HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ribeiro and Komi out...

Closed Thread

Old
12-02-2003, 09:19 AM
MrPicard

vCash: 500
ribeiro might miss the game against Tampa

According to RDS, depending if Juneau will be able to play tonite, Ribeiro might not play tonite...

that is ridiculous.....

Old
12-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Bob Bastards

WTF! Why don't they sit Juneau? Is always hurt and is back is killing him.
Those guy are moron...

Old
12-02-2003, 09:27 AM
habsfan19

from RDS:
RDS a appris que l'attaquant du Canadien, Mike Ribeiro, pourrait se retrouver dans les estrades ce soir contre le Lightning de Tampa Bay.
Ribeiro a appris de la bouche de l'entraîneur, Claude Julien, qu'il pourrait être laissé de côté ce soir si Joé Juneau était en mesure de prendre part à la rencontre. Juneau est blessé à une hanche, mais il a participé à l'entraînement ce matin.

C'est José Théodore qui sera devant le filet.

Basically says Ribs learned from CJ that he might not play if Juneau can play, Juneau is hurt but practiced this morning.

This is stupid if it happens, don't know how Ribs would take it, might shatter his confidence

I don't think he has been playing all that bad, doesn't help that him and Perreault are on same line(2 centres), so he has to play left wing sometimes

Old
12-02-2003, 09:29 AM
Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob ********
WTF! Why don't they sit Juneau? Is always hurt and is back is killing him.
Those guy are moron...
No wonder nobody scores for the habs, if you happen to be the best point man, you get benched ...

Old
12-02-2003, 09:33 AM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

What in the blue hell is that?

That's is stupid, that's it's how you said thank you for being the best forward this season.

With Gainey or without that organisation is just a JOKE

Old
12-02-2003, 09:36 AM
habaholic

This can only mean a trade is in the works. My guess would obviously be Perreault or Ribeiro. They're either showcasing Perreault or making sure Ribs is not injured. Otherwise this move makes absolutely no sense as Ribeiro has been playing real well, specially the last few games with Dagenais on his wing.

Old
12-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Bob Bastards

Everybody, keep a straith face and tell me Ribiero as been the worst forward on this team. Come on, nobody? So now what? They will put Kilger "Hand of Stone" (and not because he play like The Hammer Shultz)? ******! Our PP is already a disaster and they remove the most creative player in the lineup. Jeez, if our team could have Yzerman, Forsberg and Federov in the lineup I would be the first to say "******, bench this little bas*ard!" but for god sake we have, Juneau, Dackel, Sunstrom, Perrault, Audette and Kilger. WOW! ITS A BIG F**KING 5 GOALS A YEAR ALL OF THEM ADDED!

Man I am so piss.

The next big move: They will trade Ribiero for Turgeon cause we are not soft enought...

Oh my god, Kilger is in the line up tonigh... on the second line... this is a f**king nightmare...

Old
12-02-2003, 09:52 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plekanec
Ovechkin Ovechkin Ovechkin!!!

We will be destroyed 5-0!
It is kinda crazy that they cannot identify who is the team.
It seems that sooner or later, if you are under 28, you are going to sit at one point. They need to identify there players and what there role is. When they do not consistantly perform that role, then you get rid of them permanently.....not by assasination :p , just releasing/trading.

I am far from a Ribs supporter, believe me. But was he playing that bad? I don't think so. Juneau....I just think he is so easily replaced.

But to say that we will lose because Ribs is in not in lineup is just blind. Hopefully you were just exaggerating. Nobody on that roster is not expendable. Ribs doesn't score two a game, and he sure doesn't stop the puck from going into his own net.

And around and around we go. Who is the 2nd center? Could be a game show.

Old
12-02-2003, 09:54 AM
Kirk Muller

Quote:
Everybody, keep a straith face and tell me Ribiero as been the worst forward on this team. Come on, nobody? So now what? They will put Kilger "Hand of Stone" (and not because he play like The Hammer Shultz)? ******! Our PP is already a disaster and they remove the most creative player in the lineup. Jeez, if our team could have Yzerman, Forsberg and Federov in the lineup I would be the first to say "******, bench this little bas*ard!" but for god sake we have, Juneau, Dackel, Sunstrom, Perrault, Audette and Kilger. WOW! ITS A BIG F**KING 5 GOALS A YEAR ALL OF THEM ADDED!

Man I am so piss.

The next big move: They will trade Ribiero for Turgeon cause we are not soft enought...

Oh my god, Kilger is in the line up tonigh... on the second line... this is a f**king nightmare...

Ribeiro is the wor............ sorry I can't even get it out, and I don't even like Ribeiro that much.

But would it really come as a surprise. Hossa got benched for "stone hands" and for "deadwood" Audette, and now is in Hamilton.

I won't get on Julien too much because there might be something going on, a la trade or minor injury that is not being talked about, but if this is a simple scratch, my patience with Julien is wearing thin.

Old
12-02-2003, 09:56 AM
Subban Fan

Ribeiro and Komi out...

They wont play against the Lightnings if Juneau and Markov are healthy! I'm so confused right now...

CKAC

Old
12-02-2003, 10:00 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komi#1
They wont play against the Lightnings if Juneau and Markov are healthy! I'm so confused right now...

CKAC
Your confused... I'm pissed off. This is ridiculous.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:04 AM
Maxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPicard
According to RDS, depending if Juneau will be able to play tonite, Ribeiro might not play tonite...

that is ridiculous.....
Ok ok, if they are getting ready to make a trade in next couple of days fine sit who ever you want to make the deal, if not then once again Julien has proven to be one of the most idiotic coaches in Canadiens history. I swear to god Komi better not be in the stands too!!.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:05 AM
habs1988

What the ????

Ribeiro's line has been the best since 2 games. Why CJ would sit him ????
Ribeiro got no points against Florida and he has to be sit. CJ sit the best scoring player !!!! I have no more respect for CJ if he does this move.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:07 AM
StanleyCH25

Alright, repeat after me... "I will not stress out over every decision made by the Habs organization."

Now that we've got this out of the way, why not try to see why this would be done instead of why it shouldn't be?

Why this would be done:

-Ribeiro has already shown what he can and can't do. Gainey / Julien now want to see someone else in his spot to see what they can do.
-We're still in a rebuilding plan which means that our best roster will more than likely not make it to the Stanley Cup so we will be experimenting all year long with the lineup to see how chemistry is and evaluating players. Whether they are rookies or veterans.
-We are potentially making a trade and want to showcase some players that other teams are interested in.

Or as some of you put it:

-Julien and Gainey are nuts!
-They want the Habs to lose every game!
-They want to screw up Ribeiro's confidence!
-They just want to put the crappiest players on the ice!

So, let's just relax and enjoy this season for what it's worth.. which probably won't be much but I'll still be cheering them on..

Old
12-02-2003, 10:08 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Well I really hopes for them there's a good reason like injury or a trade in the work and I really hopes Julien is not the ones who is (alone) taking this decision 'cause it's playing with BIG fire.

They will be destroyed by media and fans on this decision since there is HABsolutly no point in putting him out...

Maybge they dont like it when Ribeiro games-streak with at least a point comes to a end...

Oh well, we'll see later today if we are complaining for something or not...

Old
12-02-2003, 10:11 AM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPicard

that is ridiculous.....
here , they talk more about MARKOV AND RIBEIRO OUT !

http://www.canada.com/montreal/sport...5-23B48114A738

Old
12-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by patp77
Alright, repeat after me... "I will not stress out over every decision made by the Habs organization."

Now that we've got this out of the way, why not try to see why this would be done instead of why it shouldn't be?

Why this would be done:

-Ribeiro has already shown what he can and can't do. Gainey / Julien now want to see someone else in his spot to see what they can do.
-We're still in a rebuilding plan which means that our best roster will more than likely not make it to the Stanley Cup so we will be experimenting all year long with the lineup to see how chemistry is and evaluating players. Whether they are rookies or veterans.
-We are potentially making a trade and want to showcase some players that other teams are interested in.

Or as some of you put it:

-Julien and Gainey are nuts!
-They want the Habs to lose every game!
-They want to screw up Ribeiro's confidence!
-They just want to put the crappiest players on the ice!

So, let's just relax and enjoy this season for what it's worth.. which probably won't be much but I'll still be cheering them on..
I agree with somes of your points about rebuilding and all but I do not consider putting Ribeiro out for doing those try outs is something an organisation should do. Olders guys who will not be part of the futur are the ones who should be out. Especialy when you have a guy like Juneau who is few hours before the game NOT even sure if he can play...

I dont want to see too much into this but for my point of view, there have to be something worth it in the works or it's just plain stupid... since it cant have something to do with rebuilding and future... (maybe trade...) But of course, i'll continue to be cheering them on since I just cant do anything else, The habs are my team... I can stop having any faith in Julien the other hand, we'll see

Old
12-02-2003, 10:18 AM
Leprechaun

vCash:
CJ 4 the Jack Adams

Old
12-02-2003, 10:24 AM
Catala

Send a message via MSN to Catala
If this is not a trade in the work,i don't understand a thing... I agree that we don't know what's going on in practices but it should be very bad if CJ wants to sit Ribeiro (who i don't especialy worship).

I am specchless...

Old
12-02-2003, 10:30 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan19
This is stupid if it happens, don't know how Ribs would take it, might shatter his confidence
Din't get me wrong, I am not a fan of this constant roulette of sitting players but.....

if Ribs and other players have their confidence shattered because they sit for a game, these millionaires will have to get a backbone.

Please.

If that crushes their fragile confidence, then is that the kind of player that you want? A player that when the going gets tough, he cries?

Is that the kind of player that wins you games when you are behind a goal or two? ....hey...wait.... how long has it been since we came from behind....

Old
12-02-2003, 10:31 AM
Bob Bastards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole
But to say that we will lose because Ribs is in not in lineup is just blind. Hopefully you were just exaggerating. Nobody on that roster is not expendable. Ribs doesn't score two a game, and he sure doesn't stop the puck from going into his own net.
But he sure help in the creativity departement. Its just that we have so much dead wood on this team, that benching one of your good player is stupid...

Old
12-02-2003, 10:37 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
But he sure help in the creativity departement. Its just that we have so much dead wood on this team, that benching one of your good player is stupid...
Yeah, he is creative.

And once every 3 games he does a really nice move that excites the crowd.

But I guess that CJ and BG don't think he will help win tonight. I am not saying that I agree.

Juneau... oye. Our great stopper. We are in bad shape.

Old
12-02-2003, 10:40 AM
MrPicard

I hope they will play Bulis on the second line at least....

Old
12-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Leprechaun

vCash:
Maybe Ribs is benched for the new Power Forward....Craig Rivet

More I think...more CJ is the only candidat 4 the Jack Adams !

Old
12-02-2003, 10:41 AM
Capitano

Like the rest of you, I can't understand this. Until he proves me otherwise, I will think that CJ is a madman. And I maintain that he is not the coach that will make our team better.

Cap

Closed Thread