HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn & A CPA Question

Old
01-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Habs13

vCash: 500
Andrei Kostitsyn & A CPA Question

The team has been struck by the flu and a lot of guys are out. Radek Bonk is out with an ear injury so why is Andrei Kostitsyn NOT with the Habs? Is he sick or injured? Is there a reason he can't be called up? Surely Kostitsyn is a better option than Niinimaa as a forward!

I understand Murray has the flu, does Downey too?

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 03:09 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I don't think Carbo was too blown away with Kostitsyn the last time he was up, which probably explains why Lapierre and Grabovski had priority. Although I think now if we suffer any more injuries and illnesses, he won't have any choice but to call him up.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 03:17 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

There are only so many roster spots. One of the two of Lapierre and Grabovsky is already up on emergency recall, since we have 24 active players currently. I don't know how it works, but there's no room for AK I don't think.

I haven't read anything about Downey being sick, I assumed he wasn't playing because he sucks.

01-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Habs13

Well now that Bonk could be out, could we call somebody up? And is there a way to safley call up guys that need to clear waivers? I don't think there is but I know theres some folks on here that know the CBA pretty well.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs13 View Post
Well now that Bonk could be out, could we call somebody up? And is there a way to safley call up guys that need to clear waivers? I don't think there is but I know theres some folks on here that know the CBA pretty well.
Unless Bonk goes on IR (unlikely unless his ear was damaged) there isn't another roster spot. I'm gonna see if I can read up on the emergency recall procedure later today.

coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

I don't see the need. Today the Habs have 5 out of 12 forwards with less than 2 seasons experience. Add Plekanec and it's an even 50% of the starting line-up.

Also, I think Lapierre and Grabovski are ahead of Kostitsyn just by virtue of their Centerhood. Latendresse is fighting to dislodge one of the top 6 forwards already. I just don't see any room.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote