HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Notices

GDT 1/07/07 TB @ Pitts.

Closed Thread

Old
01-07-2007, 09:19 PM
OptimismRestrainer

vCash: 500
Sick move by Marty. Just disgustingly sick. That wasn't even fair.

Old
01-07-2007, 09:21 PM
NickHanson

Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
Sick move by Marty. Just disgustingly sick. That wasn't even fair.
Yup! Don't think I've ever seen someone score by actually CONFUSING the goaltender with a never-before-seen move!

Old
01-07-2007, 09:22 PM
NickHanson

Send a message via AIM to NickHanson
Marty #1 star

Old
01-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8237
Awards:
Gotta love Marty...

01-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Maria

Vinny better score on Tuesday

Old
01-07-2007, 09:30 PM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by The XO Sniper View Post
Wow, Malkin isn't big on effort when it comes to shootouts I guess.

MARTY I haven't seen a shootout shot that great.
I have, but Marty's was just as clever. The other was a shot in November against Khabi The other guy didn't completely turn away like Marty did. That move was insane, and funny. He just shoved it right past Fleury!

At least when it comes to shootouts I'm never really scared that we'll lose, especially when we have Holmqvist. He hasn't been scored on in a shootout according to sun sports.

Old
01-07-2007, 09:52 PM
jinx33
Restless

Send a message via MSN to jinx33 Send a message via Skype™ to jinx33
Nice win folks, trust me this team making me mad with one of the top duo of the league this season, but i do love Vince's game and St Louis's speed. Great offense and a such good physical presence, be happy to be one of our "black beast" in the league right now (even if the Pens was used to be beat by almost all the teams). Great move by St Louis on the Shootout, i think Fleury will keep it in mind. I was smiling when Holmqvist stopped the Christensen shot and his special move, he was surprised i think he did know it. Crosby sucks on SO, and Malkin is way to hungry and never focus on that part, cya monday and i hope that will be a great game like tonight, but with a better puck control by the Pens.

Old
01-07-2007, 11:20 PM
EbencoyE

Reechi's goal was a joke. The refs saw it and disallowed it RIGHT AWAY. There was no conclusive evidence to overturn it.

This happened before this season. Some how the league offices can apparently read the minds of the players and they know CONCLUSIVELY that the player was trying to kick it in (or in this case, not trying).

It's amazing that even Toronto can't be consistent on their calls. It was bad enough when it was just the on-ice officials that were horrible.

Old
01-07-2007, 11:29 PM
Ironman18

Send a message via AIM to Ironman18 Send a message via Yahoo to Ironman18
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbencoyE View Post
Reechi's goal was a joke. The refs saw it and disallowed it RIGHT AWAY. There was no conclusive evidence to overturn it.

This happened before this season. Some how the league offices can apparently read the minds of the players and they know CONCLUSIVELY that the player was trying to kick it in (or in this case, not trying).

It's amazing that even Toronto can't be consistent on their calls. It was bad enough when it was just the on-ice officials that were horrible.
Hit Sarich's skate after Recchi's.

Old
01-07-2007, 11:46 PM
Hockeyfan02

The rulebook states it can't hit any part of the opposing player's equipment except for the blade of his stick and be called a good goal. I couldn't figure out if Recchi had kicked the puck before it hit Sarich's skate. If Recchi kicked the puck and it hit off Sarich's skate then it shouldn't have counted. If they determined Recchi did not kick the puck then they made the right call in overruling the decision(I have a feeling this is what they ruled). If they called it a good goal because it hit off Sarich's skate then they made the wrong call. An explanation of why goals are allowed/disallowed would be nice, considering this is done in the NFL after reviews I can't see why they don't explain their reasons. It would make things a lot easier.

Quote:
# A kicked puck that deflects off the body of any player of either team (including the goalkeeper) shall be ruled NO GOAL.

# A kicked puck that deflects off ANY stick (excluding the goalkeeper's stick) shall be ruled a GOOD GOAL. After the puck has been kicked, makes contact with any stick and then deflects off any player (excluding the goalkeeper) and into the net will still be ruled a GOOD GOAL.
http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule70.html

Old
01-08-2007, 05:55 AM
OptimismRestrainer

Perrin's no goal earlier this season was alot less obvious to me than this one. To me, it was an obvious no goal and I have been pretty non biased when it comes to reviews. But the fact that it was called off right away and then overturned is what pisses me off because there is no way Toronto could have concluded conclusively that the ref (who was standing a couple of feet away) made the wrong call on the ice. Couple that with the fact that whenever we have a review it is always ruled against us just makes me all the more angry. The Pens stole a point last night that they shouldn't have had.

I will add that Pratt should have never taken the penalty to begin with. This doesn't make the reversal the right call but we shouldn't have been killing a penalty that late in the game to begin with.

Old
01-08-2007, 06:06 AM
Tokala

I was happy with a win that they had to struggle through to get the 2 points. maybe they'll remember that they need to play that way every game.

I also bet every vbuck that I had on them last night and they finally came through with a win. I doubled my fun money.

Old
01-08-2007, 08:25 AM
IcePalace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
The rulebook states it can't hit any part of the opposing player's equipment except for the blade of his stick and be called a good goal. I couldn't figure out if Recchi had kicked the puck before it hit Sarich's skate. If Recchi kicked the puck and it hit off Sarich's skate then it shouldn't have counted. If they determined Recchi did not kick the puck then they made the right call in overruling the decision(I have a feeling this is what they ruled). If they called it a good goal because it hit off Sarich's skate then they made the wrong call. An explanation of why goals are allowed/disallowed would be nice, considering this is done in the NFL after reviews I can't see why they don't explain their reasons. It would make things a lot easier.

http://www.nhl.com/hockeyu/rulebook/rule70.html
That's definitely true. If you're going to have only five people with the same feeds we have, you should at least explain your reasoning.

Last edited by IcePalace: 01-08-2007 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Somehow used 'your' instead of "you're"!
Old
01-08-2007, 10:30 AM
SarahCrash

why the debate? the rule book spills it out plain and simple.

Closed Thread