HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

''Pepto Bismol'' GDT: 09/01/07 Atlanta @ Montreal 7:30 PM EST (RDS)

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2007, 11:09 PM
HF-Addict

vCash: 500
Remember the penalty cross-checking by Bobby Holik I think at the very last second (game was over)? Does it mean anything, suspension or it's just 2 more minutes for his stats?

Old
01-09-2007, 11:10 PM
SpreeEndaz

I was at the game with my Markov Dynamo Moscow jersey (since I had my Kovalev Ak-Bars-Kazan jersey last game) and I was still screaming Saku! Saku! in the streets and I lost my voice, it was awesome. How did the Saku ovation sounds like on RDS and on CKAC? I heard it sounded like nothing on RDS but really great on CKAC.

Old
01-09-2007, 11:20 PM
jonny5

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Humour....

And I remember that series. Kovalev 4 goals. Ryder 0.
And for the playoffs. Kovalev 10 points Ryder 3.
I was referring to the way Kovalev gave up on the play, and the Bruins scored, not referring to points in the game or series.

Old
01-09-2007, 11:22 PM
As the Glorious Weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
I was referring to the way Kovalev gave up on the play, and the Bruins scored, not referring to points in the game or series.
who won that series?

Old
01-09-2007, 11:23 PM
znk

Quote:
I was refering to the fact that he completly made up for it.

Old
01-09-2007, 11:25 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Just got back from my own hockey game to see that the Habs finally broke the five on five slump big time with three even strength goals to defeat the Thrashers 4-2....Now lets not plan the parade route just yet and see if they can put back to back games together against Philly because this team has a tendency to play to the level of the opponent (wash, nyr just as an example) and they end of getting beat when its a game they should surely win. Good comeback win tonight but here's to the next game...That will tell if this team is back or not....Congrats to Saku tonight as well....

Old
01-09-2007, 11:27 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
The pathetic amount of ice time Perezhogin received tonight is just not fair.

Old
01-09-2007, 11:33 PM
jonny5

Quote:
I was refering to the fact that he completly made up for it.
As said many times before, the "Great Kovy" can do no wrong!!

Old
01-09-2007, 11:37 PM
znk

Quote:
As said many times before, the "Great Kovy" can do no wrong!!
I'll gladly live through Ryder's slumps without saying a word if he becomes a cluth playoff performer. Until then I will continue entertaining the remote possibility of trading him if it improves the team.

Old
01-09-2007, 11:47 PM
marvelousmotion

i was at the game, and yup.. the standing ovation was crazy! nice to see the Habs come back 0-2 to win the game. samsonov once again disappointed me big time.. grabovsky showed some nice flashes of his skills and speed but i wouldnt be surprised if he gets sent back to Hamilton soon

Old
01-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
I'll gladly live through Ryder's slumps without saying a word if he becomes a cluth playoff performer. Until then I will continue entertaining the remote possibility of trading him if it improves the team.
Unfortunately when you pay a guy 4-5 million a year, being JUST a playoff performer isn't enough especially in a cap world.

Old
01-10-2007, 12:40 AM
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Who grabbed the puck for Koivu.

Old
01-10-2007, 05:08 AM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I just noticed Lehtonen has a picture of Lil Jon on the back his mask...that's hilarious
bahahahaha
thats freakin awesome
now.. the question is what does kari plan on having a lil jon-esque pimp cup instead of his water bottle haha

Old
01-10-2007, 05:32 AM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
Early in the game, maybe pre-game, CJAD mentioned that someone is playing hurt, I'm fairly sure they said it was Perezhogin. They mentioned an injured jaw and shoulder. I'm not sure why he was given less ice time, but maybe injuries are a factor? He has worked his rear off almost all of the season, I'm sure him seeing less ice time is just a short term thing.

Old
01-10-2007, 07:53 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Early in the game, maybe pre-game, CJAD mentioned that someone is playing hurt, I'm fairly sure they said it was Perezhogin. They mentioned an injured jaw and shoulder. I'm not sure why he was given less ice time, but maybe injuries are a factor? He has worked his rear off almost all of the season, I'm sure him seeing less ice time is just a short term thing.
His jaw is injured for sure (hence the cage) but I never heard anything about his shoulder.

01-10-2007, 08:22 AM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
His jaw is injured for sure (hence the cage) but I never heard anything about his shoulder.
I remember not so long ago he was checked hard and stayed on the ice clutching his shoulder, so a shoulder injury is hardly a stretch.

Old
01-10-2007, 08:27 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF-Addict View Post
Remember the penalty cross-checking by Bobby Holik I think at the very last second (game was over)? Does it mean anything, suspension or it's just 2 more minutes for his stats?
If hockey was an old western movie, Holik's what you call a back-shooter. He'll take cheap shots when he can, talk tough over a linesman's shoulders, say a lot in the media, when the most impressive thing he's done is get paid.

Old
01-10-2007, 08:38 AM
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
If hockey was an old western movie, Holik's what you call a back-shooter. He'll take cheap shots when he can, talk tough over a linesman's shoulders, say a lot in the media, when the most impressive thing he's done is get paid.
You have to admit he conned the Rangers pretty good to get that money, though.

Old
01-10-2007, 08:49 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
You have to admit he conned the Rangers pretty good to get that money, though.
He sure did. Lemaire knew how to take advatage of what he could do, and afterwards, every GM thought they'd get the same thing. That's why you have to be careful you sign the player and not 'the idea' of the player.

Old
01-10-2007, 08:49 AM
oli500

The more I see grabovski play the more I am impressed with his game. This guy has a ton of speed wich is wonderful to see and major league moves. He could off had 5 nhl goals by now if he had a bit more of a finishing touch but that will come with experience. who says are weakness is are depth at centre? I think its pretty good. Grabovski,lapierre,chipchura. looking good.

Old
01-10-2007, 11:17 AM
NLfan56

Quote:
Humour....

And I remember that series. Kovalev 4 goals. Ryder 0.
And for the playoffs. Kovalev 10 points Ryder 3.

And remember too that Kovalev was a 100 year vet while Ryder just a rookie at the time....vets should lead the way.

Old
01-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpreeEndaz View Post
I was at the game with my Markov Dynamo Moscow jersey (since I had my Kovalev Ak-Bars-Kazan jersey last game) and I was still screaming Saku! Saku! in the streets and I lost my voice, it was awesome. How did the Saku ovation sounds like on RDS and on CKAC? I heard it sounded like nothing on RDS but really great on CKAC.
hey! I think I seen you there last night!

Old
01-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by inf4mous_1 View Post
i was at the game, and yup.. the standing ovation was crazy! nice to see the Habs come back 0-2 to win the game. samsonov once again disappointed me big time.. grabovsky showed some nice flashes of his skills and speed but i wouldnt be surprised if he gets sent back to Hamilton soon
agreed. The standing ovation gave me chills.

Old
01-10-2007, 02:21 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
What has Perezhogin really been doing recently to earn his ice time? As an offensive player on a defensive line, he still has less goals than Bonk or Johnson...I like Perezhogin but I don't see why he should just be handed minutes for no real reason.

Old
01-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Sports1131

Send a message via AIM to Sports1131 Send a message via MSN to Sports1131
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
What has Perezhogin really been doing recently to earn his ice time? As an offensive player on a defensive line, he still has less goals than Bonk or Johnson...I like Perezhogin but I don't see why he should just be handed minutes for no real reason.
I may be wrong; I readily admit that I am probably biased because Perezhogin is my favorite player.

However, I see him as one of the few players on our team that seems to give it his all every night. While his offensive numbers haven't been nearly as good as I hoped for this season, he's improved so much defensively, has drastically cut down on his stupid stick penalties, and is probably our best forechecker.

If you want to make an argument about just handing someone minutes, what about Samsonov? Carbonneau refuses to cut his playing time (after Sergei *****ed about being placed on the fourth line one day in practice, Carbo put him on the third for the following game and shoved Perezhogin on the fourth line instead). Samsonov only has 7 more points than Perezhogin despite playing on the second line every game and constantly getting time on the league's best power play.

Closed Thread