HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4th Line Last Night

Old
01-09-2007, 11:00 AM
oilerfan18

vCash: 500
4th Line Last Night

I really like the reunion of Reasoner, Winchester, and Thoresen as our fourth line unit. It seemed that the majority of the play was in the offensive zone when they were on the ice. Winchester almost scored off the post and I remember Thoresen driving to the net hard and almost scoring Smyttie style. I thought they were a very effective unit. Glad to see Winchester getting time now that crazy train is gone and Thoresen seems rejuvinated. And as he said "I have to play more like Ryan Smyth." No *****...

Anyways, kudos to them and kudos to MacT for putting them back together.

oilerfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:33 AM
RogerMaris

I agree. Thoresen looked like he did right out of camp. Reasoner as always is playing great. Winny really surprised me though. Solidifying that line really gives our top lines chances to catch their breath.

RogerMaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:43 AM
chance

Yup, looked good the whole night. They all had chances to score aswell.

chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 12:04 PM
cfrancis

vCash: 855
Send a message via AIM to cfrancis
I've been wanting these guys together for about 8 games. How Winchester sits in the Press Box while Jacques plays I have no idea.

cfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Slats432

Not much of a fan of either MA Pouliot or JF Jacques games when they were up.

That is a solid fouth line there. Let MAP and JFJ develop in the farm the rest of the season and see if they can get it done at camp next season.

Slats432 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 12:18 PM
Wolfpack

Matheson mentioned today that Reasoner is getting over the flu - had been flat on his back for 16 straight hours before making the trip. I did think he looked uncharacteristically weak on a couple of face-offs, but other than that it was a gutsy performance, all things considered.

Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messier View Post
Not much of a fan of either MA Pouliot or JF Jacques games when they were up.

That is a solid fouth line there. Let MAP and JFJ develop in the farm the rest of the season and see if they can get it done at camp next season.
I've been pulling for Pouliot for quite a while, and even I have to agree.

You can see the potential there and the occasional flashes have shown, but he needs a bit more strength and assertiveness. I think he'll make it, but it may have to wait until next year.

As for Jacques, who knows? Other than a couple of hits late in his callup, he did very little and was an absolute black hole offensively.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Wrecker99

Now that Winny has had a very good game, MacT will have him back in the pressbox so he can get Peterson back in.

Wrecker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 12:53 PM
RogerMaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Matheson mentioned today that Reasoner is getting over the flu - had been flat on his back for 16 straight hours before making the trip. I did think he looked uncharacteristically weak on a couple of face-offs, but other than that it was a gutsy performance, all things considered.
Typical Reasoner, 100% effort

RogerMaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:44 PM
cfrancis

vCash: 855
Send a message via AIM to cfrancis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker99 View Post
Now that Winny has had a very good game, MacT will have him back in the pressbox so he can get Peterson back in.

I thought Winny had a solid game. Created a lot in the corners. Wasn't as physical as I might like but was working the puck on the wall like a champ.

cfrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:47 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
The key to the 4th lines success last night IMO was the Oilers playing alot 5 on 5. That got them into the game and a regular shift. They looked like a threat to score every shift.

01-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Lessy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReverendOil View Post
Typical Reasoner, 100% effort
Agreed... Reasoner in my mind is the most underrated guy on the team and it's not even close. The guy comes to play every single night and the work and effort are always there. It seems whatever line he's on, he makes his linemates better players. A great guy to have on your team.

Lessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Fayne Gretzky

I think they should put Winchester up with Hemsky and Sykora or something, he's been awesome and everything that Isbister wasn't. I actually think he could be a great power forward in this league.

Fayne Gretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 10:01 PM
Oilerfan_55

Its good to see the Oilers are back with a decent 4th line that can accomplish some things on the ice that a 4th line is supposed to do. It was noble of the Oilers to give the rookies a chance, and help their development a little bit, and hopefully it pays dividends in the future.

This is the second half of the season, and we need to ice the best possible lineup every night to have a chance at getting into the playoffs. I am pretty excited to see this line together, and expect them to have alot to do with the outcome of the last 40 games this year....

I like petersen as the extra forward right now, and think he is the best man for the job to fill in on that line if winchester or thoresen slack off again.

Oilerfan_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 01:47 PM
oilerfan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrecker99 View Post
HAHA. Isn't that the truth. I like Peterson as a 13-14th forward, but Winny should be playing ahead of him.

oilerfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote