HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Rangers - Leafs Game of the Night

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-02-2003, 04:06 PM
  #1
BruinFan42
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 561
vCash: 500
Rangers - Leafs Game of the Night

Anyone watching this game? I'm listening to it right now, its 3-3 in the 2nd period right now and theres a complete brawl breaking out! Tucker, Domi, Barnaby, Marchment, de Vries, Simon all going at each other....


Sounds like one hell of a game!

BruinFan42 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 04:09 PM
  #2
syc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Not Europe
Posts: 1,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinFan42
Anyone watching this game? I'm listening to it right now, its 3-3 in the 2nd period right now and theres a complete brawl breaking out! Tucker, Domi, Barnaby, Marchment, de Vries, Simon all going at each other....


Sounds like one hell of a game!
Lots of fights! Domi schooled Barnaby and Tucker and Devries had a draw.

syc is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 04:10 PM
  #3
SopelFan*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richard Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
Lots of fights! Domi schooled Barnaby and Tucker and Devries had a draw.
Domi didn't "school" Barnaby.

SopelFan* is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 04:10 PM
  #4
oildrop
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
Lots of fights! Domi schooled Barnaby and Tucker and Devries had a draw.
And Simon schooled Marchment.

oildrop is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 04:12 PM
  #5
SopelFan*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Richard Park
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,239
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SopelFan*
Quote:
Originally Posted by oildrop
And Simon schooled Marchment.
No wonder Marchment doesn't fight. He just got worked twice.

SopelFan* is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 04:12 PM
  #6
loveshack2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old School
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Tucker, DeVries, and Simon I think all with Game Misconducts.

loveshack2 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 04:16 PM
  #7
TelperiŽn
Registered User
 
TelperiŽn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away
Country: England
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 500
Sounds like a typical Leafs game.

Leaf fans, I mean it in the nicest way possible...

TelperiŽn is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 04:21 PM
  #8
loveshack2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old School
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlyaK17
Sounds like a typical Leafs game.

Leaf fans, I mean it in the nicest way possible...
I wish all Leaf games were this exciting

Owen Nolan makes it 4-3!

loveshack2 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 04:23 PM
  #9
Theoren Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Messier down

Theoren Fan is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 04:25 PM
  #10
TelperiŽn
Registered User
 
TelperiŽn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away
Country: England
Posts: 1,290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
I wish all Leaf games were this exciting

Owen Nolan makes it 4-3!
Does anyone remember the Leafs-Devils game 1 or 2 years ago? 4 players from each team ended up in the penalty box (8 in total), something like 3 players ejected... yeah.

And of course, there was last year, Leafs-Sens (grr... stupid Leafs :mad: ). It kinda erupted into a brawl. -- Okay, I'm stopping right here before I start a whole debate on this thing.

TelperiŽn is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 05:00 PM
  #11
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
NY Rangers kneeling - 2 min 3:53, E. Lindros

Kneeling? Is that like diving but you can't flop on the ice?

 
Old
12-02-2003, 05:07 PM
  #12
loveshack2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Old School
Country: Tokelau
Posts: 3,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
NY Rangers kneeling - 2 min 3:53, E. Lindros

Kneeling? Is that like diving but you can't flop on the ice?
lol. Must be a misprint, I believe the call was "kneeing". He hit Reichel knee on knee at the blueline.

loveshack2 is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 05:26 PM
  #13
think-blue-
Registered User
 
think-blue-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,159
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Domi didn't "school" Barnaby.
Whatever you want to call it, Domi beat the crap out of him. Twice.

think-blue- is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 05:30 PM
  #14
syc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Not Europe
Posts: 1,961
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Domi didn't "school" Barnaby.
Sorry Domi kicked the **i* out of Barnaby.

syc is offline  
Old
12-02-2003, 05:44 PM
  #15
thestonedkoala
Guest
 
Country:
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveshack2
lol. Must be a misprint, I believe the call was "kneeing". He hit Reichel knee on knee at the blueline.
HEY! That linesman should get kneeing too for putting that nasty hit on Messier...

Could you just see that?

Domi: Why are you in here?

Linesman: I kneed Messier...

Domi: Good job, but you should move yourself up to someone like Kovalev. Messier is kind of slow...

 
Old
12-02-2003, 05:48 PM
  #16
Trottier
Very Random
 
Trottier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 27,568
vCash: 500
With all the complaining that goes on about the "wretched" NHL game, good to note a superb entertaining battle. Old time hockey. Scoring chances, solid clean hitting, fights with a purpose (payback).

Owen Nolan is back and making the Leafs look smarter by the day for that deal.

Trottier is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 04:11 AM
  #17
Davisian
Registered User
 
Davisian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Endicott
Posts: 6,074
vCash: 500
I think next time they should do a dosey-do and switch partners..

Domi did indeed wipe the floor with Barnaby.. Twice.. But it's fine as Barnaby's still more than willing, and I'm sure he and Domi will have many more.. And Marchment's sooooo lucky Simon was held by Domi, or he'd be looking through slits with a packed nose right now..

Should've been,

Domi-Simon

Tucker-Barnaby

Marchment-deVries

Tune in next game for some good time hockey..

As I said in on the Ranger boards, the refs sucked but the Rangers D was worse.. All that heart up front needs to be backed up on the blueline, and if you're going to use your team toughnes the right way, you've GOT to kill penalties better than that..

Good stuff, good warmup for the Isles..

Davisian is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 04:20 AM
  #18
Big Bill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Land of milk & honey
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Big Bill Send a message via MSN to Big Bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
I think next time they should do a dosey-do and switch partners..

Domi did indeed wipe the floor with Barnaby.. Twice.. But it's fine as Barnaby's still more than willing, and I'm sure he and Domi will have many more.. And Marchment's sooooo lucky Simon was held by Domi, or he'd be looking through slits with a packed nose right now..

Should've been,

Domi-Simon

Tucker-Barnaby

Marchment-deVries

Tune in next game for some good time hockey..

As I said in on the Ranger boards, the refs sucked but the Rangers D was worse.. All that heart up front needs to be backed up on the blueline, and if you're going to use your team toughnes the right way, you've GOT to kill penalties better than that..

Good stuff, good warmup for the Isles..
Poti cost us big time all by himself! That one Nolan goal was horrific. I see the pick by Stajan, but Poti was already playing catchup to Nolan. He was AWFUL last night.

Big Bill is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 04:48 AM
  #19
RANGERDIEHARD
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bill
Poti cost us big time all by himself! That one Nolan goal was horrific. I see the pick by Stajan, but Poti was already playing catchup to Nolan. He was AWFUL last night.
yeah great entertaining game - too bad the NHL doesn't like to see this kind of stuff cause it "paints a bad picture for hockey". The Rangers got jobbed by the refs in a 3-3 tie when the fights broke out. These kinds of garbage calls are the reason why the NHL has become so boring and 9 out of 10 games are non-eventful.

RANGERDIEHARD is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 08:16 AM
  #20
ihatenewjersey
Registered User
 
ihatenewjersey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: dirty jersey / NEW YORK RANGERS FOR LIFE
Posts: 803
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SopelFan
Domi didn't "school" Barnaby.
barney def. got beat twice i would say

ihatenewjersey is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 08:30 AM
  #21
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,780
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenewjersey
barney def. got beat twice i would say

I don't think that Barnaby won either fight. At the same time I don't think that really makes a different. Barnaby goes into 98% of his fights knowing he's not going to win. The crazy *******.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Old
12-03-2003, 08:47 AM
  #22
JR#9*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 7,733
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeofWindsor
Yes when Chris Neil spit at a Leaf player, Green I believe. Then Tucker attacked the bench and Neil did not throw a punch at him until the linesmen had Darcy tied up.
Stop with the whining about poor little Darcy who is amoung the biggest sc%^&ags in the game if not the biggest.The guy plays dirty and when people respond in kind against him people whine.


Last edited by JR#9*: 12-03-2003 at 09:18 AM.
JR#9* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.