when it comes from the highest paid player in the game. If he just keep his mouth shut and play on, I think fewer would react when he doesn't get one point/game.

Fedorov also has a bit of that attitude, and that is imo a big reason many dislike him.

Old
12-02-2003, 05:50 PM
Yayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
I...........kindof..........dropped him.........in my.........ya..h...o.o.......league........
Smart move. I applaud you sarcastically.

Old
12-02-2003, 05:56 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

You dropped Jagr in your yahoo league. What kind of a boneheaded move was that?? Who did you pick up? Scott Parker *imagine me backhanding you*

Old
12-02-2003, 06:54 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian
I think the biggest reason people have been against Jagr this season is that he doesn't seem to be loyal or motivated. All these articles (and some of them seems to come directly from his mouth) about wanting to move, being unhappy/depressed etc give a poor impression of him as a professional.

Hockeyfans don't like that kind of attitude, especially when it comes from the highest paid player in the game. If he just keep his mouth shut and play on, I think fewer would react when he doesn't get one point/game.

Fedorov also has a bit of that attitude, and that is imo a big reason many dislike him.
Actually, none of these articles are from his mouth. They are from reporters who claim he said it, and from Don Cherry.

Old
12-02-2003, 07:01 PM
Wingboy2999

Send a message via AIM to Wingboy2999 Send a message via Yahoo to Wingboy2999
Quote:
I...........kindof..........dropped him.........in my.........ya..h...o.o.......league........
HA!

HA!

HA!

Old
12-02-2003, 08:42 PM
stardog

Quote:
Actually, none of these articles are from his mouth. They are from reporters who claim he said it, and from Don Cherry.
None? So you've read every article posted on Jagr? Please, I have read many articles this year and in the past where he pouted, whined and *****ed. I LOVE Jags and think he is a world class talent, but dont try to dismiss his chronic attitude as if it doesn't exist.

Old
12-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Frolov

Quote:
I love being in leagues with guys like you lol.

I picked up both Sundin and Gonchar from waivers after someone like you dropped them.

Old
12-02-2003, 09:15 PM
AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar

Send a message via AIM to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar Send a message via MSN to AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar
Quote:
I'm glad someone else finally said it.

Old
12-03-2003, 05:21 AM
txpd

A Hart Trophy for Jagr? Based on what i've seen so far this year, the Caps MVP would Robert Lang. IF the Caps climbed back into the playoff race and a Washington player were considered for the Hart, it would have to go thru Lang to get there.

Only a month ago Jagr angrily told print and electronic media that 100 pts and/or a scoring title was impossible to win on a team that plays the style that the Capitals do. He was stinking it up and saying it was not his fault. Soon Jagr was being pointed by a 2pts to 1pt ratio by Lang, who was on a 100pt + pace and in the top 3 in scoring after 15 or 16 games.

Lang was proving that all of Jagr's complaints, which were believed by many Caps/Jagr supporters, were nothing more than cheap complaints.
If Lang's slacks off, Jagr's motivation for playing well slips away. Everyday that Lang makes Jagr eat his words the better it is for Jagr.

Lastly, Jagr will very likely not finish the season with the Caps no matter what. I don't think there is a hart trophy that has been awarded to a player traded during a season.

Old
12-03-2003, 06:38 AM
Voynich

Quote:
I was actively shopping Jagr in my Yahoo league for quite a bit. I was offering up Jagr and Kolzig for the likes of Hejduk and Hossa. No one bit, their loss it appears.

I've managed to pick up Fedorov, Sundin, Satan, Kovalev and Havlat off of waivers so far. I love that league, some of them have no clue what they are doing.

Closed Thread