HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Looking at the league leaders in points..

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2003, 09:26 AM
TheBigBadB

vCash: 500
Looking at the league leaders in points..

I wonder when Thornton will come around? I know he usually starts off slow, but he is 12th in scoring...heck Morrisson has 23 points to thornton's 25...I know Thornton is a much better player, but is begs to answer the question has he topped out? Looks like without his bread and butter (Murray) He isnt pulling nearly as much points as he use to...Could it be the fact that the league has learned about the one two combo of Murray and Thornton and now both are suffering from it?Remember for the past few years he has always had a gunner with him..(Murray, Guerin) So if the gunner stalls does Thornton?...it looks like it might be the case...

Old
12-03-2003, 10:00 AM
TheBigBadB

With sarcasm aside he does bring up a good point...Is Thornton getting too predictable???

Old
12-03-2003, 10:21 AM
DBL

I would say Thornton is just starting to come around now, I've noticed in the last few games he's been more willing to take that bullet of a wrist shot and drive to the net abit more. That Thornton to Murray from behind the net is very predictable though, every team knows about it and early on I saw that Murray was being covered all the time, sometimes double teamed. Possibly why Murray started out slow and Knuble started out strong.

The one thing I hate on Thornton is some games the guy is a pure playmaker, and plays very passive. He'll float around and look for the pretty pass. The guy's best when he is skating, shooting and driving to the net, lately I believe he's been doing that and sooner rather than later he is going to start producing. A couple 3/4 point nighters should get him back up there in the scoring race, and I believe he'll have one of those soon.

Old
12-03-2003, 10:37 AM
TheBigBadB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowL
I would say Thornton is just starting to come around now, I've noticed in the last few games he's been more willing to take that bullet of a wrist shot and drive to the net abit more. That Thornton to Murray from behind the net is very predictable though, every team knows about it and early on I saw that Murray was being covered all the time, sometimes double teamed. Possibly why Murray started out slow and Knuble started out strong.

The one thing I hate on Thornton is some games the guy is a pure playmaker, and plays very passive. He'll float around and look for the pretty pass. The guy's best when he is skating, shooting and driving to the net, lately I believe he's been doing that and sooner rather than later he is going to start producing. A couple 3/4 point nighters should get him back up there in the scoring race, and I believe he'll have one of those soon.

Good point..I have noticed that he is taking the shot more as well...I just hope he continues that and doesnt fall back into the pure playmaker mode...cause even when he decides to shoot, its been more of his last option...I hope it gets more of the first option because he has a cannon...This is a test of how great Thornton can be..If he can adapt and change his play to keep himself at top the league then many of the questions will stop of how overrated he is...Great players can adapt..Can Joe??

Old
12-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Still a Bruin fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceyalone
Maybe if everyone here didn't overrate Joe you'd all realize he's doing ok for the type of predictable player that he is.
Did you ever stop to think Joe HAS to play the way he does given his linemates?
If he played like Murray, we'd have a bunch of guys standing around with stick on ice waiting for a puck that never comes.

Joe should shoot more, but it's kind of hard to score goals himself when he's NEVER set up by anybody.
His goals are all him.

Closed Thread