HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NBC NHL TV Schedule

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2007, 10:20 PM
  #1
IMHockeyNutz*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
NBC NHL TV Schedule

NBC is set to begin airing its lineup of NHL games! Their coverage begins this Saturday January 13th with 3 games!

Now I know NBC won't cover things the way the Canadian broadcasters do, but any TV coverage from a mainstream American Broadcaster for the American audience is a good thing. (especially since it isn't Fox and their idiotic FoxTrax system...remember the glowing puck!)

Full NBC Schedule on my blog...too long to post here...

or...

on NBC's Website

IMHockeyNutz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:14 PM
  #2
Crosby87.*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMHockeyNutz View Post
NBC is set to begin airing its lineup of NHL games! Their coverage begins this Saturday January 13th with 3 games!

Now I know NBC won't cover things the way the Canadian broadcasters do, but any TV coverage from a mainstream American Broadcaster for the American audience is a good thing. (especially since it isn't Fox and their idiotic FoxTrax system...remember the glowing puck!)

Full NBC Schedule on my blog...too long to post here...

or...

on NBC's Website
WOO. They show a lot of Pens games

Crosby87.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 11:25 PM
  #3
Hemi-Cuda
Registered User
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosby87. View Post
WOO. They show a lot of Pens games
which is exactly what they should be doing. i have no feelings towards the Penguins one way or the other, but i still try to catch whatever games i can from them because of all the amazing young talent on that team. hell even when the Penguins lose Crosby still manages to make things interesting most of the time

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:08 AM
  #4
Henry Killinger
Registered User
 
Henry Killinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Roanoke, VA
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 718
vCash: 500
Anyone know if these will be broadcast in HD?
Thanks in advance.

Henry Killinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:38 AM
  #5
Eddie Vedder
Registered User
 
Eddie Vedder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,516
vCash: 500
Haha, Weak. This weeks west coat game is brutal! Stl and LA.

Thats alright, ill be watching hockey day live from my hometown on cbc anyways .

Eddie Vedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 04:47 PM
  #6
Trizent
Registered User
 
Trizent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Oil Country
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Killinger View Post
Anyone know if these will be broadcast in HD?
Thanks in advance.
I believe the Pens and FLyers are HD this week.

Last year, one game per weekend was HD.

Trizent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
  #7
Finest
Puck Fittsburg
 
Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 5,587
vCash: 500
Not to bad the Rangers have 4 games on NBC all of which should be good. I want to see the Ranger/Blackhawk game the most, that is if I dont get tickets.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 05:27 PM
  #8
Missionhockey
Registered User
 
Missionhockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 6,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizent View Post
I believe the Pens and FLyers are HD this week.

Last year, one game per weekend was HD.
I feel bad for the Flyers, I hope they don't get drubbed again by the Penguins this week on national television.

Missionhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 08:16 PM
  #9
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBrew View Post
Haha, Weak. This weeks west coat game is brutal! Stl and LA.

Thats alright, ill be watching hockey day live from my hometown on cbc anyways .

too bad my preds didn't merit a game this year. i guess two last place teams and 2 of the 3 worst in the west would draw more ratings. time to wait for our 1 VS game this year. if the preds make the playoffs maybe they will get a game. probably they will have to be in the finals first. the sad part is they have more games on CBC and TSN than VS and NBC. at least FSN has some love.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 08:54 PM
  #10
Hemi-Cuda
Registered User
 
Hemi-Cuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,006
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
too bad my preds didn't merit a game this year. i guess two last place teams and 2 of the 3 worst in the west would draw more ratings. time to wait for our 1 VS game this year. if the preds make the playoffs maybe they will get a game. probably they will have to be in the finals first. the sad part is they have more games on CBC and TSN than VS and NBC. at least FSN has some love.
well what are the TV ratings for Nashville anyways? for having such a successful team for quite awhile now their attendance is dismal, can't imagine TV ratings being any better

Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 09:16 PM
  #11
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,465
vCash: 500
Columbus 3/4 games,no Fla.


CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:56 PM
  #12
irisheyes555
Registered User
 
irisheyes555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: State of confusion
Country: Ireland
Posts: 895
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
well what are the TV ratings for Nashville anyways? for having such a successful team for quite awhile now their attendance is dismal, can't imagine TV ratings being any better
don't know what the TV ratings are/would be, but a schedule based on attendance doesn't explain why teams with worse home attendance still have games(Boston, NJ, Chicago, Washington, NYI, StL). unless of course teams get a pass on attendance if you are from a large market. large markets should have more TV viewers, but then again they should have more game attendees.

i wouldn't say the attendance is dismal, since the preds have an 86% fill rate(100%=17k). no doubt it could be better, but at least there are not fair weather fans. nashville just needs more corporations to get on board. it's mainly lower bowl seats that are not getting filled.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 10:57 PM
  #13
Crosby87.*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
which is exactly what they should be doing. i have no feelings towards the Penguins one way or the other, but i still try to catch whatever games i can from them because of all the amazing young talent on that team. hell even when the Penguins lose Crosby still manages to make things interesting most of the time
Yep yep. I don't get to watch a lot, that's why I love when NBC starts airing games

Crosby87.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2007, 03:09 PM
  #14
jkrdevil
UnRegistered User
 
jkrdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maryland
Country: United States
Posts: 30,408
vCash: 500
Here is the coverage map for this week.
-New York (metro and state), New England, and Florida get the Boston vs. Rangers game.
-Western time zone, Hawaii, Alaska, Guam, and Missouri get LA vs. STL.
-Everyone else gets Pittsburgh vs. Philly.
http://www.nbcsports.com/download/2007/0110/812660.pdf

jkrdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.