HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

. . . and what do the neh sayers have to say now!

Old
01-07-2007, 04:58 PM
habitforming

vCash: 500
Early December while things were going great, I suggested a trade is going to happen, but individuals were saying for players ie Samsonov needed time to adjust to the system.

Well this isn't only about him. Many are underachieving and Bob will play trade and who will disagree with that now.

I'm not saying the whole team has to be dismantled because of this loosing streak lately, this has been on the wall for a while.

We have no second line scoring.

Who hasn't scored - easier question is who has scored, that way you don't have to remember as many players.

I still predict the following may are obviously in a position to be gone to make room for more impact players.

Samsonov
Kovalev
Ryder
Rivet
Souray
Bonk
Perezhogin
Plekanecs
Abeischer
Ninimaa

NOT ALL of course will be gone, but there will be a combination of one or two players and maybe some prospects for a top player or two to come in here.

The hunt will obviously be for a top 2nd line Center and possible a top 3rd line player. However, Bob may just go after the Center and top defenseman.

I'm not just saying this because of their skid . . . I've been saying this all along.
The last 5 on 5 goal was in TB and that was an empty netter. Need anything else be said.

Now if you want to bash what I've said, well I can't stop that now can I . . .

Last edited by habitforming: 01-07-2007 at 06:06 PM.
habitforming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:01 PM
znk

I told you so threads are a big no no.
You're just exposing your self....
BAD IDEA.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:01 PM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitforming View Post
I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Early December while things were going great, I suggested a trade is going to happen
Thanks for reminding us you were wrong.

Mike8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:02 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
We have no any line scoring.

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:04 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I told you so threads are a big no no.
You're just exposing your self....
BAD IDEA.
your right - shouldn't have done that . . .

Old
01-07-2007, 05:06 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
We have no any line scoring.
I know . . . how does something so critical - get fixed at this time of the season. It has gone on for the majority of the time

Old
01-07-2007, 05:08 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Thanks for reminding us you were wrong.

Well you know what, can't start a thread like this and not be able to be pot-shotted at - so I'm a big boy - no worries.

Old
01-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. (Well - ok a few of you have said the same thing . . . but not many.

Early December while things were going great, I suggested a trade is going to happen, but individuals were saying for players ie Samsonov needed time to adjust to the system.

Well this isn't only about him. Many are underachieving and Bob will play trade and who will disagree with that now.

I'm not saying the whole team has to be dismantled because of this loosing streak lately, this has been on the wall for a while.

Who hasn't scored - easier question is who has scored, that way you don't have to remember as many players.

I still predict the following may are obviously in a position to be gone to make room for more impact players.

Samsonov
Kovalev
Ryder
Rivet
Souray
Bonk
Perezhogin
Plekanecs
Abeischer
Ninimaa

NOT ALL of course will be gone, but there will be a combination of one or two players and maybe some prospects for a top player or two to come in here.

The hunt will obviously be for a top 2nd line Center and possible a top 3rd line player. However, Bob may just go after the Center and top defenseman.

I'm not just saying this because of their skid . . . I've been saying this all along.
The last 5 on 5 goal was in TB and that was an empty netter. Need anything else be said.

Like an over-inflated hot air balloon.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:10 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Well, every team goes through slumps, and you also have to factor in the fact that the team is sick. If we were going through this losing streak 100% healthy, I would be more worried. But if you check the topic LesHabsRock (I believe) made about putting things in perspective, you'd see that other teams better than us have gone through worse. I mean, if anybody here honestly expected us to not go through a rough patch for all 82 games, they were only kidding themselves.

At the moment, I wouldn't make any moves. Wait and see how the team reacts when they're healthy and gauge it was we closer to the deadline. We've still got our problems (and we've had them all season long like you said, not just during this skid) but I'd wait and see how they play when they're all 100%, which is what I'm sure Gainey will do.

Old
01-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. (Well - ok a few of you have said the same thing . . . but not many.

Samsonov
Kovalev
Ryder
Rivet
Souray
Bonk
Perezhogin
Plekanecs
Abeischer
Ninimaa

You sound like an over-inflated but leaking hot air balloon. You've contributed no interesting ideas, just blah blah generalities.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:16 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
You sound like an over-inflated but leaking hot air balloon. You've contributed no interesting ideas, just blah blah generalities.

Then you must be my suppler of hot air for you to take precious time out of your busy day to post a comment.

I am humbled by your contributing words of wisdom.

Old
01-07-2007, 05:20 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Early December while things were going great, I suggested a trade is going to happen, but individuals were saying for players ie Samsonov needed time to adjust to the system.. . .
Maybe you should apply for the GM's job

Westcoasthabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:23 PM
As the Glorious Weep

The bandwagon is just too heavy for the Habs players to carry. Thanks for lightening the load.

As the Glorious Weep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:23 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Maybe you should apply for the GM's job

Why would I do that when I have people as knowledgeable as yourself way ahead of me.

Old
01-07-2007, 05:26 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep View Post
The bandwagon is just too heavy for the Habs players to carry. Thanks for lightening the load.
Great feed back. However, if you take a moment to not be as sarcastic this thread was about exchanging ideas and ideas only.

But then again this is a board and is easy to just redicule someone going out to just and put something down.

Old
01-07-2007, 05:27 PM
#44_delivers

but there havnt been any trades yet so you don't even reserve the right to say i tolled you so...

also by naming half the team as possible trade equities so you can come back and say i tolled you so later doesnt work.

my belief is if we keep playing poorly we will trade right away, if we pick it back up withing a few games no ones getting traded until the trade deadline..

by the way if that happens i wont come back and say i tolled you so.

anyways no diss to you, and as you said your a big boy that can take.

us habs fans are the most critical of there team than any other fans and i don't believe it's a bad thing,

peace

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:28 PM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Great feed back. However, if you take a moment to not be as sarcastic this thread was about exchanging ideas and ideas only.

But then again this is a board and is easy to just redicule someone going out to just and put something down.
that's ironic if you look at your thread title.

Old
01-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Ni.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:29 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Well you know what, can't start a thread like this and not be able to be pot-shotted at - so I'm a big boy - no worries.
Anyone can start any thread they want . I get annoyed by reitive threads, like in pre-season when we've had 2000 posts about whether Latendresse should make the team, and right below the 80 page thread, a new one pops up saying, 'Hey, should Lats make the team ?' The bi weekly, 'Russians have no heart' threads drive me insane too.
My issue here is that your trade ideas are more or less saying, we should do something to be better. As my kid used to say, Well Duh.

I'd rather Samsonov scored at a point a game clip, I'd rather Higgins played like Higgins, but right now neithers happening.

Who are you advocating they try and acquire ? Who would make a difference ? Trades are hard to make. I'm more concerned with getting the guys here to be more productive. Name a player that you feel should be targeted, or better yet, see if your plan is met with interest on the trade board. Just saying, a trade needs to happen or is likely, well we'll see. What else can we comment on ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2007, 05:35 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Anyone can start any thread they want . I get annoyed by reitive threads, like in pre-season when we've had 2000 posts about whether Latendresse should make the team, and right below the 80 page thread, a new one pops up saying, 'Hey, should Lats make the team ?' The bi weekly, 'Russians have no heart' threads drive me insane too.
My issue here is that your trade ideas are more or less saying, we should do something to be better. As my kid used to say, Well Duh.

I'd rather Samsonov scored at a point a game clip, I'd rather Higgins played like Higgins, but right now neithers happening.

Who are you advocating they try and acquire ? Who would make a difference ? Trades are hard to make. I'm more concerned with getting the guys here to be more productive. Name a player that you feel should be targeted, or better yet, see if your plan is met with interest on the trade board. Just saying, a trade needs to happen or is likely, well we'll see. What else can we comment on ?

Thanks for the lecture. However, since you articulate yourself admirably, why didn't you use this space to put some names down, and perhaps somebody would have commented on you and so on and so on . . . .
In fact this would have been a great lesson for me and could have helped me in my future threads!

Old
01-07-2007, 05:38 PM
As the Glorious Weep

You want names to make trades? How about Samsonov for Sidney Crosby. The penguins are obviously lacking toughness so they obviously want to get rid of Crosby which is obviously part of this problem (I mean, you're either part of the problem or the solution and since Sidney is not part of the solution...). And the habs want to get rid of Samsonov because he is not tough and is much worst that crosby. Both teams win!

The habs gain a superstar for many years to come and the Penguins... Well, they get a warm body. Well not too warm but certainly not close to absolute zero.

Old
01-07-2007, 05:39 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers View Post
but there havnt been any trades yet so you don't even reserve the right to say i tolled you so...

also by naming half the team as possible trade equities so you can come back and say i tolled you so later doesnt work.

my belief is if we keep playing poorly we will trade right away, if we pick it back up withing a few games no ones getting traded until the trade deadline..

by the way if that happens i wont come back and say i tolled you so.

anyways no diss to you, and as you said your a big boy that can take.

us habs fans are the most critical of there team than any other fans and i don't believe it's a bad thing,

peace

ok

Old
01-07-2007, 05:40 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Thanks for the lecture. However, since you articulate yourself admirably, why didn't you use this space to put some names down, and perhaps somebody would have commented on you and so on and so on . . . .
In fact this would have been a great lesson for me and could have helped me in my future threads!
I don't understand why you have to be a jerk to somebody who gave you a pretty respectful and level-headed reply. Maybe that's why everybody on this board seems to be a post away from moving you to their ignore list...

Old
01-07-2007, 05:40 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by As the Glorious Weep View Post
You want names to make trades? How about Samsonov for Sidney Crosby. The penguins are obviously lacking toughness so they obviously want to get rid of Crosby which is obviously part of this problem (I mean, you're either part of the problem or the solution and since Sidney is not part of the solution...). And the habs want to get rid of Samsonov because he is not tough and is much worst that crosby. Both teams win!
wow, feel better?

Old
01-07-2007, 05:41 PM
habitforming

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I don't understand why you have to be a jerk to somebody who gave you a pretty respectful and level-headed reply. Maybe that's why everybody on this board seems to be a post away from moving you to their ignore list...
Do I really think I care about an idol threat . . . Hey man I've seen a lot worse or even said than what I've put here and I'm not just talking about a topic. I'm talking about insults or whatever, so if you feel you need to say that, well then be my guest as its always easier to type words than than verbalizing them.