HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ron Campbell arrested

Closed Thread

Old
01-20-2007, 01:52 PM
gobolt7

vCash: 500
Ron Campbell arrested

As soon as I saw the headline, I knew what it was for.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/ne...dent-arrested/

Old
01-20-2007, 02:02 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobolt7 View Post
As soon as I saw the headline, I knew what it was for.

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/ne...dent-arrested/
Nice.......

Good job Ron

Last edited by Hockeyfan02: 01-22-2007 at 12:22 AM. Reason: calling him a boozer is libel
Old
01-20-2007, 03:31 PM
Kristia
Old folks home..

vCash: 8000
Awards:

Old
01-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Maria

Very nice example Mr Campbell

Old
01-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Hawkeye

Will people ever learn?

Old
01-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
<lurk mode off>I sure hope none of you are ever chosen to sit on a jury.

If he is guilty (which has yet to be proven and should not be assumed), as I said elsewhere, I'm willing to bet that most people who drink alcohol have, at one time or another, gotten behind the wheel of a car when they are *legally* under the influence. They just haven't been caught and when they are, they aren't "famous" so we don't hear about it. There but for the grace of God...

</lurk mode back on>
You seem to be trying to defend driving under the influence of any alcoholic beverage. Personally I find that offensive and I really don't think that there is any way to possibly turn driving under the influence into any type of acceptable act. No matter how much someone has had to drink, whether they or yourself feel that they may be alright to drive is not how the law is written out. Since individual people may have an individual tolerance to alcohol, some people may not notice any effects of alcohol but they can definately be there.

To avoid any type of gray area as far as the amount someone is allowed to drink before driving it is just easier to make the law regarding any amount of alcohol at all. As much as you want to believe that people are alright to drive if they can handle it; they are still endangering other people's lives. No matter how you twist it, view or defend it; there is no way to turn drinking and driving into an "alright thing." Any type of driving under the influence should be a crime and I can't believe someone would try to defend it.

Old
01-21-2007, 11:16 AM
Hockeyfan02

I think her post was aimed more at people calling him guilty without all of the facts than defending drunk driving.

Old
01-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Going Back to Cally
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 286
DUI is a serious offense and I can't believe some people are such Lightning koolaide drinkers that they would try to twist this.

Old
01-21-2007, 11:20 AM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan02 View Post
I think her post was aimed more at people calling him guilty without all of the facts than defending drunk driving.
Then why emphasize and criticize the *legally* under the influence. The fact is, diminishing the seriousness and problem of DUI is ridiculous. I really don't care if her intent was to speak of the guilty or not guilty thing. A statement was made in a fashion to criticize DUI and the dangers of it. If she feels that people should be able to drive AT ALL after the consumption of any type alcoholic beverage... that is ridiculous.

Old
01-21-2007, 11:51 AM
Tokala

Sometimes the sober people around here are worse drivers than the inebriated ones.

Take that more as a comment about the driving "ability" of the people in this area rather than a slant on DUI.

I don't care how horrible the offense, people are still supposed to be considered innocent until proven guilty. Doesn't matter if they're a rapist, murderer or drunk driver. That's in the Constitution.

Old
01-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Maria

Guilty or not he is a representative of the Tampa Bay Lightning, he should be responsible for his acts, period.

Old
01-21-2007, 12:31 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
<lurk mode off>I sure hope none of you are ever chosen to sit on a jury.

If he is guilty (which has yet to be proven and should not be assumed), as I said elsewhere, I'm willing to bet that most people who drink alcohol have, at one time or another, gotten behind the wheel of a car when they are *legally* under the influence. They just haven't been caught and when they are, they aren't "famous" so we don't hear about it. There but for the grace of God...

</lurk mode back on>
Just the fact that he spoke of how embarrassing it was and how he apologized to everyone to me means he has admitted at least a certain amount of guilt. Therefore I stand by my original statement above.

Old
01-21-2007, 01:52 PM
Hockeyfan02

Well there are cases where drinking isn't the cause for erratic driving, that's a valid point. But Campbell has: refused to take a Breathalyzer test and apologized for an "embarrassing" incident. If it was something other than alcohol like the examples you listed, would he be apologizing for it? We don't have all the facts, but Campbell hasn't exactly looked innocent in this situation. I can certainly see why people think he's guilty before all the facts are out. The good thing about this is that he is at least owning up to the mistake he made. With his position in the organization that's expected.

No matter caught or not, it's something that's wrong. One time I was leaving a party where I only had a few drinks and drove home. The effects hit me as I was about halfway back to my apartment. I was mad at myself for it because I could have gotten someone hurt and I try to be more responsible than that. Hopefully something good comes out of this and those in the organization (especially the players, I'm going to guess one of the players you spoke of Sharon is a goalie who plays for a division rival now) are more careful and responsible about alcohol and driving. Since my incident I've tried to be more careful about not driving when I drink.

I'm not going to think of you as someone who thinks it's ok for people to drive while drinking. I think some people here misinterpreted the point you were trying to make. It happens.

Old
01-21-2007, 01:56 PM
OptimismRestrainer

My point was, if he was arrested for DUI and he was not drinking then he should have kept his yap shut. Don't tell me your embarrassed if you did nothing wrong. I know people drive drunk all the time, hell I used to do it on a regular basis. I never got caught, he did, so does that make what I did less severe? Yes and no. It's less severe BECAUSE I never got caught but that still doesn't make it right.

Look, I'm sure Ron Campbell could have afforded a ride home and if he didn't think he was impaired enough to need a ride then he was wrong, and he got busted. Either way I think he needs to rethink his drinking habits whether he is actually a boozer as I stated above or the casual type that has a few after a long day every once in awhile.

And as far as his guilt or innocence like I said before he pretty much owned up to it by talking about it. If he did nothing wrong he should have said that. Therefore, I am presuming him guilty.

Old
01-21-2007, 07:23 PM
Hawkeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
I never got caught, he did, so does that make what I did less severe? Yes and no. It's less severe BECAUSE I never got caught but that still doesn't make it right.
It's less severe because you didn't cause an accident and kill/maim someone. Not that Ron did, but as has been mentioned, if he wasn't guilty, why not take the breathalizer and why apologize if not guilty? Don't you get a suspended license whether you refuse the test or not?

Last edited by Hawkeye: 01-22-2007 at 01:29 AM. Reason: mispelled word
Old
01-21-2007, 09:55 PM
bladoww
Team of the Future

Quote:
Oh, well, I know I'm now branded for life for condoning drinking & driving, even though I've explained that's not the case at all. I figured it was a mistake to post here, but I thought perhaps it was worth the risk. Guess not.

I read you loud and clear.

Old
01-22-2007, 03:40 PM
No-Twitch Tabitha

Send a message via MSN to No-Twitch Tabitha
All I have to say is, when I saw on Bay News 9 that he'd been arrested for DUI, I laughed out loud.

Closed Thread