HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn, Halak, Roy make AHL All-Star teams

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2007, 01:10 PM
  #1
Tatay Farlo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: India
Posts: 1,441
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Tatay Farlo Send a message via MSN to Tatay Farlo Send a message via Yahoo to Tatay Farlo
Kostitsyn, Halak, Roy make AHL All-Star teams

Thought this deserved a main thread. Great to see Kosts make it and Halak has been terrific and has been named a starter.

EDIT: Link to the article: http://www.theahl.com/news/league/in...rticle_id=7350

Tatay Farlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:11 PM
  #2
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,361
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Is this the reason why Kostitsyn did not get a call up?

JMMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:13 PM
  #3
Tuggy
Registered User
 
Tuggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Saint John
Country: Canada
Posts: 31,036
vCash: 1484
Mike Keane.

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 01:14 PM
  #4
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMMR View Post
Is this the reason why Kostitsyn did not get a call up?
we needed centers...

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:14 PM
  #5
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,184
vCash: 500
good stuff!

kinda surprised about Roy though where did this guy come from?! he is not on the prospect page and he is like 23yrs old ?

edit: just realized he bleongs to EDM http://www2.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...s/Mathieu_Roy/

i did not realize the game was in toronto. i just realized i could go, and it might be cool, although i will probably goto MTL that weekend instead


Last edited by Habitants: 01-09-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:20 PM
  #6
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,871
vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
good stuff!

kinda surprised about Roy though where did this guy come from?! he is not on the prospect page and he is like 23yrs old ?
Oiler prospect.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 02:34 PM
  #7
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 24,367
vCash: 915
Good stuff , last year Yann Danis was the game's MVP. Hopefully Halak can do the same

Edit : All 3 goalies form Planet/USA are Euro's : Halak/Ramo/Schwarz.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 03:36 PM
  #8
montreal
Moderator
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Greenland
Posts: 26,292
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
Good stuff , last year Yann Danis was the game's MVP. Hopefully Halak can do the same

Edit : All 3 goalies form Planet/USA are Euro's : Halak/Ramo/Schwarz.
With Plekanec getting the MVP the year before.

Congrats to Halak and Kostitsyn for getting the nod. What a rookie year Halak is having and Kostitsyn making is the all stars is a positive sign.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 04:30 PM
  #9
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,200
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
yeah but it was based on votes... i mean keane got in unless it is similar to what they did for Messier.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 05:03 PM
  #10
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser
 
Psycho Papa Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Cesspool, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,351
vCash: 500
Thought Milroy might make it. His numbers are better than 3 or 4 of the Canada forwards.

Psycho Papa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2007, 05:58 PM
  #11
terreur
Registered User
 
terreur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,744
vCash: 500
congrats to Halak and Kosty!!! and also to Roy.

terreur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:31 AM
  #12
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,699
vCash: 500
Of the 394 players to take part in the AHL All-Star Classic since 1995, more than 93 percent have competed in the National Hockey League, including Patrice Bergeron, Brad Boyes, Daniel Briere, Jonathan Cheechoo, Pavol Demitra, Rick DiPietro, Patrik Elias, Ray Emery, Miikka Kiprusoff, Kari Lehtonen, Ryan Miller, Dwayne Roloson, Marc Savard, Martin St. Louis, Jason Spezza, Eric Staal, Steve Sullivan

I hope we can add Kostitsyn and Halak soon to that list!!

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 01:13 AM
  #13
Pascal
Registered User
 
Pascal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,467
vCash: 500
I think Halak could be another Vokoun-type goaltender. Been around a while, but might not get his real chance with Price pushing up quite fast in the next few years.

Danis is a good goaltender as well.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 06:09 AM
  #14
Mr. Hab
Registered User
 
Mr. Hab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,699
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
I think Halak could be another Vokoun-type goaltender. Been around a while, but might not get his real chance with Price pushing up quite fast in the next few years.

Danis is a good goaltender as well.
Halak as a Vokoun-type...very possible. Could happen. We have a great problem at hand in the goaltending department (Huet, Halak, Price...).

Unfortunately...DANIS might be used as trade bait (package trade...just my opinion, not a fact!). Danis is also UFA this summer, unless Habs sign him to a (one way? or two way?) $450,000 contract?...

I'd like to see Halak as backup to Huet next year (with Price pressuring him)...

Carey Price (as a 20 year-old next season) getting lots of time with the Bulldogs (with Desjardins as backup? or Desjardins to play 1 out of every 3 or 4 games?...).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 07:18 AM
  #15
DanKramerHabs
HFBoards Partner
 
DanKramerHabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DanKramerHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Halak as a Vokoun-type...very possible. Could happen. We have a great problem at hand in the goaltending department (Huet, Halak, Price...).

Unfortunately...DANIS might be used as trade bait (package trade...just my opinion, not a fact!). Danis is also UFA this summer, unless Habs sign him to a (one way? or two way?) $450,000 contract?...

I'd like to see Halak as backup to Huet next year (with Price pressuring him)...

Carey Price (as a 20 year-old next season) getting lots of time with the Bulldogs (with Desjardins as backup? or Desjardins to play 1 out of every 3 or 4 games?...).
If Danis and Aebischer both leave by UFA, I would kind of like to see a veteran UFA back-up type guy brought into the organization, likely for Hamilton.

I would want a guy with experience to back-up Price in Hamilton, while Halak would back-up Huet in Montreal. I know we have a glut of goalies, and this would mean having Desjardins and Laccasse likely as the pair in Cincinnati, but I feel it might be good for Price to begin his pro career along with someone who knows the ropes a little (even, like, a Danis).

Bringing in a veteran also gives you options if Halak is struggling as an NHL back-up.

DanKramerHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 07:22 AM
  #16
turnbuckle*
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 3,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Of the 394 players to take part in the AHL All-Star Classic since 1995, more than 93 percent have competed in the National Hockey League, including Patrice Bergeron, Brad Boyes, Daniel Briere, Jonathan Cheechoo, Pavol Demitra, Rick DiPietro, Patrik Elias, Ray Emery, Miikka Kiprusoff, Kari Lehtonen, Ryan Miller, Dwayne Roloson, Marc Savard, Martin St. Louis, Jason Spezza, Eric Staal, Steve Sullivan

I hope we can add Kostitsyn and Halak soon to that list!!
Kostitsyn has already competed at the NHL level.

I thought Lapierre would make the team.

turnbuckle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 08:10 AM
  #17
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi
 
Rise from the Ashes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pointe-Claire, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,200
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
Of the 394 players to take part in the AHL All-Star Classic since 1995, more than 93 percent have competed in the National Hockey League, including Patrice Bergeron, Brad Boyes, Daniel Briere, Jonathan Cheechoo, Pavol Demitra, Rick DiPietro, Patrik Elias, Ray Emery, Miikka Kiprusoff, Kari Lehtonen, Ryan Miller, Dwayne Roloson, Marc Savard, Martin St. Louis, Jason Spezza, Eric Staal, Steve Sullivan

I hope we can add Kostitsyn and Halak soon to that list!!
most are players who are the best older players who fit in as good call ups.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 12:16 PM
  #18
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,042
vCash: 500
good news

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 05:22 PM
  #19
FTowwn
Registered User
 
FTowwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
If Danis and Aebischer both leave by UFA, I would kind of like to see a veteran UFA back-up type guy brought into the organization, likely for Hamilton.

I would want a guy with experience to back-up Price in Hamilton, while Halak would back-up Huet in Montreal. I know we have a glut of goalies, and this would mean having Desjardins and Laccasse likely as the pair in Cincinnati, but I feel it might be good for Price to begin his pro career along with someone who knows the ropes a little (even, like, a Danis).

Bringing in a veteran also gives you options if Halak is struggling as an NHL back-up.
good idea and i fully agree. I dont think Danis is going to re-sign with us this year unless he is guaranteed the backup spot which i think he should, then give one more year in Hamilton with a Price and Halak split. After that year, Halak moves up to the backup spot and Price carries the load in goal for hamilton. If we bring Halak up as the backup next year, he wont see a lot of games and will be on the bench a lot whih wont be good for development really. I think its important be develop booth Price and Halak to their ful potentials.

FTowwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.