HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Renney common Malik MUST GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2007, 09:06 AM
mess11*

vCash: 500
Renney common Malik MUST GOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

:Can someone explain to me why he is in the line up every night?
He seemed so clueless last night it was rediculous.
Actually when he was out roscival played so much better and was much more assertive and active. It is seems that when he plays with Malik he stoops to his level. Renney seemed pissed off the last couple of games but did nothing to change the line up. now he is going to use the comeback as an excuse to leave all the players in the line up again.
Please someone shed some light on this for me?

Old
01-12-2007, 09:09 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

The Rangers are an average team...flat out.

Sather does nothing, Renney does nothing, the team does nothing. I've never seen a slower, more stagnant defense in my life.

Oh and as for Malik....I've seen just about enough of him....he's a gorilla on ice skates.

Old
01-12-2007, 09:35 AM
chosen

When I watch Malik I am sometimes frustrated.

However, he is +17 this year. You can argue that it is because he plays with Jagr but Roszival is only +4.

Plus-Minus is a tough stat to place faith in, in one season or across teams but within a team it can provide some insight.

If his +17 were an aberration in his career I would agree with his constant bashing but the fact is he does this every year. He may not look good to us out there but he is obviously not the problem that so many fans make him out to be.

Last year's whipping boy was Poti despite the fact that he was a pretty good player last year. It didn't matter because the year before he was a poor player and the fans at the Garden never ever change their opinion of a player, not Malik.

Malik is very far from the problem that the Rangers currently face. The problem is that we only have 4 players with any consistent offense. The problem is that there is no pipeline filled with talent to bring up from the minors. We are an organization that has not developed a first line winger since... I have no idea at the moment who that is. That's how badly Sather has failed with this team at the draft table. Our 4 good offensive players come from other team's drafts. Sather's tenure has been criminal.

Malik skates so we boo him. It's Sather who should be ripped at every game.

Old
01-12-2007, 10:04 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
one thing I dont understand is the new NHL is all about speed, meanwhile Sather signed one of the slowest skating dman in the NHL

Old
01-12-2007, 10:09 AM
TrampsLikeUs

Send a message via AIM to TrampsLikeUs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post

Oh and as for Malik....I've seen just about enough of him....he's a gorilla on ice skates.
He wishes he could hit like a gorilla. He's more of a giraffe.

Old
01-12-2007, 10:52 AM
WheresBarnaby

Call me crazy...

Malik was on the ice for three of the four Ranger goals last night, getting an assist on one, and making the outlet pass on at least one of the other two. I can't believe I'm defending him, because frankly he sucks, but except for the bad penalty he took, I though he played well last night. At least well enough not to be a fault last night.

...but aside from that, yes Malik should've been gone since last off season.

Old
01-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Kostik

I didn't see last game, and i'm not defending Malik, but...
Seems like many guys here are pissed that he is not using body(and he has the proper tools) and is slow...but i don't think that he is that bad as many people here are yelling, there is always need for scapegoat, last year Poti, this one Ozo and Malik. It's just so easy to jump this bashing bandwagon.
He maybe deserves to be sit for one game, maybe it will light fire below his ***.

Last edited by Kostik: 01-12-2007 at 11:07 AM.
Old
01-12-2007, 11:04 AM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
When I watch Malik I am sometimes frustrated.

However, he is +17 this year. You can argue that it is because he plays with Jagr but Roszival is only +4.

Plus-Minus is a tough stat to place faith in, in one season or across teams but within a team it can provide some insight.

If his +17 were an aberration in his career I would agree with his constant bashing but the fact is he does this every year. He may not look good to us out there but he is obviously not the problem that so many fans make him out to be.

Last year's whipping boy was Poti despite the fact that he was a pretty good player last year. It didn't matter because the year before he was a poor player and the fans at the Garden never ever change their opinion of a player, not Malik.

Malik is very far from the problem that the Rangers currently face. The problem is that we only have 4 players with any consistent offense. The problem is that there is no pipeline filled with talent to bring up from the minors. We are an organization that has not developed a first line winger since... I have no idea at the moment who that is. That's how badly Sather has failed with this team at the draft table. Our 4 good offensive players come from other team's drafts. Sather's tenure has been criminal.

Malik skates so we boo him. It's Sather who should be ripped at every game.
I'm pretty sure Malik's +/- is higher than Roszival's because Malik didn't play during the 7 game losing streak.

Old
01-12-2007, 11:12 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
There are plenty of threads about Malik and Renney. I don't think we need another.