HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT 1/09/07 Pens @ TB

Closed Thread

Old
01-10-2007, 09:38 AM
missK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcePalace View Post
By the way, they never mentioned who would be in the All-Star game during the broadcast like they said they would (or at least I missed it). Here's the list http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?service=p...ticleid=287061. Is everyone on there on the team with just the bold names being starters? I don't know how this works as I never really bothered with the all-star game (when I was younger I was too busy playing hockey to take notice )
The fan voting ONLY chooses the starting lineups for each team. The coaches and the league choose the other players based on important things like how they are actually playing this season. I think I read somewhere that the announcements for the other spots will come on Saturday 1/13.

Old
01-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Clarence Beeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by missK View Post
The fan voting ONLY chooses the starting lineups for each team. The coaches and the league choose the other players based on important things like how they are actually playing this season. I think I read somewhere that the announcements for the other spots will come on Saturday 1/13.
I'm curious how the starting line-up for the East does not reflect how the players are actually playing this season? The West is debatable (Cheechoo, Sakic), but the East is pretty cut and dry IMO. Who should have been in the starting line-up and in place of who in your opinion?

Old
01-10-2007, 03:11 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by booboosae35 View Post
I'm curious how the starting line-up for the East does not reflect how the players are actually playing this season? The West is debatable (Cheechoo, Sakic), but the East is pretty cut and dry IMO. Who should have been in the starting line-up and in place of who in your opinion?
Seriously? Well, the locals are kinda partial to two guys having monster years here in Tampa. Good enough to be starters? Yea. But so are the elected starters so I have no problem with it. Now, if neither or only one makes the team I will have a problem with it.

Old
01-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Clarence Beeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory Sarich Fan View Post
Seriously? Well, the locals are kinda partial to two guys having monster years here in Tampa. Good enough to be starters? Yea. But so are the elected starters so I have no problem with it. Now, if neither or only one makes the team I will have a problem with it.
I agree with you. Your two guys are having a great year and definitely deserve to be there and will be there (I hope). My only point was that it's hard to objectively argue against anyone that the fans picked, for the East at least.

Old
01-10-2007, 03:40 PM
OptimismRestrainer

Quote:
I agree with you. Your two guys are having a great year and definitely deserve to be there and will be there (I hope). My only point was that it's hard to objectively argue against anyone that the fans picked, for the East at least.
I think the Eastern All Stars are all excellent picks. Can't wait to see Sid and AO together.

Old
01-10-2007, 05:39 PM
Maria

Vinny & Marty deserve to be there.

Old
01-10-2007, 05:47 PM
Lecavilier_4

Send a message via MSN to Lecavilier_4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
Likely they will be... The fans just chose the starting lineup.

Old
01-10-2007, 09:41 PM
Clarence Beeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria View Post
They definitely deserve to be there, but who should they START in place of? That was the original question...

Old
01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Maria

Quote:
They definitely deserve to be there, but who should they START in place of? That was the original question...
Briere maybe

Old
01-12-2007, 11:40 PM
sabrefan27

I was in Florida for vacation and we went to this game. I have to say, I was pretty impressed altogether. The arena was nicer than Buffalo's. Now I should mention I was in the Jeep Club level, but it's better than Buffalo's 200 level. Huge arena, and while there were a few empty seats, I was impressed by the turnout. Had to be 19,000 there on a weeknight. Fans also seemed pretty knowledgeable, at least that I saw. Now on another note, we sat behind this woman who was absolutely out of her mind. Yelling and screaming like a lunatic, standing up waving her arms all over the place. I don't know if she is a fixture in this section (214), but I'll say, she was worth the price of admission alone. She kept us plenty entertained all night long. But anyway, I just wanted to say it seemed like a first class operation.

Closed Thread