HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Phoenix Coyotes
Notices

OT: Greater PHX Area and Arena Info

Old
11-05-2007, 07:29 PM
The Korean*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
I am used to NYC public transportation and for me, its so easy going to The Garden or The Rock. I cant say the same for The Jobing. My parents is cheap. They want to save money on gas.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 07:38 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Korean View Post
I am used to NYC public transportation and for me, its so easy going to The Garden or The Rock. I cant say the same for The Jobing. My parents is cheap. They want to save money on gas.
Well they could make up for the price in gas with the real estate. I just got back from NYC and I loved it! The public transportation is awesome but Phoenix and NYC aren't even close. Two different worlds! Phoenix definately has it's strong points too.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2007, 09:08 PM
WebMistress

Send a message via AIM to WebMistress
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
Well, as someone point out before, the drive is nothing for AZ natives. It's actually in a fairly convenient location, all things considered. AWA was and still is a nightmare.
its much easier getting to Jobing.com arena than it is to AWA, even from Scottsdale. I can take Lincoln/Glendale Avenue straight across, and unless the traffic is backed up crossing the 51 or the 17, its faster than getting downtown with all the light rail construction. and NOTHING beats the parking. god, i hate having to find parking downtown!

WebMistress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 10:27 PM
Otto

Parking .. and a couple more questions

I was wondering how much parking is in and around the arena?

If I have the opportunity to purchase tickets from stubhub or Ebay that include a parking pass should I take it?

And .. are there any fees for buying on stubhub?
Edit: got my answer .. 10% fee plus huge shipping charges . .I'll stick to Ebay

And ... just supposing I was looking to get a jersey signed by a visiting player, how easy/hard is it to get done? Is there one place that is better than the rest?

Thanks!

Last edited by Otto: 11-06-2007 at 10:38 PM.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 10:48 PM
diceone

Parking is free at the arena. Take the parking pass if you don't like walking, but the walk from the free parking is only 1/4 mile max, not bad at all.

diceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2007, 10:58 PM
SniperHF
aufheben's Coyote

If you go with the free parking I like the public parking in the south east corner by the Cardinals football stadium over the Public parking on the West side.

Parking passes are good and bad. Every time I've parked in the pass areas I have a harder time getting out, its usually faster if I fast walk to the public area and then drive out.

If you are going to get public parking tickets you might as well buy them walk-up too. No fees or shipping.

SniperHF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 09:08 AM
Coyotes1934

You should call the Coyotes for tickets. They are now advertising $25 tickets in the lower bowl AND a free hat. (Nice to know the public is getting better ticket prices and free stuff that I'm not getting as a season ticket holder!)

As for parking, there is a public lot just to the northeast of the arena that is closer than using a parking pass. (Yet another slap in the face to STH's.)

Coyotes1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Ghosthoffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Nick View Post
You should call the Coyotes for tickets. They are now advertising $25 tickets in the lower bowl AND a free hat. (Nice to know the public is getting better ticket prices and free stuff that I'm not getting as a season ticket holder!)

As for parking, there is a public lot just to the northeast of the arena that is closer than using a parking pass. (Yet another slap in the face to STH's.)
I like the STH parking, closer to our entrance and easier to get out of too.

Why would they give us STH's any thing new? they already have our money...

Ghosthoffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2007, 06:18 PM
ssmatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommy to Nick View Post
(Nice to know the public is getting better ticket prices and free stuff that I'm not getting as a season ticket holder!)

They do treat us STH's great don't they? I don't think that they are unusual in that regard though. I was a DBacks STH the first 3 seasons and I just got sick of all of the people sitting next to me that paid half what I paid because they were offering 2 for 1's all the time. I'm sure that if the season really goes bad that it will get much worse. 4 tickets for the price of one with free food and they'll pick you up at your house can't be far off.

ssmatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2007, 08:12 AM
white_tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperHF View Post
If you go with the free parking I like the public parking in the south east corner by the Cardinals football stadium over the Public parking on the West side.

Parking passes are good and bad. Every time I've parked in the pass areas I have a harder time getting out, its usually faster if I fast walk to the public area and then drive out.

If you are going to get public parking tickets you might as well buy them walk-up too. No fees or shipping.
Why worry about it? COme to the Arena early(3-21/2 hours) befor eteh game starts. Get dinner at one of teh places at Westgate and park in the lot due East of the Westgate complex.. You will likely be within 40 yards of the Arena... Hell if your out visiting come even earlier catch a Movie at the Plex then get dinner.

white_tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 01:20 AM
AZCOYOT

Simple question:

Where in the Phoenix area should I move?

I've been to Scottsdale and enjoyed it, Here's an example of something that looks appealing to me http://www.rentals.com/Home-Rentals/...gNumber=421750

I will probably go to about 4-5 Yotes games a month. I enjoyed the Scottsdale Pavillion mall, and definetely need a ice rink near by for Rec Hockey.

Sorry to make you all put on your real estate agent hat on, but our move may be accelerated as soon as March 1st from Calgary and any info from locals helps a ton!

Thanks all!

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 01:42 AM
XX
... Waiting

Avoid Scottsdale.

You are going to be paying a premium for anything in those zip codes. The West side is full of a lot of cheap neighborhoods and such, so is the area I am at (Desert Hills) which is in between the 101 and 17. Cave Creek used to be cheap but I'm not so sure now. At any rate the housing/renting market is still really dead here so you should be able to get a good deal if you look hard enough.

Pretty much anywhere in Phoenix Metro is within 30 mins of an ice rink though, so that isn't an issue. The commute from Scottsdale to the Job' can be a ***** sometimes though.

I'm not familiar with the renting market, but Scottsdale will cost you roughly $428 per square foot in the nice neighborhoods to own. Maybe that has come down since the bubble burst? If you are renting, and you like upperclass sort of stuff, you could try the following website: http://www.mark-taylor.com/properties.asp

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Murf

For $1300 a month, you could buy a house on the west side, be close the the Job, and be close to Polar Ice Peoria. If you plan to go to 5 games a month, you'll probably want to avoid the east side.

The area is roughly split into east and west by mountains and indian reservation, which naturally leads to east/west rivalry. The truth is that there are nice areas all across the valley. There are rinks for rec hockey within a reasonable distance, from any point in the valley.

Anything in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, Fountain Hills - you will get less house for
your money, just because of the name of the city.

I assume there will be some employment consideration with the move. If so, I'd find out where that will be located, and find something near that. The commute doesn't compare to NY, Chicago or LA, but it can still eat up a good portion of your day.

Murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 12:51 AM
AZCOYOT

Well I'll be moving down there with my dad, I work for him doing web design from a home office and getting a mortgage probably isn't an option yet, unless some big money comes out way to put down on a house.

I'll likely persue career opportunities once i'm there, not beforehand. Neighborhood is #1 though. So that's why I think Scottsdale would be nice, plus i've been there but it has been 6 years.

AZCOYOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2007, 01:03 AM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFire38 View Post
Well I'll be moving down there with my dad, I work for him doing web design from a home office and getting a mortgage probably isn't an option yet, unless some big money comes out way to put down on a house.

I'll likely persue career opportunities once i'm there, not beforehand. Neighborhood is #1 though. So that's why I think Scottsdale would be nice, plus i've been there but it has been 6 years.
I would look into Chandler then. They are trying to become like Scottsdale. It's a nice area without the super price premium of Scottsdale, PV or Fountain Hills. Every area has its bad spots, including Scottsdale, so caveat emptor.

Old
11-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Ghosthoffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitFire38 View Post

Neighborhood is #1 though.
If Neighborhood is Important...

Ghosthoffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 06:40 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

OT: Margaritaville is Open at the Job!

If you've never been to Jimmy Buffett's restaurants you're in for a treat. This place has the best food around the Job of any restaurant in the Westgate City Center....by a mile. Mango Margarita's are the shiznit as are the Coconut Shrimp! I can't wait to check it out.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...le1123-ON.html

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Bish please
...You're hateful.

vCash: 169
Send a message via MSN to Bish please
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
If you've never been to Jimmy Buffett's restaurants you're in for a treat. This place has the best food around the Job of any restaurant in the Westgate City Center....by a mile. Mango Margarita's are the shiznit as are the Coconut Shrimp! I can't wait to check it out.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/g...le1123-ON.html
I am jealous. What great food for an arena.

Last edited by Bish please: 11-20-2007 at 08:10 PM.
Bish please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 09:45 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyle's timing View Post
I am jealous. What great food for an arena.
The probblem is that this place and others like it arn't in the actuall arena, rather just outside. It's so nice that there are options. Coyotes may need to consider an major revamping to iner-arena concessions, IF folks know they can get better quality food out side then why eat during the game? Maybe thats why their giving away all you can eat nachos and weiners this season.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2007, 09:50 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
I would look into Chandler then. They are trying to become like Scottsdale. It's a nice area without the super price premium of Scottsdale, PV or Fountain Hills. Every area has its bad spots, including Scottsdale, so caveat emptor.
Scottsdale has a high "price to play"
& Chandler / Ahwatukee are quickly gaining on Scottsdale.

The Bottom Line; the higher the home prices the more infrastucture (incl. resturants, gallerys, shopping etc) there will be.

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 10:40 AM
zz
HFBoards Sponsor

I've been living at the intersection of Cave Creek Road and the 101 (north Phoenix) for 5 years. I love this location.

- 25-30 minutes from the Job (101 all the way)
- 25-30 minutes from the airport / downtown Phoenix (51 straight down)
- the 51 is one of the only freeways here that's not unbearably busy during traffic hours
- 15 minutes from the Ice Den (nice rink, rec hockey) / north Scottsdale
- 5 minutes from Desert Ridge (restaurants, theater, bars, shopping etc...)
- 90-120 minutes from Flagstaff / SnowBowl / Sedona (hiking, snow)
- home prices are typical suburban prices, similar to Mesa, Chandler, Glendale
- 15 minutes from my work place - priceless

Going to downtown Scottsdale (40 minutes) and downtown Tempe (ASU campus) is kind of a pain. Other than that - very, very convenient.

To whoever commented on Cave Creek (the town) - it's very posh now, home prices and community are very simlar to north Scottsdale. Still a pretty town though, nice mountin views.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2007, 01:00 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sl View Post
To whoever commented on Cave Creek (the town) - it's very posh now, home prices and community are very simlar to north Scottsdale. Still a pretty town though, nice mountin views.
I used to live in a TW Lewis sub at Tatum and Dynamite. Yeah, it's a great area. Really underrated. I guess I just didn't like going to school with half working class, half spoiled Scottsdale kids.

Old
11-25-2007, 11:38 AM
fuzzerson
¡Ándele!

Send a message via ICQ to fuzzerson
Make sure on your way to and from the game you run red lights. If you take the freeway, make sure you weave in and out of traffic, tail gate and make sure you are preoccupied by anything but driving.

Once you do these things you will fit right in.

fuzzerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
TripleP

OT - Good place to eat?

Hey fellow hockey peeps;

I'm making the long voyage to Phoenix in mid-January to escape the less than tropical weather here in Edmonton. I've never been before and I'm hoping one of you can hook me up.

Can someone recommend a really good barbeque place? Such a thing is a virtually non-existant here in E-town and I'd like to find a great place that makes me want to eat 'til I'm sick.

Thanks in advance.

TripleP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2007, 04:58 PM
Danno

http://www.honeybearsbbq.com/

Danno is offline   Reply With Quote