HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Put Away The Rabbits' Feet

Old
01-10-2007, 02:02 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

vCash: 500
Put Away The Rabbits' Feet

Our luck has turned !!!

Man was I groaning when we hit that second post and thinking, "my **** but here we go again boys!" Despite playing well enough to win the other day, a bit of bad luck and there it is. This time we pressed and pressed and no go - we're down 2-zip and it sure look like the rotten fortune continues.

But we played though it! And our luck turned !!

Forget which Trasher hit a big fat post last night - and pucks were staying OUT on scrambles - miraculous!

Of course Huet was awesome too.

But I think it's safe to say that the bad streak is over. I've maintained for the past week that good teams need the bounces too, and all of a sudden they're going our way a bit more again. All the "prolonged slump" crowd can go back to their holes and hide 'cause we're back on the Good Foot. This is what happens even with good teams. It's be said before but bears saying again.

Interesting (and a relief) to see Higgins on the third line. Carbo's not so slow to shuffle guys making less than $1 million it seems. But promoting Latendresse had to happen - and what a result.

Looking forward:

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Plekenac-Kovalev
Higgins-Lapierre-Johnson
Perezhogin-Murray-Streit

Bonk's return will push Lapierre down, either to line 4 or to Hamilton. Highly doubt ANYONE gets waived before March 1st. IMO put Lapierre in for Murray and that's a 4th line worth keeping together.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:10 PM
ti-vite

When Begin returns, either Murray or Downey gets waived, or Lapierre gets sent down.

Or, 3 of Begin,Murray,Downey,Lapierre watch in the stands (probably rotate with Streit) and they release Janne, but I doubt they release a defensmen, a highly desired comodity for a good playoff push...

ti-vite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

Yeah I don't see us releasing a D-man either, considering we've dressed 8 of 'em at times lately.

Most likely that Lapierre is sent down and we see:

Latendresse-Koivu-Ryder
Samsonov-Plekenac-Kovalev
Higgins-Bonk-Johnson
Perezhogin-Begin-Streit

or Murray for Begin if he's not back. Me personally, I'd like Murray @ centre, Begin on the wing, and Streit on the blueline instead of Boullion - again in the scenario with no Lapierre. If Higgins gets back in gear the whole thing will jumble again anyhow.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote