HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wonder How Weeks Is Doing?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-07-2007, 12:09 PM
  #26
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,215
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
Maybe a late round pick, if that excites you.
No, it doesn't excite me, and there's no need for the sarcasm man. I'm just saying that there are plenty of other teams that would love to have Kevin Weekes as a backup goaltender. Nothing more, nothing less.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 02:14 AM
  #27
swedishfish
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 51
vCash: 500
he can't feel any worse than scott clemmensen

swedishfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 03:54 AM
  #28
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Im guessing Weekes next game will be at home against the Bruins on the 13th. Lundqvist should play against the Islanders on Tuesday and then the Sens the next game.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:47 AM
  #29
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,556
vCash: 500
Weekes has played around 1/4th of the Rangers games so far. That's not too shabby for a backup.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 06:35 AM
  #30
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Not really sure sure why there is a so much negativity by some towards Weekes, seems like every other day someone's looking to trade him. I do see him coming back next season. He seems to be content with his role, and the is obvious he's well liked by the team, by the way they all interact after a game. He may be a little pricey for a backup, but he's done alot for us this season on and off the ice, despite a few bad goals. You want some cap space? Trade Jagr

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 06:49 AM
  #31
NYR469
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 5,785
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
Not really sure sure why there is a so much negativity by some towards Weekes, seems like every other day someone's looking to trade him. I do see him coming back next season. He seems to be content with his role, and the is obvious he's well liked by the team, by the way they all interact after a game. He may be a little pricey for a backup, but he's done alot for us this season on and off the ice, despite a few bad goals. You want some cap space? Trade Jagr
of course some people just don't like him and want him gone, and the cap space is another issue, but i think a large part of the 'deal weekes' stuff is due to the believe that when he's on his game he's one of the top backups in the league and for some of the teams that are getting horrible goaltending he might be better than either guy they have right now...and if you can find a team that believes that then he might have some value to that team. not many people are suggesting releasing weekes or dumping him for a late round pick. but rather see if you can move him for something of value...

and another HUGE reason has little to do with weekes and everything to do with montoya. many people think that weekes is starting to block montoya and therefore nothing personal against weekes but he should be moved to make room for al

NYR469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 09:24 AM
  #32
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldercup0 View Post
Unless Montoya continues to play solid the rest of the regular season, I doubt he'll be in New York next season. He had one good week, and all of a sudden a bunch of people think that he is ready to play in the NHL.
I think it's fair to speculate that Montoya could replace Weekes next year. Obviously, it depends how things pan out for both of them over the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs, but it's hardly out of the realm of possibility.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 01:24 PM
  #33
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 24,215
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469 View Post
and another HUGE reason has little to do with weekes and everything to do with montoya. many people think that weekes is starting to block montoya and therefore nothing personal against weekes but he should be moved to make room for al
I'm all for youth getting a shot, but Montoya has done little to show me that's he's ready for the show. Does Kevin Weekes drive you crazy with his inconsistency? Be prepared for even more of the same if you call Montoya up now. He's had one great week in the AHL, while the rest of the time he has struggled with inconsistent play and tons of minor injuries. If we're playing to win this season, there is absolutely NO reason to play Monty over Weekes. Al Montoya simply hasn't show he's ready.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:29 PM
  #34
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I'm all for youth getting a shot, but Montoya has done little to show me that's he's ready for the show. Does Kevin Weekes drive you crazy with his inconsistency? Be prepared for even more of the same if you call Montoya up now. He's had one great week in the AHL, while the rest of the time he has struggled with inconsistent play and tons of minor injuries. If we're playing to win this season, there is absolutely NO reason to play Monty over Weekes. Al Montoya simply hasn't show he's ready.
I'm with you. I haven't see Montoya do anything special for all the talk of him being almost NHL ready. Personally, I thought he was outshown by Valiquette in preseason.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:34 PM
  #35
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,871
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheresBarnaby View Post
I'm with you. I haven't see Montoya do anything special for all the talk of him being almost NHL ready. Personally, I thought he was outshown by Valiquette in preseason.
Valiquette is garbage, talk about inconsistent.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 05:40 PM
  #36
WheresBarnaby
Registered User
 
WheresBarnaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Valiquette is garbage, talk about inconsistent.
I don't disagree. I wouldn't want him either, I'm happy with Weekes.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 06:15 PM
  #37
caldercup0
Registered User
 
caldercup0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Hartford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 721
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to caldercup0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Valiquette is garbage, talk about inconsistent.
Montoya has been BY FAR more inconsistent than Valiquette this season.

caldercup0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2007, 07:33 PM
  #38
in the hall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg in MA View Post
Just ten? I got sixteen for ya.

58 KEVIN WEEKES NYR 13 289 .881 4 6 2 0 39 3.21 328 0 0 0 728:30
59 J-SEBASTIEN AUBIN TOR 13 251 .881 2 4 2 0 34 3.45 285 0 0 0 591:42
60 MAREK SCHWARZ STL 2 22 .880 0 1 0 0 3 3.00 25 0 0 0 60:03
61 MARC DENIS TBL 26 546 .878 9 12 2 2 76 3.15 622 1 0 0 1,447:51
62 JUSSI MARKKANEN EDM 9 137 .878 3 3 0 0 19 2.95 156 0 0 0 386:19
63 SCOTT CLEMMENSEN NJD 3 65 .878 0 1 1 0 9 3.60 74 0 0 0 149:54
64 MICHAEL WALL ANA 4 71 .877 2 2 0 0 10 2.97 81 0 0 1 201:42
65 ROBERT ESCHE PHI 12 297 .876 5 5 0 2 42 4.29 339 1 0 2 587:57
66 DANY SABOURIN VAN 5 82 .872 0 3 0 0 12 3.08 94 0 0 0 233:34
67 HANNU TOIVONEN BOS 10 227 .870 2 5 0 0 34 4.31 261 0 0 0 472:41
68 DAN CLOUTIER LAK 24 523 .860 6 14 2 21 85 3.98 608 0 0 1 1,281:17
69 JOEY MACDONALD DET 4 84 .857 0 2 1 0 14 3.67 98 0 0 0 229:26
70 TY CONKLIN CBJ 3 30 .857 0 0 1 0 5 2.59 35 0 0 0 116:01
71 PHILIPPE SAUVE BOS 2 19 .826 0 0 0 0 4 5.85 23 0 0 0 41:22
72 MICHAEL LEIGHTON NSH 1 8 .800 0 0 0 0 2 6.00 10 0 0 0 19:47
73 MICHAEL MORRISON PHX 4 49 .790 0 3 0 0 13 6.14 62 0 0 0 127:12
74 MARTIN HOULE PHI 1 2 .667 0 0 0 0 1 30.00 3 0 0 0 2:12
they all suck

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.