HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could we ONCE be agressive???

Closed Thread

Old
01-09-2007, 08:48 PM
SML

vCash: 500
Could we ONCE be agressive???

I am soooo tired of watching teams run roughshod over Jagr with NO fear of repercussion whatsoever. We see how dominant the Jagr line is when they have space. My question is, why does the team, mainly Renney, not get offended when other teams take liberties? IMO, Witt playing Jagr tough is the same as Brashear elbowing him. Neither are acceptable. I don't think goon hockey is good just for goon hockey sake, but if you use tough players properly, they are like valuable chess pieces. Why not run a set play to take Witt off the ice? Put Hollweg on the wing of the Jagr line. Throw an alleyoop dump into Witts corner and set him up for Hollweg to crush him. After that happens about twice, Witt's going to lose his cool and take himself out of the game. Presto! Jagr is free to run amok. You may call it cheap or dirty, I call it coaching.

Old
01-09-2007, 08:52 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
This is being discussed in the GDT.